shape
carat
color
clarity

Because people are threatening to beat me on the head with a ice cream scoop...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you finally got your ring. It is unique and very pretty!
2.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you finally received your ring. It is unique and very pretty!
2.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*Whew*, so glad you got your ring Freke! That blue is just incredible!!!!!!
30.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is beautiful, love the teal colour.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love silver tension set. They are usually one of a kind, since they must be forged, not cast, in order to harden the metal enough for it to put enough pressure to hold the stone.

I''ve set all sorts of stones in tension (all in the less expensive side of the spectra, as I wouldn''t risk a really fine stone!) and I''ve never had any of them crack. But the moment when you release the pliers and the ring closes on a stone is always very tense (if you will forgive the bad pun). My favourites are tourmalines, but I''ve also done garnets, citrines and a very flawed diamond.

I really like the hammered finished on your ring, Freke. I always see tension setting done in a very polished, sleek, industrial style. The hammering really makes a difference.

This is one of my favourite tourmalines. It is a lighter, blueish green. Forgive the dirt, please. It''s been on my finger for a week and hasn''t been cleaned.

Picture 004 (WinCE).jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One more picture - a side view. It sits really low - the stone barely clears my finger.

Forgive the quality of the pictures. I just shot them, resized them and posted.

Picture 007 (WinCE).jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LS, misspinky, Fly Girl, Catmom, EBree, loriken, LTP, gecko, pjean, Upgradable, miracles, selkie, icekid, Jelly, Linda, Skippy, Kaleigh, Love In Bloom, DandiAndi and Pyramid Thank you all so much for all of your kind words. You guys have great taste, so I''m glad you all checked it out and approved.

That''s an awesome ring Lady Disdain! Very beautiful! I didn''t realize that silver would have to be forged, but it makes sense to me! I can imagine letting go of the pliers would be pretty scary. I love the tension settings, I think they are so cool--just the concept is pretty nifty. Thanks for sharing your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results