shape
carat
color
clarity

besides jewelry...what are your other knowledgeable topics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 7:52:05 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I had 5 male bettas at one point (I was 18 and lived with my parents--not much room) three were in a 20 gallon tank that had a filter and a heater in it. They were separated by clear sheets of plastic that were perforated all over. Because of the danger of their long fins, they were also separated from the filter, so as to not get tired out. The other two were in 2 10 gallon tanks that didn''t have filters, and I changed out the water about once every week and a half. I liked to give them a lot of room to swim around unlike those cups they have them in at the pet stores. For the filtered tank I rarely changed that water-probably did a little refresher about once every few weeks or so, because the filter was really too big for the tank, and they aren''t exactly dirty. Having said all of that, they can live in really bad conditions. In the wild they live in puddles, so they can tolerate a bunch of bad stuff.

Do you have a betta? I love them. I keep thinking about getting another one, but we have too many animals as it is. (I''d have a zoo if I could though!)

And I love my dwarfies!!! They are adorable and when they come out and want to play it''s the highlight of my day!

I think Bettas are beautiful, and it saddens me that I always see them in little plastic cups at pet stores. They look so confined and lonely. I only had one betta, and he survived for a few months. Then I became more knowledgeable about caring for fishes, and I eventually bought larger tanks. Right now, I have two oscars and a firemouth in a 90 GL tank.

I also have a zoo. I have two yellow labs and two turtles in a 55 GL tank, along with the fishes. All these mouths to feed!
37.gif

But they are sooo worth it, aren''t they?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I, too, am still building my jewelry knowledge.

I consider myself knowledgeable in interior design/space planning (10+ years experience, almost all retail) and cooking. In the cooking arena, my "specialty" is taking bad for you things and making a healthy, weight conscious version.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me? I would definitely say astronomy and photography. I am pretty good at counting calories and baking. I know desk top publshing and how to create websites pretty well (including true HTML). I know more about food allergies, allergies and arthritis than I ever wanted to know.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Cosmetics
Cosmetology
Hair care
MMA
Skin care

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 8:14:05 PM
Author: platinumrock
I think Bettas are beautiful, and it saddens me that I always see them in little plastic cups at pet stores. They look so confined and lonely. I only had one betta, and he survived for a few months. Then I became more knowledgeable about caring for fishes, and I eventually bought larger tanks. Right now, I have two oscars and a firemouth in a 90 GL tank.

I also have a zoo. I have two yellow labs and two turtles in a 55 GL tank, along with the fishes. All these mouths to feed!
37.gif

I hate to see Bettas in the cups. Sometimes I even spot dead ones floating and it just makes me so sad. I miss having them. I always felt like I saved them from certain death when I brought one home.

We brought home a mutt from the pound this past Monday, and she''s become the princess of the house. She''s more spoiled than the hamsters, which is hard to imagine for me! We think she''s a German Shepherd/Chow mix, but she could be part coyote too--she certainly looks like one--only with a sweeter face. Then I have Kahn--a male Roborovski dwarf hamster, Munchie, a senior female Campbell''s dwarf hamster(she''s outliving her life span), and two large red eared slider turtles that FI takes care of. I want more hamsters, but the dog kind of prevents that from happening...I love animals. And you''re right--they are SOOOOO worth it.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 10:53:03 PM

Date: 2/15/2009 8:14:05 PM

37.gif

I hate to see Bettas in the cups. Sometimes I even spot dead ones floating and it just makes me so sad. I miss having them. I always felt like I saved them from certain death when I brought one home.

