shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Body Moisturizers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i actually bought some unrefined extra virgin coconut oil for cooking the other day, man is it pricey, something like $15 for a bottle...maybe 8 oz? the tip was to fry the fish in it rather than olive oil to get a more islandy feel. it definitely was good!!! interesting re: thinking of using it for the skin! i guess you could use it like body oil and mix it in with lotions too?

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
a bit late here, but thought id add my thoughts as well...but first of all, ann u look gorgeous!!! u do not look like mother/daughter!!!

well for me, i use NARS brightening face lotion on my face and its soooo good..its so light and keeps my skin moist and has a slight shimmer to it....i can easily just use that on my face and walk out and ppl think that i have some make up on my face...

during the day i like to use Body Shop coco butter (but use sparingly coz its quite thick!) and if i feel like dressing up then i use the Coco Butter Body Shimmer (it is excellent!!!!! and smells great).....

Mara: I tried those firming stuff! HAA! wat a joke..no results watsoever....i also tried the Gernier Roller Balls for cellulite and firming the thighs....nothing..zilch! but at least it didnt smell too bad (slight orange scent)..i still use it sometimes...hoping that it mite work!!

for the bath i usually like ''fruity'' scents that are invigorating...so far ive been using the ''imperial leather foam'' body wash...its so easy to use and very foamy...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheapo Queen Helene cocoa butter works for me plus the odd squirt of baby oil in the tub.
16.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- yes, I can go ahead and grill myself up when I'm all coconutty! LOL

I think this stuff comes solid and then melts? Or maybe it's liquid...not sure? But in any event, I'm just going to put in it a pump dispenser and use it like baby oil...I wonder how it "binds" to lotion....so am not sure about combining it with lotion in a bottle...we shall see...but hmmm, I don't want to smell like a coconut...so probably just use it at night. There is a lot about its benefits on the skin...I'll let you know what happens!

This stuff is $12 for 15oz!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
keep us posted on it mmm...maybe i will try it out. the scent on mine is pretty mild.

my coconut oil in the bottle came looking kind of like crisco. so not sure if it will work in a liquid pump kind of bottle. there is a little liquid but most of it is a little thicker.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
well, I have super dry skin and a mild case of eczema, so here are some of my favs (don''t necessarily use them all right now):

1. Eucerin lotion or cream.
2. Aveeno products. Lately, I totally love their calming facial moisturizer for sensitive skin with 15 SPF.
3. Like MMM already said, pure Vaseline. Some people think that''s crazy, but I actually really like it. It was a recommendation from a dermatologist when I once used almond oil under my eyes and had an allergic reaction (YUK!).
4. Instead of Aveeno products, you can actually take a bath in oatmeal using regular ole rolled oats. You can grind it up in a blender, or put a little bit in an old stocking and tie it up on both ends, and throw it in your bath water. The bath tub might need a good cleaning afterwards, but it really helped calm my skin down.
5. Slathering on baby oil (or another oil), right after you shower and before you dry off. Then just pat dry. If it''s summer time and you can handle just letting your body dry off naturally, that helps seal everything in even better.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh! I''m glad to hear that it is mostly solid...I like that .... I''ll just put it in a big jar! It should arrive next week!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I have been moisturizing myself after every shower for as long as I can remember- and I get compliments all the time on my "baby-soft skin."
9.gif
And I take at least 2-3 showers per day (my neurosis), so that is a lot of moisturizing!!! And, I have to say, if I dont moisturize after a shower (which is like, never) it feels really weird to me. My skin feels taught, itchy, and dry.

