shape
carat
color
clarity

Bay Area Get Together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
She was just explaining to Grandma yesterday that a 3ct ideal cut diamond with nice color and clarity would not run her 1 million dollars, only about $25-30K! And thinks she should get one!
emotion-5.gif

MrsDJ....this is truly scary!! LOL....think of her poor future fiance!

Cym...thanks for emailing your pics! They''re uploading now. I have a couple of cute ones too. I thought I was the only one goofy about no pics of me...are there others?

BTW....stupid computer question here...Cym...if I reply to your ''mass mailing'' with a couple attachments, will my reply go only to you, or everyone else as well?

widget

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2006 7:36:09 AM
Author: MissGotRocks

Too bad we can''t have an annual convention somewhere in the middle of the country to attend every year! If you knew about it early on, you could book plane fare and hotel rooms and have a two day DiamondFest! Wouldn''t that be sweet?
the first annual convention will be held at the Fairmont Hotel in S.F. all expenses paid by Leonid and Irina
31.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!

We have the same experience here when we get together.
I agree, it is a room full of awesome POWER women.

Sweet, nice, funny, and .... the word powerful comes to mind.

We are the type of gals who go after what we want and have fun doing it.

Yay for y''all!!!

35.gif
from DC area !!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 7:36:09 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
So glad you ladies had such a good time! Your comments are exactly the way I feel when we have our PS gatherings here on the East Coast. It is amazing to think about a forum of people that you don''t know come to life right before your eyes! How much fun is it to unashamedly look and try on and talk about non stop the one thing that everyone has in common? It is a wonderful kinship and you leave feeling so NORMAL - see there are people like me who are just besotted about diamonds! No where else in my life can I just go on and on about such a thing. Most people I know think I''m a nut about diamonds anyway. Yeah, so????????

Too bad we can''t have an annual convention somewhere in the middle of the country to attend every year! If you knew about it early on, you could book plane fare and hotel rooms and have a two day DiamondFest! Wouldn''t that be sweet?

Where in the East Coast Miss? Kaleigh and I are from outside Philly...and we are not the only ones, either!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
A bunch of us had lunch recently at Tysons Corner, outside of Wash DC.
It was fun and we plan to get together again when the Internat''l Gem Show comes to the Dulles Expo (Aug 18)
Date: 7/15/2006 7:54:26 PM
Author: diamondfan

Where in the East Coast Miss? Kaleigh and I are from outside Philly...and we are not the only ones, either!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 7:05:34 PM
Author: widget

She was just explaining to Grandma yesterday that a 3ct ideal cut diamond with nice color and clarity would not run her 1 million dollars, only about $25-30K! And thinks she should get one!
emotion-5.gif

MrsDJ....this is truly scary!! LOL....think of her poor future fiance!

Cym...thanks for emailing your pics! They''re uploading now. I have a couple of cute ones too. I thought I was the only one goofy about no pics of me...are there others?

BTW....stupid computer question here...Cym...if I reply to your ''mass mailing'' with a couple attachments, will my reply go only to you, or everyone else as well?

widget
Hi Widget hope you liked the pix! There should be two types of reply buttons Reply and Reply to All. Reply will send a response ONLY back to me (or the sender) Reply to All will send to everyone on the distribution list. Most email services I''ve seen follow a similar format. Good rule of thumb check the To: field after you hit one of the above mentioned Reply buttons, if it has multiple addresses you will know you hit Reply to All LOL feel like I''m back at work. (curriculum developer for a software company LOL) hope that helps! Off to a bbq now, hope y''all enjoyed the pix!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW is all I can say! I am jealous of all you girls living close enough to get together! What gorgeous rings..every single one! I''m going to have to save that handshot to my computer so I can gaze at it occasionally!

It was helpful for me to get to see the SC Tiffany next to the real Tiffany! Which reminds me...Carebear and Pearberry, if you are already married, could you please tell me (or better yet show me!) what kind of band you wear with your solitaire? I have a diamond eternity band and I''m hoping it might work with the SC Tiffany setting. I''d love to see more pictures of both of your rings!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oh man, I''m soooooo blinded by the bling!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post the details of the SF GTG on Hangout when it''s settled, I would LOVE to come. SF is way closer for me!
9.gif

(But, I am going to be OOT on Labor Day weekend.... )

(Here is me praying that I can make the next GTG...
12.gif
)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
*smiling from ear-to-ear*
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

SO glad you guys had such a great time! It sounds like it was a BLAST!

