shape
carat
color
clarity

BAR*B*Q Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 12:29:48 AM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy

Ok ... here is her secret marinade:

3 bottles of Black Butte Porter Beer
Fill one empty beer bottle with soy sauce
Mash up a whole head of garlic
A few BIG shakes of Montreal seasoning

Mix all together in big bowl or pitcher.

Put meat into gallon size ziplock bag with enough marinade to coat ribeye well, turn every hour or so.
(I''m not kidding you, these ribeyes were huge, only one would barely fit into the gallon size ziplock bags ... they were about 2 inches thick to boot!)

I think she said that she marinaded these for about 6 hours. Then she smoked them on her smoker/bbq''r!

Take care ...
35.gif

would this happen to be the black butte porter from deschuttes [spelling?]????

if so, i would like you to know that this is my absolute favorite beer to drink and that using it as a marinade may be good but i''d drink it before it ended up in the marinade!

btw, another bit of bbq trivia: all these wonderful marinades that we use and then think we can''t use for basting -- boil the marinade for 3-4 minutes after removing the raw meat and you''ve killed the bacteria and can now use your marinade as a basting sauce. imazing what i have learned researching grilling!

pass the beer, please!

movie zombie

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 4:19:27 PM
Author: movie zombie

Date: 7/8/2006 1:01:08 PM
Author: hlmr
Hi Mrs. Darling Joy:

Here is a great tip for BBQ''ing chicken so it won''t turn out burned on the outside and raw on the inside.

Grill chicken pieces over indirect medium heat until juices run clear (approx 25 minutes) and then transfer to direct heat to crisp and colour (approx 5 minutes).

Happy grilling!!!!!
emhot.gif
that''s what the link above says.....for parts, that is. whole chicken is a different story. my project tonight is a whole chicken....and i''m going to pull tips from a variety of sources. oh, and according to the link above, it depends on if you have skin on or off, too!

movie zombie
Oops......my mistake.....didn''t get a chance to read the links until now. Oh well, I guess it is always better to get a BBQ tip twice, than not at all.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 7:12:36 PM

Date: 7/8/2006 4:19:27 PM

Date: 7/8/2006 1:01:08 PM
Hi Mrs. Darling Joy:

Here is a great tip for BBQ''ing chicken so it won''t turn out burned on the outside and raw on the inside.

Grill chicken pieces over indirect medium heat until juices run clear (approx 25 minutes) and then transfer to direct heat to crisp and colour (approx 5 minutes).

Happy grilling!!!!!
emhot.gif
that''s what the link above says.....for parts, that is. whole chicken is a different story. my project tonight is a whole chicken....and i''m going to pull tips from a variety of sources. oh, and according to the link above, it depends on if you have skin on or off, too!

movie zombie
Oops......my mistake.....didn''t get a chance to read the links until now. Oh well, I guess it is always better to get a BBQ tip twice, than not at all.
hey, hlmr! there are many that won''t read the link but will read your tip!

btw, the chicken turned out GREAT! punted a bit but followed most of the ideas i''d gathered. and the veggies turned out fab! fingerling potatoes, zucchini chunks, onions halved with nothing more than grapeseed oil and fresh ground pepper. put the potatoes in first...into a ''baseket''. added the zucchini and onion after the potatoes were browned but only about half cooked. i also ended up spreading the coals and using direct heat with the lid slightly open to accomodate the basket''s handle.

i''m still keeping it simple. i used the weber contraption that replaces the beer can for ''beer can'' chicken. oiled the chicken inside and out with grapeseed oil, rubed it with chinese 5 spices inside and out and under the skin where i could, did indirect heat with a drip pan with a bit of water, filled the weber ''beer can'' with some left over salad dressing with added olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, and some water. added mesquite charcoal about an hour into the cooking along with some more briquettes.

hubby was quite pleased....as was i!

movie zombie

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe mz i''m coming over for dinner!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you had a very yummy dinner MZ!!!