We brought home a mutt from the pound this past Monday, and she''s become the princess of the house. She''s more spoiled than the hamsters, which is hard to imagine for me! We think she''s a German Shepherd/Chow mix, but she could be part coyote too--she certainly looks like one--only with a sweeter face. Then I have Kahn--a male Roborovski dwarf hamster, Munchie, a senior female Campbell''s dwarf hamster(she''s outliving her life span), and two large red eared slider turtles that FI takes care of. I want more hamsters, but the dog kind of prevents that from happening...I love animals. And you''re right--they are SOOOOO worth it.
LOL..that one cracked me up. Congrats on bringing home your new fur baby, and saving an animal! What is her name? How old is she? Kahn and Munchie...I love it! I can imagine them munching on carrots and lettuce. I have a pink-bellied guinea snapper. Her name is Big Turtle. She was already a year old when I took her home from the pet shop. And I have a yellow-eared silder named Little Turtle. He was the size of golfball when I bought him. They are always hungry!

What do you feed your turtles? Do they stretch their legs out completely when they''re basking? They look so funny!
3.gif

Gosh, we have all these pets and we don''t have any children yet. Sometimes I wonder what we are going to do if we brought a human baby home.
39.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 11:33:53 PM
LOL..that one cracked me up. Congrats on bringing home your new fur baby, and saving an animal! What is her name? How old is she? Kahn and Munchie...I love it! I can imagine them munching on carrots and lettuce. I have a pink-bellied guinea snapper. Her name is Big Turtle. She was already a year old when I took her home from the pet shop. And I have a yellow-eared silder named Little Turtle. He was the size of golfball when I bought him. They are always hungry!

What do you feed your turtles? Do they stretch their legs out completely when they're basking? They look so funny!
3.gif

Gosh, we have all these pets and we don't have any children yet. Sometimes I wonder what we are going to do if we brought a human baby home.
39.gif
Lol! She's 2 years old, her name is Brie and she's a cuddlebug. Seriously, I think she thinks she weighs about 10 pounds and is a Chihuahua (she weighs closer to 40, and needs to be around 48lbs) because she will climb into your lap, and take over from there.

Kahn and Munchie are characters. Kahn LOVES cat food (the irony is not lost on us) and Munchie love strawberries and red bell peppers. They are too adorable. Especially Kahn though--he sleeps outside in the open and it's so cute when he sleeps...

As for the turtles, the really big one(Picky)--his shell is about a foot long, and the other one (Tiny) is about 9 inches. FI saved them from a 4 year old when they were about the size of a silver dollar. They eat mostly crickets, but some aqua turtle food pellets, boiled chicken, mealworms, and any bugs that are stupid enough to get into their tank. They do stretch their legs out when they are basking, and then have a tendency to climb on top of each other while basking too. So we'll go in there and there will be a two turtle tower peering back at us. They are kind of scary sometimes.

I think Brie would boycott a baby if we brought one home. Either that or try to drag it to her crate and clean it like she does with every stuffed animal she's gotten her mitts on...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Photography
HTML
Photoshop
Paper stars!
2.gif

I''m not fully fluent in any of these, thought I do consider myself knowledgeable.

I love all this talk about animals! Freke, I want one of those dwarf hamsters SO BAD. Every time I do to petland I spend time cuddling one. They are so tiny!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 1:08:24 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Medical knowledge. Not by choice. But have a knack for absorbing it.

DITTO!!! I was an English major, but I secretly wanted to be premed. Unfortunately, while I''m good in the biological sciences, I''m not so good in chemistry and physics. If I was a doctor, I''d be a diagnostician. I LOVE medical mysteries!!

I''m also pretty knowledgeable in European History, Archaeology, Egyptology, home improvement and building, cooking, theater and music, and books.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I know a little about a lot of things. I absolutely love trivia in bars (and Jeopardy) and my best catagories tend to be literature, religion (I went to a Catholic high school and, despite not being Catholic, picked up a lot of random knowledge of many religions), science, and animals. Though my knowledge of literature is only impressive to a bunch of other engineers ... compared to an English major I'm probably pathetic
3.gif

I used to know a large amount about chemistry, but I'm slowly forgetting the longer I'm out of college. Kind of sad
7.gif
I'm also forgetting engineering things quickly. I remember that I've learned the concepts and know generally what they are, but I couldn't tell you specifics anymore.

