shape
carat
color
clarity

Bella''s sparkly baubles:-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I just posted the worlds most photo heavy thread of my new WF dangly bezel leverback earrings, michael b inspired wedding band, and sapphire ering on SMTR, but I got a few shots of my blue topaz earrings and pendant and my champagne and cognac diamond cross so I thought I'd post them here.

The blue topaz pendant and earrings were a present from my grandparents. My Nana picked them up in a jewelry store when they were on vacation in St. Croix.

bellasbluetopaz54.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it was on a thin chain when they gave it to me, but got the thick white gold chain in the jewelry building in Boston b/c I thought it fit the style better.

the earrings are just on posts, but they are quite comfortable.

bellasblue topaz51.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
ear shots

bellasbluetopaz52.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
last earshot

bellasbluetopaz53.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
my DHs(then BF) family gave me this cross when I graduated with my masters degree a few years ago. It was a generous and very unexpected gift. DH said he didn''t even get a present from his family when he graduated:)

I love it but don''t wear it that often. I really should wear it more b/c I think it''s really pretty!

bellascross47.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love the chain. It''s really delicate and sparkly

bellascross48.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
neck shot

bellascross50.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
sneak peek of my sapphire ering (since it''s a colored stone and all
2.gif
)

the stats are in the other thread but it''s a natural unheated sapphire from the natural sapphire company.

sneakpeakbellasdiamonds01.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your topaz looks very nice especially on YOUR neck although in general it is not my favorite stone. The cross is STUNNING - I''d wear it often if I were you. Something you want to hang on dark amber rosary beads. The ring is wonderful - would you like telling me more about the sapphire? I mean, the size and the origin?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks crasru.

The sapphire is from the Natural Sapphire Company, it's just under a carat, mixed radiant cut, natural and unheated. it don't have the papers with me, they are somewhere in the living room and I am too lazy to find them
20.gif
My DH picked out the sapphire and designed the ring himself. He did a great job.

I posted about a million pics of the ring on SMTR just now so you can see it in a lot of light, all indoors though b/c it's cold and kind of breezy today so I didn't venture outside for a photoshoot.

in full sun it lights up into electric blue, indoors it is more a dark royal/almost navy blue with little flashes of electric blue.

NSC said it's VVS but there is a little white spec of light in the middle of the table but deep in the stone. it's really tiny, and I don't think it's an inclusion, but I'm not sure what it is...a strange fact reflection, reflection from the sidestone...I have no idea. I can't see it under the loupe, only in person.

My camera skills aren't that great yet so I couldn't capture it. If I get better later I'll post a pic of my stone's sparkly freckle. Other than that it is completely clean to the eye and under a loupe.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful! Love the bezel pendant
30.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 4:17:18 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
Thanks crasru.

The sapphire is from the Natural Sapphire Company, it''s just under a carat, mixed radiant cut, natural and unheated. it don''t have the papers with me, they are somewhere in the living room and I am too lazy to find them
20.gif
My DH picked out the sapphire and designed the ring himself. He did a great job.

I posted about a million pics of the ring on SMTR just now so you can see it in a lot of light, all indoors though b/c it''s cold and kind of breezy today so I didn''t venture outside for a photoshoot.

in full sun it lights up into electric blue, indoors it is more a dark royal/almost navy blue with little flashes of electric blue.

NSC said it''s VVS but there is a little white spec of light in the middle of the table but deep in the stone. it''s really tiny, and I don''t think it''s an inclusion, but I''m not sure what it is...a strange fact reflection, reflection from the sidestone...I have no idea. I can''t see it under the loupe, only in person.

My camera skills aren''t that great yet so I couldn''t capture it. If I get better later I''ll post a pic of my stone''s sparkly freckle. Other than that it is completely clean to the eye and under a loupe.
I''d forget about the inclusion, the color is so nice...Maybe it is an octahedral crystal, I''d welcome such an inclusion

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that topaz color.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
NICE topaz! The pendant looks good on the thick chain, it's a real statement piece and very elegant.

What a lovely gift to have from your DH's family, they must think very highly of you. I've seen so many in-law nightmare stories on PS, so it's good to see!

Oh, and there's that sapphire again. Love it!
1.gif

I'm having a pretty dull Saturday evening, while DH does some work, so thanks for the pics!

Jen

edited for dreadful spelling
23.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all beautiful.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) Glad to be of service Mrs. M
2.gif

I''m doing homework intermittently, then I need to work out and do some laundry. DH is playing with his new TV (his big splurge item for getting his new job
36.gif
) and then I think he''s going to make beans and rice. YUM!

DHs family is so great. We come from such different backgrounds, he''s from a black family in Louisiana and his parents are the same age as my grandparents, so they lived through a lot of the civil rights movement in the US. I''m from a white family in rural Pennsylvania where my dad is a college professor, but somehow everyone gets along and we both have really good relationships with the other''s family. We''re both very thankful for that!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Your families sound very interesting, Bella. My family and DH''s were from very different backgrounds too. They only met a few times, but got along fine. My father is almost totally deaf and DH''s mother was losing her hearing laterly (she passed away a couple of years ago). They used to sit together, chatting for hours, but when we listened in, they were having two entirely independent conversations!
3.gif

Oh, and now I want beans and rice as well as an unheated blue sapphire. Thanks! LOL.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, nothing about stones, but during the last Halloween, we were trick-a-treating in our predominantly white affluent neighborhood, and everyone was telling my kid, "take only two candies". And then we came to this smaller house, with quite an old black lady, and she brought out a whole tray of home baked goodies, and smiled at my child, and said, "take as many as you like". Must be like your husband''s family. So few things, but willing to share.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) It''s not really a financial thing, his family just isn''t always the most demonstrative in the gifts department but they are just very loving and I feel blessed to be loved by them. The pretty necklace is just the icing on the cake!

Oh, and DH just corrected me:) he did get a graduation gift. a six pack of underwear and socks which his mom wrapped and he opened (despite her telling him to wait) at the restaurant for his graduation lunch.
3.gif
(I wish I had a little laughing icon right now...)

that is totally something my mom would do/has done, so maybe that''s why we work so well
2.gif
there are are some strangely striking similarities between us and our families
3.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! The cross looks amazing on you! You should definitely wear it more :). I love your ering too, he did a great job!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
You have some beautiful pieces!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 10:06:44 AM
Author: ma re
You have some beautiful pieces!
Ditto from me. I especially like your cross. You might like to post your cross in the "cross" thread in the jewellery thread.

I too have been very fortunate to have not one, but two sets of fantastic in-laws and I agree with Jen, it is so nice to hear stories like this.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Agreed, they are all beautiful, thanks for posting
30.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
thanks so much Burberry, Ma Re, Gailey, and Rachel! I will wear these pieces more this spring:) that''s my new new year''s resolution:)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella,
Nice cutting and blue colour on the topaz but the cross is really the eye catching one. The size and design really stand out. And congrats on the sapphire e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results