I am feeling very grill inspired today!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs Darlin Joy,

having better luck? checkout what i found at the weber site! videos and audios for those of us needing ''how to''s''! i just viewed the video ''two ways to do chicken''. the cook did one on the performer like i have and another on a gas grill. learned some things! i''m going to go through their library and see what else is worth learning. i''m still experimenting and keeping it simple. the cook had a great comment: grill cooking is as much an art as it is a science so relax....loved it!

http://www.webernation.com/channel/

movie zombie

ps not sure if you have to join or not with this link. if you do, its free!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 1:08:30 AM
Mrs Darlin Joy,

having better luck? checkout what i found at the weber site! videos and audios for those of us needing ''how to''s''! i just viewed the video ''two ways to do chicken''. the cook did one on the performer like i have and another on a gas grill. learned some things! i''m going to go through their library and see what else is worth learning. i''m still experimenting and keeping it simple. the cook had a great comment: grill cooking is as much an art as it is a science so relax....loved it!

http://www.webernation.com/channel/

movie zombie

ps not sure if you have to join or not with this link. if you do, its free!
Hi Movie Zombie ~
emrose.gif

Thank you so much for the links ... I am slowly learning.
16.gif

I have decided to stop using the BBQ''r w/ charcol.
36.gif

My father heard from my two teenage kids that I was looking at buying a gass BBQ grill, and since they have only used theirs a total of 4 times in the last few years ... My dad said "Here ... you want this? We don''t use it anymore, just sitting in the shed, let''s hope you get some use out of it".

So, I am reluctant, but I think after my dad showing me how to work it, that I will have better temp. control with it over the charcol BBQ''r. I''ll put the charcol one out in the little barn, mabybe I''ll find someone who''ll be able to get some use out of mine.

So tonight, I am going to marinade some fabulous Ribeye''s in garlic. (Anyone have the pampered chef Garlic Press? ... it''s soooo awesome
emthup.gif
!) worchester sauce, blackbutte porter beer, fresh ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and a touch of soy sauce.

I am going to lightly boil some corn, then lightly grill them in a butter/italian parsely/and a dash of basil and fresh ground pepper mixture in a foil type boat.

That is all I am going to attempt on the BBQ''r tomorrow. I''ll make some salad''s and of course a refrigerated dessert. Iced tea and soda.

I''ll let you know how I did. Wish me luck!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ms dj the dinner tonite sounds fab, one tip if you are still reading, i would wrap the corn in foil, putting the butter/herbs inside each foil (sprinkle on corn then wrap)...it acts as a steamer in that method and it would most likely cook them faster than if you just had them exposed in a boat type thing (which i have never tried but corn takes a while even wrapped on the grill)...we love corn and steak..yum! keep us posted and keep the heat on the gas grill lower than you''d expect for your first time. it''s easy to get a little crazy with the temp and then things tend to get charred and not cooked all the way through. good luck!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara ~
emrose.gif

Yes ... I am definately still reading!
34.gif

I really don''t want to screw this up! I got Pre-BBQ''r jitters!
19.gif

We will be having a late dinner on the patio tonight, esp. since it''s so dang hot! I think I''ll start about 6:30, ready to eat by 7:30.

Thanks for the advice on the corn in foil. I was actually thinking to myself last night about trying something like that instead. I kept thinking that if it were an open boat ... I would have to boil the corn first to get them cooked, just didn''t see how the corn was gonna cook being open. (I really don''t want to boil anything in my kitchen today
14.gif
Too HOT!).

Thanks for all the tips everyone.
36.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
keep us posted MDJ...we were going to do ribeye and corn (after i was inspired by reading your post about what you are making..two of our fave things) but now we are like do we really want steak tonite (we had it at a bbq last nite at a friend''s house) so who knows what we''ll end up with but have fun!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Well ... even though it was too miserably hot to eat ... it was a success!
35.gif

I didn''t burn anything! Yay!

