shape
carat
color
clarity

beginner e-ring setting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

youjane1

Rough_Rock
I''ve begun looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend of 10 years (we''ve been dating since we were 15!), and I really like the Vatche x-prong channel setting on WF.

I''m looking at a round cut center stone of slightly over 1 carat, like 1.04 or so. My question is the settings are broken down by .25 carat increments, so if I get a 1.04 carat stone do I have to get the 1.25 setting? Will it look stupid? Should I be shooting for something just under the max. size? Hopefully this makes sense, I''d appreciate any advice...I''m so glad I found this site!

Also, if anyone happens to have this ring, I''d love to see pics (or a link to a thread with pics!)

Thanks!
Andy

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi Andy...

I don''t have time now to look at the setting at the WF site....but I just bought my diamond and am having the setting custome madeby WF...I am posting to tell you that they are fabulous and will be very helpful to you. If something will not look right, they will tell you. They do NOT push anything on you...no matter the cost...they will be very honest with you. I am dealing with Denise and she is top notch!!! A++++

Hope this helps...
Annette

youjane1

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of the ring I''m looking at...I emailed Whiteflash with some questions but I was hoping for quicker answers here! It''s so much more exciting when you think you know what you want!

gi_DV-534_f.jpg

I also have to figure out a way to get her ring size, because this is a surprise and she never wears rings!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can get a 1.04 put into a 1 ct setting without a huge problem. In fact if that''s the setting you want and it''s a stock setting I HIGHLY recommend you go with that. Custom is not quick.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I do not believe that WF is going to carry the dvatche settings anymore. I am surprised they are still on the web site.
33.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think WF is selling what they have left but will no longer be carrying the line.

i also agree with ame. if you''re getting a 1.04 round i would get the setting for the 1.0. it should be fine and i like the prongs to have a slighter fuller/rounder look.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 10:01:24 AM
Author: ame

In fact if that''s the setting you want and it''s a stock setting I HIGHLY recommend you go with that. Custom is not quick.
I think it''s important to define quick here; quick really depends on when a guy gets off his behind and decides he has to have a ring
2.gif
and how far out that is from his planned date.

As a rough guideline, I''ve done 3 custom jobs now, and the time frame on all three was 10 days from start to shipment.....(at least with Whiteflash; with others it may be shorter/longer).

That time frame can grow a bit more like 15 days or so, I''d guess, during the busy season from November through February.

youjane1

Rough_Rock
Time isn''t really a factor for me, I still have a lot of saving to do!! I''m probably looking at early next year honestly.

So if WF discontinues that line I can still get the setting through a retail store that carries Vatche products right? It looks like there is one only about an hour away from me. Do you recommend still getting the center stone from WF?

Also this is a really dumb question but the small stones set in the channel are included with the setting right?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, the small channel set stones would be included in the setting price.
you could very easily purchase the setting somewhere else and still get your stone from WF.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
before I got my ring from Tiffany''s- I was looking at the Vatche rings- called up Soloman Bros. to ask the same question and they said it all depends on each individual diamonds'' measurements. They recommended to send the diamond to them, and they will size it to the correct Vatche size.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results