I think one of the best moisturizers there is is Nivea body- original lotion. It has been around forever, and it such a nice. light cream that moisturizes really intensely. Plus, it smells really fresh and clean too. And you can buy it at your local pharmacy for like 8 bucks, and that buys you a lot. For my face, I use different moistuirizers in the winter vs the summer, but the Nivea cream is a mainstay for my body all year-long.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My son has mild excema and tries everything to keep it at bay--he has found that besids Euricine, he combines a bit of vaseline with the Avon Oatmeal moisturizer. So far this alchemy/mixing works--no exema for some time! (and my Dermatologist would heartliy approve, who doesn''t beleive in expensive creams, just a over the counter cold cream mixed with vaseline for a moisturizer....).

cheers--Sharon

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
The jergens with subtle tanning work wonderfully for normal to normal-to-dry skin. Affordable, too.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the body shop body butters are nice and very moisturizing. My old time favorite is Jergens, with the original Cherry Almond scent...reminds me of my childhood for some reason!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought the Shedonism (body butter) from Origins and I am enjoying it! The floral fragrance (gardenia, jasmine, shey butter)...dies down after 10 minutes or so and it hydrating without feeling greasy. So far so good!

cheers--Sharon

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
When I was in St. Lucia in the Caribbean, coconut oil was very inexpensive to get. They have special type of coconut oil lotions, creams and shampoos and such. I didn''t buy any but some was in our room for free so i brought it home. The hair conditioner is lightly scented, not overwhelming. I left the conditioner in my hair while I sunbathed while we were in the Caribbean and when i showered, wow, was my hair super soft! The body lotion was heavenly and not oily at all. I use the Neutrogena Light Sesame Body Oil daily, but just enough to keep my skin soft and then layer that with my body butter.

Like others have said here, I modify what I do for my skin in the winter due to the season versus the summer. I have my feet bare so much from spring on, that I need extra moisturizing in the summer. In the winter, I use good ole vaseline on my feet and Kiehl''s cuticle cream on my toes and some socks just before bedtime. I take off the socks if I am too warm or leave them on all night if I am cold. In the morning, my feet are nice and soft. Unfortunately, the softness is hard to come by due to alligator-like dryness on my feet.
emsad.gif

For my face, I alternate what I do. I have pretty good skin, largely in part to what I inherited from my mom. I also use an spf 15 every day and if needed, I hydrate it with a mister. I never go to bed with makeup on which I feel helps alot.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wanted to throw an update in here...i was at longs drugs the other day...our local drugstore and i picked up this awesome body scrub in a bottle. it''s called ''bain de luxe'' and it was 17 oz for $4.99...and it ROCKS. i got the lavendar one, and it smells great, very light scent, it has aloe vera and some vitamins and glycerin in it, it''s just the right ''scrub'' feel, not too abrasive or too weak, not oily....i just love it. so for anyone who is looking for a squeeze bottle body scrub for a great price, try it...i''m sure you can find it online or in your local drugstore. i''m so happy i didn''t have to pay $25 for something like a 20oz philosophy...which i would have done but this budget find works so much better for me.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Adding to this..

I ordered Sephora''s Body Butter and well, it''s just ok. But it is in a large tub, so at least there''s a ton of it.

Bath &Body has a huge sale on, or did, today might be the last day.

I have found Tea Tree oil is helping a toenail that ripped off, 3 times. It is growing back so much better than the other 2 times.

But I am still looking for that special lotion.