More photos???!!!
31.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 9:30:45 PM
Author: Mara
art nouveau''s stunning diamond earrings, those are diamond briolette''s dangling from the bottom. just amazing!!!! (i need some new adjectives!)

eta: okay i''m a dumbass, i put the picture upside down. HAH. so the briolette''s are at the top. but they should be at the bottom. ugh!

These earrings, the FRED LEIGHTON earrings, were perhaps my most favoritest thing I saw at Blingfest Palo Alto ''06.

Art Nouveau is a lucky lady to share the same earrings as Catherine Zeta Jones...
2.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 9:17:58 PM
Author: wallermama

art nouveau''s stunning diamond earrings, those are diamond briolette''s dangling from the bottom. just amazing!!!! (i need some new adjectives!)

eta: okay i''m a dumbass, i put the picture upside down. HAH. so the briolette''s are at the top. but they should be at the bottom. ugh!

These earrings, the FRED LEIGHTON earrings, were perhaps my most favoritest thing I saw at Blingfest Palo Alto ''06.

Art Nouveau is a lucky lady to share the same earrings as Catherine Zeta Jones...
2.gif

Art Nouveau, I hope you don''t mind me reposting your photo from an earlier thread! Pictures don''t touch the beauty of your earrings, but I''m sure people would like to see them...again...

fredleightonearrings2.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
Waller...weren''t they fabulous? I didn''t realize they were from FL!!
23.gif

One of my favorite things was her incredible padparadscha! YUM!
18.gif
...and YOUR heirloom antique crescent moon ring...so much more beautiful IRL

Speaking of IRL, I''m suffering from post-GTG let down...can''t figure out why. Is anybody else? Maybe it''s because I didn''t really meet more women...I loved the ladies at my end of the table...including you
1.gif
... and maybe because I feel I''ve ''blown my cover''. Online I felt more "equal" to everyone else.....now I feel more "old"! LOL..Oh, well...
20.gif

One thing that came out of this visit is that before I only disliked my mom''s asscher''s mounting...After looking at those blingbling hand shots, I HATE it!! One word from La Mara: "Maybe you should send it to Leon Mege"...and I''ve thought of nothing else since!! LOL.

Thanks everybody for inspiring me to come out and play!
widget

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 9:41:29 PM

Date: 7/16/2006 9:17:58 PM

2.gif

Art Nouveau, I hope you don''t mind me reposting your photo from an earlier thread! Pictures don''t touch the beauty of your earrings, but I''m sure people would like to see them...again...
Those earrings are just beyond description!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 9:49:00 PM

2.gif
23.gif

18.gif

Speaking of IRL, I''m suffering from post-GTG let down...can''t figure out why. Is anybody else? Maybe it''s because I didn''t really meet more women...I loved the ladies at my end of the table...including you
1.gif
... and maybe because I feel I''ve ''blown my cover''. Online I felt more ''equal'' to everyone else.....now I feel more ''old''! LOL..Oh, well...
20.gif

One thing that came out of this visit is that before I only disliked my mom''s asscher''s mounting...After looking at those blingbling hand shots, I HATE it!! One word from La Mara: ''Maybe you should send it to Leon Mege''...and I''ve thought of nothing else since!! LOL.

widget
Ladies, just got back from vacation to find this thread! What a marvelous time it sounds like you all had....and alas, I was SO close (in Vegas) and yet so far. Bummer! Sounds like a great time.

Widget....know the feeling of the "blowing the cover". I felt similarly when in Houston initially. I hope you don''t feel unequal in any way - all that one needs to be equal around here is a love of the bling - that''s really it, and you share that absolutely!
4.gif

LA Mara.....? OMG - you guys kill me.
11.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock

2.gif
23.gif

18.gif

1.gif
... and maybe because I feel I''ve ''blown my cover''. Online I felt more ''equal'' to everyone else.....now I feel more ''old''! LOL..Oh, well...
20.gif

One thing that came out of this visit is that before I only disliked my mom''s asscher''s mounting...After looking at those blingbling hand shots, I HATE it!! One word from La Mara: ''Maybe you should send it to Leon Mege''...and I''ve thought of nothing else since!! LOL.

widget

Widget, I am totally with you on the post-GTG letdown. To go from fondling baubles with like-minded people to sorting through stale crackers in my pantry today....a world apart.

