shape
carat
color
clarity

Because it seems uncommon! Here''s my marquise...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

danacara

Rough_Rock
Thought I''d post a little shot of my shiny new marquise as I die of engagement happiness over here. :) I learned a lot by lurking at this very fabulous site before we chose this ring.
It''s an E, VS2, 1.13 carats, with the setting spanned by 21 G, VS2, 0.07 carat rounds.
I know marquise was big in the 70s ... my mother had one. I feel like I so rarely see them, and maybe for that reason, I think it''s caught a lot of eyes as I''ve worn it so far. I also think we got an AMAZING deal at a very reputable Philadelphia jeweler. He let me describe exactly what I wanted, and then mixed and matched until we found it. My next ring purchase will probably be online, though, now that I feel like I have a more solid understanding of diamond buying.
Have a great night!

Ring_Closeup_V2_121005.jpg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
i''m not normally a big marquise fan but something about the ring speaks to me. It''s beautiful! I''ll bet you will get lots of compliments. Enjoy your ring!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Danacara!

It''s just lovely!!!
30.gif

widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice danacara. do you have more pics?
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous ring!!
30.gif

How about some more pics???

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
I have never been a fan of marquise (there is a but coming), infact when my husband and I went searching I specified we were open to other shapes, but NO marquise. Your ring makes me second guess everything I thought about marquise!! It is STUNNING! It is nice to hear that you had such a pleasant buying experiece as well, that can make a world of difference. Do you have the measurments? I am having trouble picturing how bug a 1.13ct marquise is. I know they look big, and that is a plus, huh?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Holy, crap.. how small are your fingers? I have a .90ct marquise with pretty good spread, and wear a 3.25... but yours look HUGE!!!!

Congrats! your ring looks beautiful!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s looks gorgeous and i love the setting. very nice...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty, love the setting.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I had lunch today with a woman who had a beautiful marquise ring with baugette side stones. It had a similar look to your ring, and was just beautiful. Some rings are beautiful and trendy, some are beautiful and timeless. IMO... this is a timeless look. Congratulations, and enjoy!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Zowie!

May you wear that beauty through many, many years of health and happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results