Mara, I will hunt that scrub down, sounds perfect.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Just thought that I'd mention that I love. LOVE. LOOOVVEEEEE Coconut Oil. Love it. LOVE IT. LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE IT. Did I say I love it? It's awesome. The ONLY ONLY ONLY thing that is amazing on my SUPER dry skin. It is a little greasy at first, but seems to get soaked up by the skin. Keeps me soft ALL day. Is amazing. I even think a scar is fading...and it helps for all sorts of things I read- Keratosis, Acne (b/c of the natural acid which = exfoliation) Wrinkles, Scars, Healing. I LOVE it. It's a pain to apply...must get a squeeze bottle. It will be better in the winter when it's a solid. Even with the air on, it's too darn hot for it to stay solid. I guess I could keep it in the fridge.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''m on an Avon kick--just bought the "Tropical Coconut Foot Scrub and Foot Lotion". One exfoliates and the other moisturizes. Fab products (my feet look great) and can''t beat the price, under 5 bucks a pop for 100mls. each.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm mmm i may have to try it. my coconut oil for cooking is liquifying as well, it stays in the pantry.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 1:02:06 PM
Author: Mara
i wanted to throw an update in here...i was at longs drugs the other day...our local drugstore and i picked up this awesome body scrub in a bottle. it''s called ''bain de luxe'' and it was 17 oz for $4.99...and it ROCKS. i got the lavendar one, and it smells great, very light scent, it has aloe vera and some vitamins and glycerin in it, it''s just the right ''scrub'' feel, not too abrasive or too weak, not oily....i just love it. so for anyone who is looking for a squeeze bottle body scrub for a great price, try it...i''m sure you can find it online or in your local drugstore. i''m so happy i didn''t have to pay $25 for something like a 20oz philosophy...which i would have done but this budget find works so much better for me.
Mara, I found this at my local Ulta store. Just happened to see it in the sale section. I took it to Scottsdale with me, even though I spoiled myself with spa treatments for 4 days in a row. I also bought the matching shower gel. My fragrance was different though, rosemary and mint, just like the Aveda ones. Thanks for the info - good stuff doesn''t have to be a freakin fortune.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ann i wondered if you had found it....i just LOVE that scrub, i am SO happy with it, it leaves my skin feeling like a baby''s when i''m done and because it was only $5 i don''t feel bad using a lot of it (i am always an overusing product type person hehee). i am only 1/3 through the bottle though even with using too much typically, and i love that it suds when you use it....so it''s definitely a great affordable product. i think they had the rosemary mint at the store too but i am a huge lavendar fan so i had to try this one!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Definitely give it a try...I don''t think I can live without it!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion, I get the unscented one and put a few drops of The Body Shop''s Vanilla Oil and it smells yummy! I get mine at Whole Foods, I think it was 32 oz. for $12.99 or something like that.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
This may be a bit late, but have you found your lotion yet?

You may consider trying Cetaphil. It is a fragrence free moisterizing lotion that is designed specifically for dry/sensitive skin. It''s a white plastic jar with a green label. They sell it everywhere (walmart, walgreens, wherever). It''s not high end or fancy, and it doesn''t have any kind of fancy scent, but it really works well. Everyone in my family uses it because one of our realitives (A dermetologist) swears by it, and it really does work nicely. It is a little bit like giving your skin something nice to drink.And it is not filmy or greasy or anything. It works for me anyway. Maybe it would be worth trying (even if the name does sound like some kind of strange medication)

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''m using a tub of body butter from Sephora, mixed with a squirt of sesame oil. Sometimes I get a little carried away with the oil and have to work it in a bit. But it is helping the ol'' skin. I also bought some L''Occitane that I love, but it is so expensive, 38.00 for a tube.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have been mixing a cocktail of jergens skin firming lotion with some nighttime repair lotion from vaseline that smells like lavendar and some other stuff and the neutrogena body oil (i got the unscented the other day as i was tired of the sesame and needed a break) and this seems to be working very well for the burning summer days. when using the oil for me there is a fine line between just right and too much...but it gives me a nice shimmery look and the cocktail is keeping my skin very soft (and the skin firming HAS to be working, IM SURE!!! hehe)...and i am loving that $4.99 body scrub stuff i got from longs....i use it pretty liberally about 3x a week and the bottle is not even half empty. sweet!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wanted to update this thread..

for the last 2 months i have been using Vaseline''s Firming Radiance body lotion and i just absolutely LOVE IT. it has collagen and sunscreen and a bunch of other ''good for your skin'' kind of things in it, and it really does seem to make my skin look firmer, plumper...prettier. i even use it on my face sometimes in the morning after showering and i swear it makes my face look just a little tighter.

i''ve used other similar products like jergens skin firming and nivea but this one is the best. so if anyone is interested in trying something new and not expensive...!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, thanks for the update. I''m out of the Sephora Body Butter, so I''ll try your new stuff. Sounds cheaper anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results