shape
carat
color
clarity

Bespoke Gems - Citrine and Chalcedony

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What lovely stones. I particularly like your acorn citrine. What fire! Looking forward to seeing them when set.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Burberrygirl and AustenNut!

I have a nasty habit of spending all my setting money on more stones . . . hmmmmm. Let''s hope that my Christmas presents might involve some setting!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug emailed me to say he has sent my cirtine asscher off to me today!!!!!! So excited, can''t wait to receive it.......
31.gif

I also think the Acorn design would look really cute actually made into an acorn pedant with a rich gold cap on a long gold chain. It would swing and twinkle in the sun.
30.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, such cool stones!

Might I suggest Julia Kay Taylor for the citrine? Not just because she''s so wonderful, but from a particular conversation we had regarding my marquise blue zircon. She mentioned in particular how she was drawn to the graceful curves of the pavilion and how she wanted to create a design that showcased this. She did a wonderful job with the design sketch; the ring itself isn''t started yet, but she may be a great option for you.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 12:11:00 AM
Author: HotPozzum
Doug emailed me to say he has sent my cirtine asscher off to me today!!!!!! So excited, can''t wait to receive it.......
31.gif

I also think the Acorn design would look really cute actually made into an acorn pedant with a rich gold cap on a long gold chain. It would swing and twinkle in the sun.
30.gif

So exciting! I demand lots of detailed shots! A citrine asscher is next on my list, I just haven''t decided which shade I want . .

You know, it would be cool, but I don''t think I could bear to put a cap on top of that acorn. I''ve never really been a fan of rounds, but it DOES exhibit quite a bit of fieryflash all bubbling in there.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 12:26:22 AM
Author: jstarfireb
Wow, such cool stones!

Might I suggest Julia Kay Taylor for the citrine? Not just because she''s so wonderful, but from a particular conversation we had regarding my marquise blue zircon. She mentioned in particular how she was drawn to the graceful curves of the pavilion and how she wanted to create a design that showcased this. She did a wonderful job with the design sketch; the ring itself isn''t started yet, but she may be a great option for you.

Thanks, Jstarfireb!

Hmmmm, it really sounds as if she would put a lot of thought into this design. I think I DID see that she had done a very James-Meyer-esque ring for someone with, I think, the same type of features that my example ring had (forgive me if I''m wrong -- I haven''t had my coffee yet!). I''ve never thought of her, though, as she seems to do mostly silver, and . . . it doesn''t seem to matter what kind of silver, it will turn green and corrode the second it gets within five feet of me - lol. I''ll contact her, see if maybe we could do white gold . .

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE these stones. And I''m insanely infatuated with that acorn citrine. Lucky.
21.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 11:27:04 AM
Author: monarch64
21.gif

Thanks Monarch! You know, Doug has some more acorns on his site . . .
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2009 2:19:57 PM
Author: fierypyropixy

21.gif

31.gif
Uh-ohhhhhhhhh. Sorely tempted to go look. Ok, giving into temptation.
11.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 2:55:50 PM
Date: 10/7/2009 2:19:57 PM

21.gif

31.gif
Uh-ohhhhhhhhh. Sorely tempted to go look. Ok, giving into temptation.
11.gif

Hehe . . . sorry for being an enabler! There''s also a "Pop''s Orange" in the Peridot section (sold, but you can still see the cut) that''s pretty similar to the acorn too.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 10:45:59 AM

Wow, such cool stones!

Thanks, Jstarfireb!

Hmmmm, it really sounds as if she would put a lot of thought into this design. I think I DID see that she had done a very James-Meyer-esque ring for someone with, I think, the same type of features that my example ring had (forgive me if I''m wrong -- I haven''t had my coffee yet!). I''ve never thought of her, though, as she seems to do mostly silver, and . . . it doesn''t seem to matter what kind of silver, it will turn green and corrode the second it gets within five feet of me - lol. I''ll contact her, see if maybe we could do white gold . .

Well Julia prefers to work with a tarnish-resistant alloy called Argentium silver. But I guess you never know how your body chemistry will react with any metal. She also works with gold and would probably be able to give you a quote for that too.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 5:38:33 PM
Date: 10/6/2009 10:45:59 AM

Wow, such cool stones!

Thanks, Jstarfireb!

Well Julia prefers to work with a tarnish-resistant alloy called Argentium silver. But I guess you never know how your body chemistry will react with any metal. She also works with gold and would probably be able to give you a quote for that too.

Thanks -- yes, I contacted her after your recommendation and she got back to me with some methods for replating/dipping in rhodium or palladium. They also do platinum dipping, and a clear coating too . . . so I''m wondering if one has a more long-lasting benefit than another. I don''t really want to have to go back and re-dip every year like some people advise for white gold. I don''t bother with dipping for my white gold wedding rings, but that''s just because I prefer the patina -- with the citrine ring, I wouldn''t want to have to worry about going green at a certain point in the year!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results