shape
carat
color
clarity

Bathroom Remodel - Q about faucets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Here is a linky to the style of faucet that I''m considering for my bathroom. My questions is, would this ''trough'' style be difficult to keep clean? Does anyone have something like this, and is that a problem for you? I do have hard water and use a softener, if that makes a difference. It looks neat, but I''m afraid that if it gets all caked up with junk, it''s just going to look super tacky.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=56044-330-F-42-YP0Y&lpage=none

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I actually have this exact faucet.

You will notice the water doesn''t totally drain from the nozzle and you will get white residue over time, in the well, from the evaporated water. We have it in a our small powder room...it doesn''t get used daily, barely used weekly and I think that with the water issue this is ideal for me, as the standing water would drive me nuts. My cleaning lady always manages to clean it so it looks great...I''m not grossed out by it or anything, but it''s certainly something to consider. We don''t have hard water, too.

Overall, it''s nice. High end look at a super low price point. Be sure to go in and actually see the faucet before buying it...I''ve noticed some "oil rubbed bronze" in this line are more copper...we were lucky and got a true oil rubbed bronze, but the copper ones are a misrepresentation of color.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ILs have this at their lake house. She is a clean freak so it always looks great.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 4:39:05 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I actually have this exact faucet.

You will notice the water doesn''t totally drain from the nozzle and you will get white residue over time, in the well, from the evaporated water. We have it in a our small powder room...it doesn''t get used daily, barely used weekly and I think that with the water issue this is ideal for me, as the standing water would drive me nuts. My cleaning lady always manages to clean it so it looks great...I''m not grossed out by it or anything, but it''s certainly something to consider. We don''t have hard water, too.

Overall, it''s nice. High end look at a super low price point. Be sure to go in and actually see the faucet before buying it...I''ve noticed some ''oil rubbed bronze'' in this line are more copper...we were lucky and got a true oil rubbed bronze, but the copper ones are a misrepresentation of color.
I did look at in the store, and the color is what I''m looking for. I''m just torn about the water crud issue. I''m not a cleanfreak, and I''m afraid that if I let it go a little bit, its going to be murder to try to get it crud-free. The look is perfect for the room, though, and yes, the price is right!

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Mom has the heritage [pegausus] version, Ketchup once a week takes care of the crud. Pretty
30.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have this faucet in brushed chrome. We have calcium (I think) in our water that creates a green build-up in the trough but it is removed easily by placing a paper towel soaked in vinegar on it for a few hours. I do this once a week and it keeps it looking new.

I love it and have received more compliments on it than anything else in the house, which is somewhat strange to me
33.gif
1.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ketchup and vinegar....huh....cool! Well thank you for your input everyone. I feel better about making that purchase thinking that it won''t be too difficult to clean it up.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to add that I love the style! I''ve never seen anything like it. You have good taste
9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 6:22:42 PM
Author: elrohwen
I just wanted to add that I love the style! I''ve never seen anything like it. You have good taste
9.gif
Lol - thank you! If you see it in person, it''s even more cool. I like the way that the water flows off. Kind of a waterfall effect. They actually have a taller one that I may get instead, depending on how big of a sink I get.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Ohh! I''m glad you asked about this because we are looking at getting that same style. My hubby wants it because it''s different so not many people have it, but also because it''s supposed to help conserve water he says.

I too was wondering about how icky it would get, ours would be in all of our bathrooms - master, first floor powder, and basement - the first two would get used quiet often, the basement probably not about half as much.

It really is quiet the eye catcher isn''t it? We just love it and we haven''t even purchased ours yet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results