I know a lot about horses (specifically show jumping and hunt seat) and dogs and am quite obesessed with both. Actually, I know a lot about animals in general due to a long standing fascination.

I know a lot about cooking and wine compared to the majority of people I know, but I've only just scratched the surface compared to real experts.

I honestly don't know that much about jewelry! Just enough to be dangerous
2.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 1:32:19 AM

Date: 2/15/2009 11:33:53 PM

What do you feed your turtles? Do they stretch their legs out completely when they're basking? They look so funny!
3.gif

Gosh, we have all these pets and we don't have any children yet. Sometimes I wonder what we are going to do if we brought a human baby home.
39.gif
Lol! She's 2 years old, her name is Brie and she's a cuddlebug. Seriously, I think she thinks she weighs about 10 pounds and is a Chihuahua (she weighs closer to 40, and needs to be around 48lbs) because she will climb into your lap, and take over from there.

Kahn and Munchie are characters. Kahn LOVES cat food (the irony is not lost on us) and Munchie love strawberries and red bell peppers. They are too adorable. Especially Kahn though--he sleeps outside in the open and it's so cute when he sleeps...

As for the turtles, the really big one(Picky)--his shell is about a foot long, and the other one (Tiny) is about 9 inches. FI saved them from a 4 year old when they were about the size of a silver dollar. They eat mostly crickets, but some aqua turtle food pellets, boiled chicken, mealworms, and any bugs that are stupid enough to get into their tank. They do stretch their legs out when they are basking, and then have a tendency to climb on top of each other while basking too. So we'll go in there and there will be a two turtle tower peering back at us. They are kind of scary sometimes.

I think Brie would boycott a baby if we brought one home. Either that or try to drag it to her crate and clean it like she does with every stuffed animal she's gotten her mitts on...
LOL! Freke, your post made me laugh. Right now, mine eat turtle pellets and dried shrimp. I will try to add the foods that you mentioned when they get a little bigger. Chico and Nunu (my Labs) both weigh 74 pounds, and they also think they're 10 pound lap dogs. Chico is soooo hyper that we had to get Nunu just to help calm him down. He was also very jealous when we first brought Nunu home, but now they adore each other. Gosh, he drove us crazy all by himself! We had to take him to the dog park almost every day!

Your turtles are HUGE!!! Do you keep them in a large aquarium or they they have outdoor pens? My turtles haven't piled on top of each other yet, but I'll be watching for it!
3.gif

Brie is not hyper, is she? I can already imagine our dogs sniffing and licking the new baby when they see it. And trying to figure out why it's crying so much! Hehee...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Horses. I know more than pretty much anyone I know about horses. I am a certified equine massage therapist, teach lessons, and know bloodlines. I know great in depth details about arabian bloodlines, but also follow quarter horse and thoroughbred bloodlines as well.
Computers to an extent
Books. I love to read, and I worked at a bookstore for over two years. I dream of being a librarian but alas they don''t make much money.
Animals in general. I know a LOT about animals. My major is animal sciences, I love most animals.
health. Mainly natural healing, and diet/nutrition.
Lightning because it terrifies me.
getting stains out of clothes
photography
Grammar and spelling.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Composites (getting a PhD with that as my focus)
Um...

Not much else.

Thats sad.

TV shows? I''m with Bee* on the SATC. I''ve been watching Lost for years though and I still don''t pick up on as much as I should.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Cooking is a big one for me. Love making both simple and crazy dishes.
I''m just about finished with my masters in social work, and my emphasis is in treating eating disorders.
5.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 12:51:14 PM
Author: Clairitek
Composites (getting a PhD with that as my focus)
Um...

Not much else.

Thats sad.

TV shows? I''m with Bee* on the SATC. I''ve been watching Lost for years though and I still don''t pick up on as much as I should.
Add me to the list of SATC fans. There is not one episode that I have not seen. From the pilot to the series finale. I even watch season reruns on HBO On Demand! The same for Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond. I know every episode off the top of my head.

