shape
carat
color
clarity

Best buy for $2,500

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

panascooter

Rough_Rock
I''ve only spend a week or so looking on the net, and this site is by far the best for information. Thanks for putting it together
1.gif

I''m looking to buy a diamond in the 2000-2500 range to propose to my girlfriend in the next couple of months and I''m looking to get the best bang for my buck. I''d like to get an eye clean round brilliant in the 3/4 carat range, H or I color or better (it will be in a gold setting) and no lower than an VS2 or Si1 clarity.

I found some great deals from ucdealshere''s ebay store. (http://stores.ebay.com/UCDEALSHERE-Diamonds-and-Gems)
but my excitement waned a bit when I started learning about proportions and table percentages and I realized that most of his diamonds weren''t ideal cut.

The specific diamond i was looking at was a .79, VS2, H color, good polish/good symmetry that I scored as a 4.8 on the HCA tester, the price: $2,380 (see pictures) (link below) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4962697807&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Is there anywhere else that I can get diamonds of this quality with better cut for comparable prices?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

panascooter2.JPG

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Do a PS search at the top of the page with your parameters. I did a quick search and found a bunch within your price range that are ideal cut. I did the carat search between .70ct and .80ct. You''ll find a bunch of good quality stones there!

Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one on Ebay ! Looks nice in the photos (at least symmetry shows) and the HCA says 1.5 all "excellent" but the spread. The price looks nice for a round of ideal proportions (=HCA ideal).

There is one "if" on this stone though... the clarity plot indicates a natural on the girdle and that''s all that shows to make this VS2. In the same time, the girdle width reads "very thin to thick". The "very thin" should reffer to the spot where the natural is, ''cause the depth and the spread of the stone appear to indicate a thick girdle on average. The respective characteristic may or may not be of concern - it just depends if "very thin" is thin enough to be exposed to chipping. I just do not know enough of these things to say if this is a safe bet or not.
34.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Check Good Old Gold search engine...they had .66 H&A , VS2 within your budget...scored 1.5 on HCA.......they have several others, too!! Some from GOG came up on PS search engine......

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Color on that one was G, by the way...

panascooter

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for your help, I''ve already found some good deals (dirtcheapdiamonds, abazias) if you find any other great deals, send them my way. i need all the help i can get. =) here''s one from dirtcheap (.71, H, SI2)

panascooter dirt cheap.jpg

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Here''s an option under 2K to consider (and the best I found easy to display under 2500).

Also, here''s some more general shopping suggestions.

Then again, since Ana likes the one you originally found on e-Bay, maybe you shouldn''t forget about that one after all. Otherwise, some of us fogies tend to stick to recommending vendors who hang here at Pricescope.

with best wishes,

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you said $2500 but this is $2700 and its a knockout from the #''s, the picture looks great, and the size is great too:

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7403446&ref=PS622
.78 H SI1 Signature Ideal Almost H&A

I love size so out of all the ones posted I would like that one the best...you will see a diff between a .70 and a .78 most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results