shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Truly Is in The Eyes Of The Beholder

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all just wanted to share and please give honest opinions, certainly won't get offended if I get negative remarks. I really, really wanted this ring(first pic 5 stonoe oec diamond and saphires). But not in the cards for right now, maybe in a very distant future. Sooooooo I settled for this one (second pic) I fell in love with the setting the stones could be plastic for all I care it's the setting that just took my breath away. What do you guys think of it? Please be honest seriously. My son's reaction was mom, really, you usually have great taste and I agree with you, this, this is poo lol. So see I can take critisism, oh and does anyone elese see what I'm seeing or is it just me!

e5217-300x225.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKjcE5mHoELCqBOje0KzTIw~~60_12.jpg

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Really? No one has a n opinion? Come on people let me hear it.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I own rings that other people think are ugly. What matters is that I like them. If you like the ring, it doesn't matter what your son or anyone else thinks of it. Wear it and enjoy it!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tanzi, that's what I normally do lol, I was just wondering the ugliness people see son can't explain says just is. To be honest I can't see any the more I look at the pic the more I can't wait for it to get here. Hubby is on board with son says wait that it gets here bet you won't wear it cause it's fugly lol . We'll see I guess.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I like it! The photo is dark but I bet once you get it home it will be pretty! I swear I'm about ready to take that dark photo into Photosop and brighten it up for you-- I think it's masking the ring's beauty. :)

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
lol thanks sparkles no need for the photoshop, I see the beauty in it. I see it as sweet, romantic almost mystic if that makes any sense, don't know just makes me smile when I see it. I also informed hubby and kids this is all I want as my birthday/christmas present and they've replied I'm mad lol. Who knows maybe I am lol.

Aven

Rough_Rock
I think that older rings have such charm and a feeling of romantic history no matter what they look like, each one has a sweetness to it that makes them special, this one is no different. I like it! And if you love then wear it with pride :))

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Aven I will!

Hazey

Rough_Rock
I'll be honest, I don't like it. It's chunky and I think it would not look good on slim fingers, although someone with larger fingers might be able to pull it off. I know I couldn't. But if you love it, that's what's important.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The two rings are really different, I like the first one but if you love the second one too then get it.

....but if it were for me I woudn't want it because,..... its too chunky, too old fashioned, I wouldn't like the way all the metal on around the stones would get filled with grim and i think the stones are too dark.

you could always save up for the setting in picture 1? or get a replica it made up with sapphires and zircons if its the design you like?

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Hazey and Chel thanh you so much for your honest opinions, I really appriciate it when people are not affraid to say what they want. You both mentioned it's too chunky, my initial reaction was really chunky? Taking a closer look I could see what you are seeing, also guess it doesn't look too chunky to me because I do have chunky fingers 71/2 lol. Chel you brought up a great point all the grime that could get in there oh yuck! never even thought about that, now this ring looks really old I'm guessing around at leat 100 so there's 100 years of grime in there oh my! I guess I'll have to give it a bath every night to make sure she stays clean thanks chel. On the same note does anyone know how to clean rings with saphires is it the same as with diamonds? I just let mine soak in some hot water and dish soap this one will need more of a deep cleaning. Keep your opinions coming please, I really do appriciate it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results