shape
carat
color
clarity

BB&B vs BN...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jdsshady

Rough_Rock
i looked at a 2 carat h color, vs1 princess set in platinum at baily, banks and biddle the other day and i was quoted $22,000 which was the "sale price" (24k retail)

comp rings on bluenile.com are listed at about 15-17k

bb&b had attractive financing (12mos interest free w. a 20% down payment) while blue nile is 3 mos no interest no payments then 19.99%. i will need a full year to pay for the stone

my question is: how low do you think i can get the bbb saleswoman? am i better off purchasing at bn? are there other retailers that anyone here can recommend where i can get good financing and a good deal?

thanks
mr paants

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
can you put it on a 0% credit card? (either a balance transfer or purchase) that''s my suggestion. That is a lot of interest to be paying either way.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
My 2 cents...

DON''T go into debt to buy a ring. I don''t think it''s a good idea. Life has a way of happening and disrupting even the best laid plans. Save up. You will feel a sense of accomplishment when you get to your magic number, and can finally purchase what you want and walk out owning it! Do the math on the credit card interest and you''d be amazed how much "more" you end up paying.

Like I said. Just one woman''s opinion.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with not going into debt to purchase the ring. Buy only what you can afford. There''s no way of foreseeing emergencies, and you can always upgrade a smaller ring for a bigger one when you''re in a better financial situation.

By the way, I''m not a big fan of BB&B, I would choose BN. Make sure you also compare the cuts of the diamonds, not just the clarity and color.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure you have to have a 2 carat? I agree that going into serious debt for an engagement ring is not such a hot idea. Don''t forget that there will be plenty of wedding related expenses coming up within that year.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
what about this (see link below)

It is 12K. If it is eyeclean, it could be a very good deal. I have an ideal cut J diamond, do a board search here, and you will see that they are pretty popular. Mine faces up very white, not yellow at all.

I also second not getting into debt for a ring. Weddings, honeymoons and all the fancy dinners and parties that accompany getting engaged may set you back more than you expect. You can always upgrade later.

Just my 2 cents

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=716394

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results