shape
carat
color
clarity

Benches that offer different colors of YG for custom pieces?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

Do any of our dear vendors/benches offer a variety of different yellow gold color variations?

I currently have a diamond pendant necklace from WF in 18K yellow gold. The gold is too dark and coppery for my skin tone and taste. I want an alloy that's more bright, and less red, something closer to the color of the yg used in VCA pieces. I've asked my WF SA and she showed me their 14K gold, which is even more dark & coppery than their 18K. They have something called "royal gold" too but we think it is even less bright than their regular 18K alloy. So, since they can't help me with this request, I'd like to send my diamond to a different bench and have a custom setting created for it.

Suggestions please! I like sleek, clean lines, possibly a bezel, no frills or flourishes.

(And yes I know I'm a very naughty PSer -- I've bought many new pieces this year and haven't don't a SMTB for any of them!)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

Do any of our dear vendors/benches offer a variety of different yellow gold color variations?

I currently have a diamond pendant necklace from WF in 18K yellow gold. The gold is too dark and coppery for my skin tone and taste. I want an alloy that's more bright, and less red, something closer to the color of the yg used in VCA pieces. I've asked my WF SA and she showed me their 14K gold, which is even more dark & coppery than their 18K. They have something called "royal gold" too but we think it is even less bright than their regular 18K alloy. So, since they can't help me with this request, I'd like to send my diamond to a different bench and have a custom setting created for it.

Suggestions please! I like sleek, clean lines, possibly a bezel, no frills or flourishes.

(And yes I know I'm a very naughty PSer -- I've bought many new pieces this year and haven't don't a SMTB for any of them!)

Yes you have been naughty! We haven’t even seen your bracelet- you need to get cracking!

DK has a gold called “antique yellow gold” in which he does something different- idk what - to give it a richer yellow look. But I don’t know if he does other golds. Sorry I can’t be more helpful!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

Maybe Singlestone? Idk what they would offer for what types of pieces, but they have both 18k and 22k listed here, and also “champagne gold.”

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Lookinagain. I'm looking for less muted. The one you posted looks lovely and bright (which is what I'm looking for). Thanks

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lookinagain. I'm looking for less muted. The one you posted looks lovely and bright (which is what I'm looking for). Thanks

I am posting a photo of my ring on my hand, but if our skin colors aren't similar it may not help. But here it is. Also, these are warm stones, M color, so that would impact it, I think.
IMG_3884.jpg

sunshineandlemons

Shiny_Rock
This is DK's antique 14k yellow. It isn't that muted, if that's what you are asking for. But it is definitely more muted than 18k yellow and probably regular 14k.
cropped avc.jpg

@Lookinagain - your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! Sorry for the threadjack, but can you please give us the stats on the stones in your ring? The proportions are perfect -thank you!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain - your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! Sorry for the threadjack, but can you please give us the stats on the stones in your ring? The proportions are perfect -thank you!

Thank you. The center is an M, SI 1, 1.11 cts. size is 6.5 x 5.99 mm. The sides are .25 each, M color. Sorry but right now I can't get to any more info on the sides.

sunshineandlemons

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. The center is an M, SI 1, 1.11 cts. size is 6.5 x 5.99 mm. The sides are .25 each, M color. Sorry but right now I can't get to any more info on the sides.

perfect - thanks so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results