I was so pleased (and not surprised) to meet so many sharp, sharp women there. It is easy to default to imagining all diamond-crazed ladies as shallow materialistic so-and-so''s, but what I met at the GTG were brains, artists, and passionate ladies. I guess there is a reason that all of you are pricescope researchers, not people happy to have any big sparkly thing on their finger no matter what it is. You are all mavens. I like that.

Widget, I''m sure everyone there came away with mixed feelings. I saw Mara lingering on Kristydarling''s Leon. I sat looking at Cymbrie''s asscher next to mine, thinking, "If I hadn''t rushed, I could have had THIS ring!". People are people, and it is hard not to second guess diamond size, settings....I''m doing it, you are doing it, we are all doing it. And yet we are all happy for what the other ladies'' have too. Mixed and lovely feelings. But I hear you.

But thanks for coming down off of your mountain...how about a Pricescope GTG a la Wine Country next? We could mix diamonds and red wine! My dream!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 11:26:44 PM
Author: aljdewey

2.gif
23.gif

18.gif

1.gif
20.gif

widget
Ladies, just got back from vacation to find this thread! What a marvelous time it sounds like you all had....and alas, I was SO close (in Vegas) and yet so far. Bummer! Sounds like a great time.

Widget....know the feeling of the ''blowing the cover''. I felt similarly when in Houston initially. I hope you don''t feel unequal in any way - all that one needs to be equal around here is a love of the bling - that''s really it, and you share that absolutely!
4.gif

LA Mara.....? OMG - you guys kill me.
11.gif
Yay Aljdewey is back, was wondering where you have been. Anyway glad to see that you will keep miss La Mara in check, LOL!!!!! Hubby and I are hoping to go in September, I''ll have to ask you about it. Glad you''re back and that you had fun!!!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol widget, did i plant the seed?!! that setting of yours does not do those fabulous stones justice unfortunately....the first thing i thought of when you said you didn't really love the setting was 'oh my god, these stones are SO crying out for a leon'. and i don't typically think of him first or foremost or anything necessarily, but thinking 'fab 3 stone, asscher and delicate setting' reqiurement? oh yeah...he would take those stones and make something for you to love. ESP after seeing kristy's ring...wow...talk about a work of art. i was DEFINITELY lingering on that for many many moments. i would never have really called myself a pear sides gal with a big round but that ring looked 'right' on my finger i thought...or maybe it was just the 3.5c stone that looked 'right'...HA HA. in any case, it is really fascinating to see and try all these other styles on and really daydream !! and all those wonderful asschers, i have never seen so many beautiful step cuts in one place. just divine.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget -- I think we''re all feeling that post-GTG letdown, too. But, at least we know we can always do it again another time...and again, and again, and again!
21.gif
I agree that meeting like-minded women is very hard to do these days....I felt so "at home" with you all that I can''t wait to spend more time with everyone. As for your 3-stone asscher, I agree that it could be better served in a new setting. The stones are so amazing, they really deserve something that will showcase them to their fullest. Leon would work wonders with those stones.

My only regret about the GTG was that I didn''t get to spend more time talking to everyone on "the other end of the table." There was just so much to talk about, too many baubles to look at, too many cool women to get to know......and so little TIME! I think I maybe finished like THREE sentences all afternoon. I noticed that we were constantly cutting each other off excitedly, i.e. "Hey! Have you seen THIS incredible ring? It''s Widget''s!" "So what do you do?" "How did you get your hubby to agree to buying you that Leon ring?" " "You NEED to look at this, come over here..." "Hey, pass your Tacori over this way!" "Anyway, as I was saying...oh wait, I''ll be right back." The entire afternoon was like that.....just all of us so excited to be together and jamming as much conversation and bling-ogling into a short period of time.

After the GTG, my DH asked, "So how was it? Were there lots of high-maintenance girls there?" I was happy to tell him that there wasn''t a single one, not one!

