shape
carat
color
clarity

bar of soap anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am speechless; it looks like a granite countertop material.
23.gif
Does this mean my countertop is museum size investment material?
9.gif

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
and only $35K. Now that''s a bargain at half the price!

I do need a new table top....

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They say it''s from India but the vendor is in Des Moines, IA. Now I am positive that if I just took a shovel and started digging around my house during that year that I had to spend in Des Moines...

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
It does look like countertop.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And it has 3 offers that were declined. I wonder what they offered....

I know I would accept anyprice to get that out of my stock.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like something you would find on DSN
31.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Um, I think I can get that at home depot
2.gif
I can''t believe they got three offers
20.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think it is craciked? Emeralds usually have cracks...Does it have oil on top? If it is bottle-green, has cracks and is covered with oil, then it is not a countertop, it is definitely an emerald...

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/26/2010 3:47:09 AM
Author: crasru
Do you think it is craciked? Emeralds usually have cracks...Does it have oil on top? If it is bottle-green, has cracks and is covered with oil, then it is not a countertop, it is definitely an emerald...
*IF* its an emerald, it has colored oil in it. The ''cracks'' are darker colored then the stone around the cracks. So boooo to that. Plus the fact it is NOT gem quality. Ditto to the counter top! Maybe someone can buy it and make it into an end table?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 8:29:16 AM
Author: Tropicgal10

Date: 1/26/2010 3:47:09 AM
Author: crasru
*IF* its an emerald, it has colored oil in it. The ''cracks'' are darker colored then the stone around the cracks. So boooo to that. Plus the fact it is NOT gem quality. Ditto to the counter top! Maybe someone can buy it and make it into an end table?
It was just a joke. Just remembering that many countertops are covered with oil and not so new... On a positive note, you seem to know a lot about emerald dreatment. Is it because of the classes you took with the GIA or did you know it before?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL jokes are hard to hear on the internet lol.

I actually dont know a whole lot about emeralds in general, but know a little from just being around them and researching treatments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results