I know, it''s sad.
5.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Dancing Fire it took me so long to get back to you,,, but the car is auto, and has alittle over 60,000 miles on it. My Husbands Dad was the first owner, and I hate to have to say it, but all the way down to the nasty green color is original.

I seen you have had a couple of 70 camaro Z28''s. I always wanted a 69 super sport but could never find one in good enough condition to restore. But I got that from my Dad and his love of chevy. Since I''ve been with my Husband I have really feel more and more in love with Dodge and Plymouth products. I''ll make sure to post some pictures of my Husbands GTX as soon as they finish the new paint job on it this summer. She really needed a good fresh up, she has set since my Father In Law was 18 years old. Then he decided to give it to my Husband and that was that. He for sure wasn''t going to let it set for long. He had tuned and worked on the hemi motor for the past 8 months or so just trying to get everything back in good running order. We are super excited about it getting back in peak condition.

Thanks for asking about the GTX!!!
35.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I''m a teacher and I teach computer classes as well as an introduction to business class(middle school) so I''d like to say I have knowledge in those areas along with classroom management. I''m also a volleyball coach so I know quite a bit about volleyball. I have an infant daughter who has been sick a lot so by default I have had to research a lot on reflux, asthma, allergies, and food intollerances so I would consider myself somewhat knowledgeable in those areas as well.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 12:38:05 PM
LOL! Freke, your post made me laugh. Right now, mine eat turtle pellets and dried shrimp. I will try to add the foods that you mentioned when they get a little bigger. Chico and Nunu (my Labs) both weigh 74 pounds, and they also think they''re 10 pound lap dogs. Chico is soooo hyper that we had to get Nunu just to help calm him down. He was also very jealous when we first brought Nunu home, but now they adore each other. Gosh, he drove us crazy all by himself! We had to take him to the dog park almost every day!

Your turtles are HUGE!!! Do you keep them in a large aquarium or they they have outdoor pens? My turtles haven''t piled on top of each other yet, but I''ll be watching for it!
3.gif

Brie is not hyper, is she? I can already imagine our dogs sniffing and licking the new baby when they see it. And trying to figure out why it''s crying so much! Hehee...
Brie can certainly get hyper! She''s pretty laid back though. Right now she''s passed out on the other side of the couch snoring her head off.

The turtles spend most of their time in a large tank in the other room. Last summer we bought them a big clear plastic bin that we''ll put them in when it''s hot outside and they can enjoy themselves on our patio and bask all they want! If we had a bigger place, we''d probably try to arrange for them to live in a pond or something similar outside. They are giant though. And scary looking.

I posted a few pics of Brie in my Who''s Who thread if you want to check them out!

MonkeyPie You should get a dwarfie!!! They are so much fun!!!!And not a super high maintenance pet either.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I am an almanac of useless information.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:12:35 PM
Author: tlh
And resident sexpert!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:30:21 PM
Author: elledizzy5

And resident sexpert!
Yes... that too!
emembarrassed.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 1:22:17 PM
Author: SparkleNut
Sorry Dancing Fire it took me so long to get back to you,,, but the car is auto, and has alittle over 60,000 miles on it. My Husbands Dad was the first owner, and I hate to have to say it, but all the way down to the nasty green color is original.

35.gif
my list of DREAM muscle cars.

70 Chevelle SS LS-6 454 cid
69 Camaro RS/Z28 with 4 wheel disc brake option
69 RS Camaro with ZL-1 all aluminum 427 cid engine option
69-70 Hemi Cuda or 440 6 Packs (panther pink color)
2.gif

69-70 GTO Judge
73-74 Trans Am 455 Super Duty with a 4 Speed.
Any chevy Yenko super cars.
Any Big block convertible muscle cars with lots of HP.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:36:58 PM