It really tasted good, at least the first four bites, and then we all just looked at eachother, and I said ... "It''s ok ... just go and put some saran wrap on your plate and some how stack them in the fridge for later."

It was sooo hot that we almost got sick! Steaks are still in the fridge, but we managed to eat some cold salad, cold deli style baked beans and some chilled fresh fruit a couple of hours ago.

104* at 7 pm was just too dang hot to eat
14.gif
... and no a/c inside so ... I am sure the steaks will be reheated in the microwave tomorrow.

My dad''s BBQ''r / grill was simple to use. I really like that it was a double burner, and I could adjust the temp. controls as needed on each end. Corn took about an hour on the top racks that nestle into the hood when the hood is closed, and the steaks didn''t take too long, since we like them Med. Rare.

All in all, I am sooo happy that I didn''t burn them, or end up tasting like lighter fluid. I do miss that charcol flavor a little, but, not too bad in my opinion.

So now, at least I can come out of the "BBQ''r Hall of shame"
9.gif
36.gif

Thanks to everyone with all the advice, and sites to read. I am still new at this, so I know that there is still so much to learn, new tricks, etc... So, I am still open for feedback!
2.gif

Have a nice day!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww i'm so sad to hear that your efforts paid off but then you guys couldn't eat the steaks. microwaved steak is totally not the same..wah!!

for the corn, i put them directly on main burner in their foil wrappings...that takes about 25-30 minutes, and our steaks for medium typically take about 20 minutes, 10 on each side. so i typically cook the corn for about 10 min before putting the steaks on the same burner with them. the top shelf/warmer is more for thin veggies, warming/toasting breads, etc.

keep in mind that the meat will continue to cook for a few minutes after you remove it off the grill, so factor that time into your cooking as well so you don't overcook the meat. also you are supposed to let the meat sit for up to 20 minutes before cutting it, but we only wait about 5-10 min if even that. it still seems pretty juicy doing it that way.

anyway, congrats on a successful mission and darn this heat!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry it was too hot to eat the steaks MDJ but at least your confidence is rising and you didn''t burn them. So that''s good. We have a gas grill as well. I love it. But do miss that charcoal taste.
18.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Hlmr,Movie Zombie, Mara & lisa ~
emrose.gif

Ok ... this weekend is alot cooler ... only about 80''s. So I am going to try BBQ''ing again.

This time I am going to try and shake things up a bit.

I am going to try grilling shrimp! I hope I can do this right!

Here is the recipe from Wolfgang Puck!

Ingredients
2 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 C. olive oil
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1/2 C. dried seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley
16 10-12 inch wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes

Directions

Stir shrimp, oil and garlic in a large bowl to combine. Add breadcrumbs and parsley and toss until shrimp are evenly coated. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Thread shrimp on skewers, place on plate. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours. Prepare BBQ (medium high heat). Grill shrimp until just opaque in center and crumb coating begins to brown,
about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp skewers to platter.

I think I am going to alter this recipe a bit, now that I think about it. I think I am going to add lots of fresh garlic instead of the minced (When I use the Pampered Chef garlic press, garlic is a snap & so easy!) and I think I am going to add about 1/4 cup of grated parmesean cheese to the seasoned bread crumb mixture and a dash of red pepper flakes. And will serve them with fresh lemon wedges.

Fresh green leaf salad, and a loaf of artisan bread.

I will really need to pay attention ''cause the shrimp will cook very fast, and I don''t like dried out - tough shrimp!

I''ll let you know how it goes.