Mara -- It means a lot to me that you thought highly of my Leon. I think there may be one in your future as well.
31.gif
Anything can happen, right? I agree that my ring looked right at home on your hand. But, I was mesmerized by yours. Did you notice my gaze following your left hand everywhere it went? I swear, your ring was on FIRE. It literally left a visible tail of sparkly light whenever you moved your hand....like the tail on a comet. It was so stunning. [sigh]

Wallermama -- I have to agree that those FL earrings were one of the highlights. I remember my heart fluttering when Art Nouveau pulled them out, ever so casually.
9.gif

Every time Widget or Art Nouveau pulled out a piece of jewelry, I''d decide THAT was my favorite. Then they''d pull out another, and another....and my jaw kept dropping lower and lower till I was leaving a drool trail on the floor. They were like those magicians that keep pulling out scarf after scarf from their sleeve....I couldn''t believe the quantity AND quality of their collection! Ahhhh. If I died right then and there, I would''ve gone to my grave happy has a clam.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did anyone happen to get a picture of Art Nouveau''s pink sapphire, diamond, onyx earring and necklace set? I absolutely LOVED that set! I''m such a novice, I didn''t even know what a briolette was! I went home and said to myself, when I grow up I wanna be just like Art Nouveau=)

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Carebear. I was thinking along those lines too. I was like, "when I get older, I want to be as lucky as Art Noveau and Widget."

And I have yet to thank everyone for sharing their bling so freely. This is the only group that I know of that would be willing to pass their bling around a table to share with everyone and not get offended when we all try them on. I nearly DIED when I had KristyDarling''s and Roppongi''s rings on my pinky at the same time (they wouldn''t fit on my ring finger). Thank you all of you for not making me feel weird about being the only one there that was not engaged or married. And for the compliments on my baby bling. You girls are the absolute greatest!

Oh, and I finally got up the nerve to tell my bf that I went to the GTG. He kinda chewed me out for not letting him know beforehand, because he felt that it could''ve been dangerous, but when I described how friendly and down-to-earth everyone was (and the meeting place), he got over it.

Wallermama, did you tell your DH yet? LOL.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 2:07:35 AM
Author: Cinderella
LOL Carebear. I was thinking along those lines too. I was like, ''when I get older, I want to be as lucky as Art Noveau and Widget.''

And I have yet to thank everyone for sharing their bling so freely. This is the only group that I know of that would be willing to pass their bling around a table to share with everyone and not get offended when we all try them on. I nearly DIED when I had KristyDarling''s and Roppongi''s rings on my pinky at the same time (they wouldn''t fit on my ring finger). Thank you all of you for not making me feel weird about being the only one there that was not engaged or married. And for the compliments on my baby bling. You girls are the absolute greatest!

Oh, and I finally got up the nerve to tell my bf that I went to the GTG. He kinda chewed me out for not letting him know beforehand, because he felt that it could''ve been dangerous, but when I described how friendly and down-to-earth everyone was (and the meeting place), he got over it.

I think my dh was thinking it was a bit odd too, to meet total strangers, but then I met Kaleigh who lives literally 5 minutes from me and I adore her, and I have been getting to know Lorelei over the last year plus through email and she is just so awesome...so dh asked me "What is the site where you met them" and "There is a website for that?" I had to laugh, and tell him, heck yeah, but there is so much more to it than that...that just scratches the surface...I have enjoyed so many people here, like Kristy Darling and Widget and Gypsy (it is late so forgive me if I forget to name some people, past 2:00 am East Coast time)...Mara is undoubtedly one of the most informed and witty gals around here, not afraid to call it as it is, which is great...I just told him that it seems like these are all sane and great and wonderful women who happen to love bling and know a lot about it...we enjoy sharing it and get great ideas (unfortunately for the menfolk) for the NEXT gift or project! It sounds like you all had a ball, how fun! Maybe Kaleigh and I can get one going here!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2 new gems I learned about on friday: star sapphire and padparadscha. I will definitely have to own one of each sometime in my life! thank you Widget for the knowledge! She also convinced me to start reading the Colored Stones forum. I have sooo much to learn from you ladies!
Btw, where did you gals get those satin zipper pouches (excuse my silly description) that you carry your jewelry in? I noticed Widget and KristyD both had them!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2006 12:31:31 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
WOW is all I can say! I am jealous of all you girls living close enough to get together! What gorgeous rings..every single one! I'm going to have to save that handshot to my computer so I can gaze at it occasionally!

It was helpful for me to get to see the SC Tiffany next to the real Tiffany! Which reminds me...Carebear and Pearberry, if you are already married, could you please tell me (or better yet show me!) what kind of band you wear with your solitaire? I have a diamond eternity band and I'm hoping it might work with the SC Tiffany setting. I'd love to see more pictures of both of your rings!
I am wearing it with my Signed Pieces round shared-prong eternity ring. There is a tiny gap between the 2 rings but it doesn't bother me. The ering is a 1.4. The eternity band is 7 pointers total weight ~1.6ct. The 2 rings are also different sizes. The eternity band is 1/4 size bigger. It'll sit more flush if the sizes are the same. Also, depending on the size of the melees the ring will be a different thickness. The thinner the the eternity band, the more flush it sits.

cb-ringset.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Wallermama, I do not mind that you posted the FL briolette earrings from an older thread. Those are my favorite earrings. Some how, they make me feel ''glamorous'' when I have them on. By the way, I really enjoy our sense of humor.