And resident sexpert!
Yes... that too!
emembarrassed.gif
TLH, I would not be surprised if you were a Scorpio. You sure have the characteristics.
11.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Physical Therapy and Experimental Physics! (my 2 degrees...the eternal student, what will I study next?!? Watch this space...)
Basic electronics is a bit of a hobby. Building basic circuits for funsies, like a clapper light and a message board of the back of my car that says "get off my @$$ when someone gets to close. Other things are more hobbies than actual knowledgeable topics I guess...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:50:43 PM

And resident sexpert!
Yes... that too!
emembarrassed.gif
TLH, I would not be surprised if you were a Scorpio. You sure have the characteristics.
11.gif
Interesting... LIBRA... born a month late... so I should be a Virgo... but I am at the cusp between Libra and Scorpio... astrology is sooo fun.
36.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:13:23 PM

Date: 2/16/2009 2:50:43 PM

And resident sexpert!
Yes... that too!
emembarrassed.gif
11.gif
Interesting... LIBRA... born a month late... so I should be a Virgo... but I am at the cusp between Libra and Scorpio... astrology is sooo fun.
36.gif
I knew it! It takes one to recognize one.
3.gif
With Libra''s love for talk (can be a bit of a tease) and Scorpio''s fascination for sex, you are dangerous! You''re right, astrology is so fun! You''d be surprised how a lot of people fit the characteristics.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:28:39 PM

36.gif
3.gif
With Libra's love for talk (can be a bit of a tease) and Scorpio's fascination for sex, you are dangerous! You're right, astrology is so fun! You'd be surprised how a lot of people fit the characteristics.
I LOVE YOUR TAG LINE... I just told my DH and he clapped his hands!
36.gif
My Dh is an aquarious... he totally balances me out.
9.gif

ETA: Yes, I can be a big tease!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:40:41 PM

Date: 2/16/2009 3:28:39 PM

36.gif
3.gif
With Libra''s love for talk (can be a bit of a tease) and Scorpio''s fascination for sex, you are dangerous! You''re right, astrology is so fun! You''d be surprised how a lot of people fit the characteristics.
I LOVE YOUR TAG LINE... I just told my DH and he clapped his hands!
36.gif
My Dh is an aquarious... he totally balances me out.
9.gif

ETA: Yes, I can be a big tease!
Thank you! You mean about the peanut-butter-jelly-time, right? That''s so funny that he clapped his hands!
9.gif
I started doing the peanut-butter-jelly-dance when I read your post, and hubby started laughing. Will Ferrell was hilarious in that Elf movie!

Yes, you are definitely compatible with your Aquarius husband. Air definitely stirs up water to create waves.

Mine is a Sagitarrius. They say fire and water don''t mix, but there''s definitely steam.
11.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 287px">Date: 2/16/2009 2:46:58 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/16/2009 1:22:17 PM
Author: SparkleNut

35.gif
my list of DREAM muscle cars.

70 Chevelle SS LS-6 454 cid
69 Camaro RS/Z28 with 4 wheel disc brake option
69 RS Camaro with ZL-1 all aluminum 427 cid engine option
69-70 Hemi Cuda or 440 6 Packs (panther pink color)
2.gif

69-70 GTO Judge
73-74 Trans Am 455 Super Duty with a 4 Speed.
Any chevy Yenko super cars.
Any Big block convertible muscle cars with lots of HP.

I am so there with you on the 440 6 pack!!!! OMG!!!! that panther pink color
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and I so love the flat matte black
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It just adds ultra tuff look to the car deosn''t it! My Husband had looked and looked for a Demon, but still no luck... He had one Warlock turck and one Little Red Wagon, but sold both of them some years back, he has always said that was the worst mistake of his life! I like a GTO Judge to... RED! Bright RED!
28.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 2:00:13 PM

The turtles spend most of their time in a large tank in the other room. Last summer we bought them a big clear plastic bin that we''ll put them in when it''s hot outside and they can enjoy themselves on our patio and bask all they want! If we had a bigger place, we''d probably try to arrange for them to live in a pond or something similar outside. They are giant though. And scary looking.
turtle soup Freke.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results