Keep smiling & have a wonderful day!
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
still keeping it simple on this end....can''t seem to shake the ''good god that''s tasty'' by letting the flavors come through pretty much on their own. did the 2 pounds lean lean lean lean pork with 1 pound lean lean lean ground sirloin with my very own herbs/spices again tonight. did spice it up a bit more. also, i didn''t cook them as long and they were tastier. think i''m finally getting the hang of it and found that i was done from start to finish including clean up in 2 hours. finding scalloped summer squash at the organic farmers market is incredibly good...some are sweeter than others and i''m mixing them in the basket. like you, mrs DJ, its been too hot here to even light the weber but it has now cooled down AND our AC has been replaced so all is well. was hoping to make a mob for my ''burgers'' but got caught up in retaining wall issues with my husband today and that had to go by the wayside.

glad to know you''re not giving up! despite being australian, my hubby isn''t one for shrimp on the barbie....go figure! otherwise, i''d be tempted to try something simle: shrimp with a bit of oil and brown pepper. maybe i''ll do it anyway! often times he tells me he doesn''t like something but when i fix it he does! thanks for the idea!

movie zombie

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you grilling gals should check out Cooking Light''s August issue, I just picked it up today after reading it today at the nail salon, it has an article called The Perfect Steak and it gives some good tips as well as types of meat that are best for grilling, rubs/sauces, etc. The cover looks YUM. They also have some corn and tomato kind of recipes too for grill. I think we are having steak tomorrow night...hehee.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Movie Zombie ~
emrose.gif

Nope ... not giving up!
36.gif
You all are helping me so much, even if you didn''t realize it, you all are! I call you guys my BBQ survival group!
12.gif

I''ll let you in on a secret ... My husband does not, and I repeat ... does not do 99% of any seafood, and 100% does not do any kind of crustacean! It''s all ok ... it''s just more for me & the kids who loooove seafood! My kids even love sushi! I think the only thing I have seen hubby eat, maybe once a year would be halibut steak. Other than that ... forget it!

ok, so the shrimp is mainly for daughter and myself
emlove.gif
, the boys will eat some, but I am also doing steak/chicken kabobs too for hubby and of course the boys will dig that no doubt!

This is going to be my first time doing kabobs ... I bought lots of metal skewers ... tonight my daughter helped me as I chopped all the steak & chicken into 1 - 2 inch chunks and have them marinading overnight in some gallon size zip lock bags.

Chicken is hanging out in 1 cup of teriyaki sauce, 4 cloves of mashed garlic, 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes.

Steak is in two bags. Bag #1 has half a bottle of Black butte porter beer, 1 cup teriyaki sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, pepper. Bag #2 has the other half of the beer, red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and in the early afternoon I will add 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke.

Tomorrow, I will show children how to take off the shrimp shell and devein, and then marinade half the shrimp in some garlic and a touch of olive oil and fresh ground pepper, the remainder of the shrimp will be the wolfgand puck recipe. We will also chop up the veggies; zuchini (from backyard neighbors garden), onions, yellow crooked neck squash, and red bell pepper.

I hope all goes well. Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2006 12:56:11 AM
Author: Mara
you grilling gals should check out Cooking Light''s August issue, I just picked it up today after reading it today at the nail salon, it has an article called The Perfect Steak and it gives some good tips as well as types of meat that are best for grilling, rubs/sauces, etc. The cover looks YUM. They also have some corn and tomato kind of recipes too for grill. I think we are having steak tomorrow night...hehee.
Hi Mara ~
emrose.gif

Got any tips or suggestions for kabobs???

I will have to look for the August issue of Cooking Light, sounds like info I just might need!

Steak? How are you gonna fix it, and what are you going to serve it with?