Carebear, here''s a pic of the pink sapphire set. These are Edwardian/Deco style, but they are new.

Widget, among your fabulolous collection, my favorites are the Asscher, the Nelson Rarities emerald and your French bracelet. I agree the stunning stones in your Asscher ring will look even more amazing with a Leon ''makeover''.

KristyDarling, your Leon 3-stone ring is perfect. The proportion of the stones, the angle, the thickness and shape of the band and the weight of the metal, are all perfect.

Luckyhonu, I am amazed at your beautiful delicate hands and tiny size 2 fingers. Your engagement ring looks so pretty and delicate.

I am envious of all the ladies with the Asschers. I have to save enough money to buy one of those and get Leon to make the setting..........some day!

Mrs. Darlinjoy, I want to know how you trained your daughter to love jewelry. My daughter does not share my enthusiam. When I have a grand daughter, I am going to train her early!.

AN

sap-onyx.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 2:07:35 AM
Author: Cinderella

Yes, I told him that night when he asked, "How was your day?" I knew I''d never get away with NOT telling him because my 5 year old would spill the beans about there being a babysitter!

I think I wrote this somewhere earlier, but his response was, "How fun. Meeting a bunch of people into diamonds, which I think are despicable." Sigh.

I was telling Kristydarling that I don''t take this personally, because my love of bling is fairly new and he and I have been together since I was 16...and it wasn''t that long ago that I probably would have agreed with him and he is a bit confused by my gradual (sudden?) change. My old interest in diamonds was eclipsed by my conflicted feelings about the diamond industry (which still exists in the big debeers picture, but certainly not on the consumer level with folks like our PS appraisers and vendors) and the randomness of the value of diamonds.

The fact is, as he figures out that it is truly something I enjoy and that makes me happy, he''ll get over it. He''s that kind of lover
1.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha!

My mom''s visiting and I told her to pick her "dream ring" from the photo and she picked Mara''s!

Mara, did you get your head or the entire ring from WF? The eternity setting is so substantial. Blingy, but delicate looking -- yet strong. Where can us Joes get one?

Mom thought yours was a 3ct. and KD''s was a 4ct+!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol julian that is hilarious!! on LH''s hands the diamonds do look like they are much larger...that one shot of her wearing my e-ring looks like how a 5c looks like on me...
39.gif

i actually had my e-ring done locally way back when, what...almost 4 years ago now? and then i really got into PS and discovered WF so i had them match my e-ring to make my w-ring...and then later they put this new head on my e-ring. i would totally have them do a setting like mine, sometimes i toy around with having them redo my e-ring with 2 pointers like my w-ring so that it would be thinner like my w-ring and also a little more ''finished'' looking. there are tiny differences between my e-ring and w-ring that are really not that noticeable unless you are comparing both rings side by side. but the WF w-ring is a tiny bit more delicate feeling and finished looking than my e-ring. but then i think well if i am going to have them redo one why not just use the diamonds and do something more delicate like lynns! then i could get a scallop head too. ooooh ideas ideas. maybe throw some pears on there too.
5.gif

also WF did luckyhonu''s rings as well, hers is the slightly more delicate one right next to mine on the same finger on the hand shot. she has a 1.65c with a similar setting, but i think the melee are 1 pointers? so it''s a more delicate setting but i think it''s still 4 prong? or maybe it''s shared.

new project julian?!? for your mom? hehee.

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara-

I was wondering if you could email me the picture you took of *my handshot*! I am dying to see it. Thanks for taking those amazing ring shots!!

Thanks so much--

Pearberry :)

lili

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA, that blingy hand shot is to die for.
That''s could get me a nice house there:)

I love the beautiful pictures of the rings.
BUT....where are the pictures of the lovely owners of those babies?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 1:24:17 PM
Author: lili

BUT....where are the pictures of the lovely owners of those babies?

With several victims of indentity fraud in the bunch not wanting their pics up, a few scared significant others, and a few people who were supposed to be "sick" from work
2.gif
, the picture turned into one of Mara and me and a bunch of blurry faces. So no go on that one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results