shape
carat
color
clarity

beloved moms eternity band ring. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tala

Rough_Rock
hello! i am new but believe me there have been late nights of just reading and enjoying all your jewelry.

i have a question and hopefully somebody here can shed some light to it.

my mom passed away five years ago to breast cancer. my dad gave me her everyday lucky eternity band. problem is it''s not my size. i''ve been wearing it on my necklace but would really like to wear it as a ring like how she wore it when she was alive. i know that eternity bands cannot be resized ( my wedding ring is an eternity band). i would hate to have it reset totally because i feel that it would lose its integrity and meaning somehow.

is it possible to cut it in half and make two half eternitys with it? is it possible to just keep the original half part on top and put a bottom shank without messing it up? please i hope you guys can help me out. thanks.
33.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Is it too big or too small? And by how much?

tala

Rough_Rock
i am a size 7 - 71/2. my moms ring is probably a 5 1/2 - 6. i was thinking of having it done in a size 8 so i can wear it on my right hand.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Darn, I was hoping if it were too small that it would be within a half of size so shaving it out would be an option. It sounds like if you want to wear it, you''ll have to add diamonds and probably have it reset. Is it yellow or white gold? If so, they could melt down the same gold for the reset...I think?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It IS possible but you have to find the right person to do it for you and obviously they''d have to add on diamonds for you to make up the difference unless you wanted it to be a partial eternity, which is also very nice. I understand what you''re saying about re setting it but isn''t it worth re setting if it means you can finally wear it on your finger? If you show some photos of it so we can see what it looks like close up, and also tell us where you live, we can perhaps give you some referrals to places that would be able to do that job for you...

tala

Rough_Rock
i live in houston. i would''nt mind turning it into a half eternity band. i will try to post a picture tom. still have to learn since i''m new here.

it is set in 18k gold with 21 .10 pointersall around, 3mm. Is it possible to turn it into a half band? i really would like to keep the original band withour having to melt

it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results