Have a super day!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2006 12:43:49 AM
still keeping it simple on this end....can''t seem to shake the ''good god that''s tasty'' by letting the flavors come through pretty much on their own. did the 2 pounds lean lean lean lean pork with 1 pound lean lean lean ground sirloin with my very own herbs/spices again tonight. did spice it up a bit more. also, i didn''t cook them as long and they were tastier. think i''m finally getting the hang of it and found that i was done from start to finish including clean up in 2 hours. finding scalloped summer squash at the organic farmers market is incredibly good...some are sweeter than others and i''m mixing them in the basket. like you, mrs DJ, its been too hot here to even light the weber but it has now cooled down AND our AC has been replaced so all is well. was hoping to make a mob for my ''burgers'' but got caught up in retaining wall issues with my husband today and that had to go by the wayside.

glad to know you''re not giving up! despite being australian, my hubby isn''t one for shrimp on the barbie....go figure! otherwise, i''d be tempted to try something simle: shrimp with a bit of oil and brown pepper. maybe i''ll do it anyway! often times he tells me he doesn''t like something but when i fix it he does! thanks for the idea!

movie zombie
MZ ~ This sounds good!

I was just thinking something like the ground pork, and the ground sirlion with sage and fresh ground pepper and a dash of garlic, and a dash of red pepper flake sound yummy.

I also thought that instead of BBQ sauce or steak sauce to top it off, it might be good with a mixture of applesauce, asian plum sauce, some thai peanut sauce made with coconut milk, and some pureed dried apricots, hot chili oil. put all in blender or food processor, and that would be good! It would be good for chicken burgers too! It''s a sweet/hot taste!
30.gif

Gee ... can you tell I love to experiment with food?
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ms DJ...well tonite it''s herbed garlic ribeye steaks...I minced and crushed together fresh rosemary, oregano and thyme and mixed it with garlic, salt and pepper onto the steaks (rubbed it or rather ''pushed it on''...hee hee) and they are ''marinating'' in the fridge for the next 1.5 hours. The recipe said 4 hours but we don''t have 4 hours...hahaa. Anyway...it also called for dried lavendar and marjoram which I didn''t have so I figure a bit more garlic (which we love) works in leiu, hee hee. Then we''ll throw them on the grill. Also for dinner is herbed corn (this herbed salt mix i get from Williams Sonoma, a bottle lasts me all year and it''s about $20) steamed on the grill in foil packets and then also some baked herbed garlic fries...I guess tonite is just all about the herbs right? I didn''t plan it that way, hahah...but they are the most lowfat way to get the most yummy tastes out of things IMO.

Anyway...hope your dinner went well too...gosh all this food talk is making my stomach growl. I don''t know if I''ll make it another 1.5 hours!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara ~
emrose.gif

Your dinner with the herbs and garlic sound very yummy!
18.gif

Our dinner turned out pretty wonderful!
face23.gif

I decided that I wouldn''t mix the meat and the veggies on the skewers. I did all steak on some, all chicken on another, and then the shrimps by themselves ... and of course the veggies last on their own skewers. (Didn''t care too much for the wolfgang puck recipe ... they were ok, but prefer garlic and lemon pepper on the grill instead ... and then drizzeled with a hint of butter and more lemon!)

It really worked out well that way. I gave everyone one large skewer of grilled veggies, and then they could have two skewers of meat each. They could choose which ones they wanted.

The veggies turned out so yummy! After I skewered them I placed them on some foil in a large cookie pan. I then lightly sprayed them (each side) with butter flavored Pam spray ... and them coated the skewers with lots of lemon pepper! Then grilled them. Kids loved them! I also had add''l lemon wedges on the patio table to squirt more lemon juice on them if they wanted and they thought that was awesome!

Meat turned out good. I personally liked the chicken and the shrimp the best. I had a few bites of the steak kabobs ... but I am not so much of a red meat eater. But you better watch out if I am in the mood ... A nice filet medium rare crowned with some grilled blue cheese ... oh my ... Yumm!

