shape
carat
color
clarity

Baroque "rebel" Freshwater ropes from Catherine Cardellini

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I made this purchase in January. I was on the hunt for some lovely, not too expensive baroque freshwater pearls to wear everyday. After a very unsatisfactory start though an Etsy vendor, I stumbled across Catherine Cardellini's site and fell in love with this strand:

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=528

I adored it's pinky gold overtones and luscious bumpiness. And rebel pearls! Who wouldn't love rebel pearls! They just sound so darn sassy!!

Problem was, I either wear shorter (17-19in) or longer (36+in) strands. A necklace of that length (25in) would sit in the neckline of about 99% of my tops so it would lose it's impact, so I asked her if she would make this one a longer strand for me that I could double up. Unfortunately she didn't have any more of the mussel pearls but she had a good hunt around her stock and found some similar pearls that matched the rebel mussel pearls quite well. In the end she made me two necklaces - a shorter, 19in one with the rebel mussel pearls and a longer 38in rope with the remaining rebels and some cream baroque pearls she had from another strand.

I am really really pleased with how this project turned out. Catherine - as many of you already know - was an absolute joy to work with and her pearls are stunning quality for the price. I tend to think of her pieces as more fashiony than classics but I think this proves she is a master at both.

Her customer service was first rate - fast to reply to emails, very quick to put the strands together, and (given I live in Australia) postage was also speedy.

I wear these strands a lot but probably not as much as I should. Usually as a triple strand. I get a lot of comments on them and it's no surprise, they are really stunning pearls. I can't recommend Catherine highly enough.

On to the pictures! First up, the shorter rebel strand.

img_5577.jpg

img_5578.jpg

img_5579.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Baroque "rebel" Freshwater ropes from Catherine Cardelli

Next, the longer rope:

And the two ropes next to each other:

img_5584.jpg

img_5593.jpg

img_5581.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

And the two strands together:

And obligatory neck shots!!

img_1018.jpg

img_5587.jpg

img_5592.jpg

img_5591.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

And here is a picture where you might just be able to see the differences in colour, depending on your computer screen. The shorter strand is quite a bit pinker/peachier than the longer one!

img_5595.jpg

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade

How fun! I love her description, lol. I think they both look great on you! And I love them all together with 3 layers. Nothing like a neck full of pearls. I hope you enjoy them. :)

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my! I really love those worn as a triple strand :appl: :appl: :appl: What lovely and unusual pearls!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

holy Crayola! nicely done! love the look of them on you as well!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

Wow. That is fantastic! I love it as a triple strand!

There's something about her pearls. She takes PHENOMENAL pictures, but they just look so different ON. Thank you for the photos-what a treat!

c langston

Shiny_Rock

These are pretty in so many different ways, the luster is lovely, the shapes are fun, the versatility of the three strands is great, these get a double thumbs up from my perspective. Super addition to any collection!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

misskittycat -- Thanks for the background story and all the photos! A pleasure to see. They work great as a triple!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results