shape
carat
color
clarity

Bedat watch, help me decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have gone without a watch far too long! I have been looking for a while and nothing jumped at me until I came across the Bedat No 3 Concept style (I originally saw it in black on Signed Pieces, it is still there). It has been out for at least a year, but it speaks to me. Though I would love a bling on this watch, it is just not in the budget, but I need to decide on a watch face, either black or silver. I plan to use this as a "universal" watch, meaning I want to be able to dress it up a bit for a business casual work envrionment and of course for more casual weekend wear.

http://www.bernardwatch.com/item/BED31
http://www.bernardwatch.com/item/BED33

From the pictures, this watch seems very solid. I have never owned a Bedat, but have read good things on other sites, including this one. If any of you have owned one, please share your experience as well.

Thanks!

Elise

Rough_Rock
bedat is a reputable watch brand but the models you attached links to do not seem typically bedat. for what i mean, u might want to take a look at http://www.bedat.com/. this may pose problems if you are looking to sell the watch later on (hopefully for an upgrade!)

how about taking a look at cartier or jaeger le coultre? i own several of these watches and i find them to be elegant and suitable for all occasions. you can''t go wrong with a cartier tank!
30.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 11:50:07 PM
Author: Elise
bedat is a reputable watch brand but the models you attached links to do not seem typically bedat. for what i mean, u might want to take a look at http://www.bedat.com/. this may pose problems if you are looking to sell the watch later on (hopefully for an upgrade!)

how about taking a look at cartier or jaeger le coultre? i own several of these watches and i find them to be elegant and suitable for all occasions. you can''t go wrong with a cartier tank!
30.gif
I appreciate your response Elise. You are correct, the watch I posted about in is not a reflection of current Bedat styles from their website, which is possibly why the watch on Signed Pieces has been available for as long as it has been (about 2-3 months). In fact, I found this watch was featured in In Style magazine in 2006, though that is not what drew me to it. Budget is a huge factor for me, so when I found this particular Bedat for $600, I thought it could be a good buy, but given what you have said, I may think twice.

Though I have heard great things about Jaeger le Coultre & the Tank watch on this site, theyt are far from my budget, which is less than $600. I can find Movado in my range, though I am not 100% excited about the style and I cannot think of any other brands at my price point, other than Citizen, Sieko, etc.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I was just going to sing the praises of Jaeger le Coultre since I''m a JLC girl, but I see you''re interested in the Bedat because of it''s reduced price. It is a great price for that watch so as long as you love it and it''s a keeper, I''d say go for it. I dont know alot about the Bedat sports line, only their lucious dress watches...Love those satin straps! Enjoy and show us wrist shots!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 12:06:55 AM
Author: surfgirl
I was just going to sing the praises of Jaeger le Coultre since I''m a JLC girl, but I see you''re interested in the Bedat because of it''s reduced price. It is a great price for that watch so as long as you love it and it''s a keeper, I''d say go for it. I dont know alot about the Bedat sports line, only their lucious dress watches...Love those satin straps! Enjoy and show us wrist shots!
Thanks for your response, Surfgirl! JLC''s are beautiful watches and one day, I would love to own one! I am drawn to this Bedat, because it is budget friendly, has a fun style and the company has a solid reputation. I am still thinking it over however & I cannot decide whether I prefer the black, silver or white dial better.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Re: the dial color...think about which will be easier to read. Are you wearing it day and night? Day only? Etc...

Elise

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 4:09:58 PM
Author: omieluv

Date: 6/22/2007 11:50:07 PM

30.gif
I appreciate your response Elise. You are correct, the watch I posted about in is not a reflection of current Bedat styles from their website, which is possibly why the watch on Signed Pieces has been available for as long as it has been (about 2-3 months). In fact, I found this watch was featured in In Style magazine in 2006, though that is not what drew me to it. Budget is a huge factor for me, so when I found this particular Bedat for $600, I thought it could be a good buy, but given what you have said, I may think twice.

Though I have heard great things about Jaeger le Coultre & the Tank watch on this site, theyt are far from my budget, which is less than $600. I can find Movado in my range, though I am not 100% excited about the style and I cannot think of any other brands at my price point, other than Citizen, Sieko, etc.
$600 is a difficult price to beat. but you would also need to check how old the watch is, the condition, whether it is still under warranty, etc. thing about buying such luxury watches is the maintenance and servicing cost, which varies with the material of the watch (gold being the most expensive) and the number of complications. i just paid 10% of the purchase price i paid for a watch in servicing costs! and the watch is only 3 years old!

how about longines? i think they have some pretty watches at very reasonable prices.

i know what you mean about movado. it''s a very unique look and you either love it or not.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 1:16:52 PM
Author: surfgirl
Re: the dial color...think about which will be easier to read. Are you wearing it day and night? Day only? Etc...
Good point! I will wear it during the day and into the early evening. I have had a watch with a silver dial before & while it could be blinding during the day, it was handy as the sun started to set as I was able to use it to reflect light into the face, making the numbers easy to read. The black face with white numbers is definitely easiest to read, while I am unsure about the white, since the numbers are silver. Decisions...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 2:10:43 PM

$600 is a difficult price to beat. but you would also need to check how old the watch is, the condition, whether it is still under warranty, etc. thing about buying such luxury watches is the maintenance and servicing cost, which varies with the material of the watch (gold being the most expensive) and the number of complications. i just paid 10% of the purchase price i paid for a watch in servicing costs! and the watch is only 3 years old!

how about longines? i think they have some pretty watches at very reasonable prices.

i know what you mean about movado. it''s a very unique look and you either love it or not.
I believe the Bedat is from their 2006 line and it is new and never been worn. Because the site I am looking at is not an authorized retailer (which is probably why they can offer it at the $600 price), I will not receive a mfg warranty, but the retailer does provide a 1 year warranty. You raise a good point about servicing. I checked and there is only one Bedat service center in the US, which of course is not local to me. The watch is not gold, but the cost of servicing is of concern and I will need to take that into further consideration. Per your suggestion, I will look further into Longines. Movado watches are nice, but I am not sure the design is for me, though I have friends who have them and they seem to enjoy them.

Thanks for your suggestions!! I will let you know if any Longiness fit my budget...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 2:10:43 PM

I looked into Longines and really like the dolce vita, of course with diamonds, but it far exceeds my budge. Somehow, I found that Citizen makes 2 watches that look similar to a dolce vita model I saw. To my surprise, they both contain diamond accents and have synthetic sapphire watch crystals. I do realize they lack some of the elegance of the dolce vita and will lack some of the finer details that come with a fine watch. Let me know what you think...

This one has what they call a sporty watch band + a white mother of pearl face:
http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/EG3050-56D.asp

This one has a more classic watch band with a white face:
http://www.ewatches.com/Citizen/EG3020-57A.html

I will be wearing this watch in a business casual work environment, wearing suits when required, but not often. Though, I am still considering that crazy Bedat, maybe I will end up buying both (though not at the same time).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results