Have a wonderful evening!
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ, yes yes yes yes re sweet/hot taste! i''m going to work on something this week so i''ll have it for saturday night''s grilling session with the weber!

last night we were at a slow food fundraiser for a couple going to Terra Madre in Torino, Italy in october. they''re the people i''ve been getting my organic chickens, pork and eggs from. anyway, the food was grilled outside by a chef and it was simple and absolutely fab. i bought some of the sausages to have here at home to grill: a chicken sausage wrapped with more chicken, beer sausage, and chorizo [the best i''ve ever had....not greasy at all!]. none will require a ''mop'' or sauce but i want to do one anyway to have for the chicken/chicken wrapped sausages.

they also had the absolutely best and simple dessert i''ve ever tasted:

large curd cottage cheese
topped with raspeberries
then a fine drizzle of honey over the top

slightly sweet/slightly salty taste and flavors so good i couldn''t believe it. however, again, this was all local, small farm raised/grown produce, including the cottage cheese. the dairy has raw unpastureized milk also. high quality honey is also a must.

this is definitely a dessert that is great after a bbq meal and easy to do. not a lot of prep, can be done at the table, and just seems to be too good to be so healthy!

happy eats!

movie zombie

ps i got to tour and meet the pigs....there''s one big female porker out there that won''t be ready for another 4 years....i''ve already put my name in for her! i got to see the breed of pig currently in my freezer, too.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone ~
emrose.gif

I have a
emquestion.gif

What kind of veggies can you / do you grill & how.
33.gif

So far I have tried onions on skewers, and I keep burning the edges of them.
38.gif

I have also tried yellow crooked neck squash, red bell pepper, and some green zuchini with success.
face23.gif

I had great results with corn on the cob wraped in foil with just a little margerine and some herbs
face23.gif
... but I am wondering what else can I grill?

Thanks for anyones great ideas or tips on grilling veggies!

Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m doing lots of summer squash! and small fingerling potatos. as well as onions.

i bought two grill gadgets: one is just a meshed wire thing with three sides and the other is like a popcorn popper for outdoors but all out of mesh. both work wonderful and there is no need to wrap nor skewer anything. i do lightly oil, though.

asparagus was fab when it was in season!

my next experiment is waiting in the frig: stuffed bell peppers!

read a tip: have sliced bell peppers waiting and put them on after you''re done cooking your ''real'' meal and let the peppers cook while the heat dies down. you''ll have roasted, sliced peppers to use w/o haviing to start the flames the next day.

one of the ones i got: http://www.chefscatalog.com/catalog/product.aspx?item=21467&sourcecode=6w4pfd410

but i only paid about $5.00 for it at Ross.

the other looks sort of like: http://www.cooksnook.com/Grilling-Grid.html

but is only raised on three sides so its easy to use a spatula on it. also, from Ross for about $3.00

i''m told mushrooms on skewers [remove stem] alternated with onions and bacon looped around or through is quite yummy.

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MZ ~
emrose.gif

I just wanted to say that I had to make alot of burgers for family and I tried something a little different. I tried doing half very lean ground pork, and the very lean ground beef option! I added garlic, and italian seasonings, and red pepper flakes to it, and they all loved it!
36.gif

I served it with herbed corn on the cob, and some grilled squash with pesto brushed on.

Hlmr ~
emrose.gif

Ok, I have a double gas burner BBQ ... so does indirect mean I turn the left burner on and then put the chicken on the right side of the grill, and then put them on the left hand side to finish them up??? I want to do a chicken, like quartered chicken pieces, but I am afraid I will either burn it, or it will be on the raw side, or both!

Does anyone think BBQ chicken is greasy? Or is there a certain way to fix it? Obviously skinless would be best, but wouldn't it turn out dry that way?

I did do chicken kabobs ... but I didn't have to cook it that long because of the small pieces.

Just wondering out loud????

Take care,
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MDJ,
When we do BBQ chicken we put the BBQ sauce on last, that way it isn''t greasy and doesn''t burn as much. Also we love to do tomatoes on the grill and add fresh parmesian cheese at the end. They are soooo yummy.
18.gif
This thread is making me hungry.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
MDJ, webernation.com has a video that address your questions re indirect/direct cookiing of chicken on a GAS bbq.

movie zombie

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t believe I missed this thread. Yum!

We LOVE grilling. We have the weber babyQ gas grill and it''s perfect for the 2 of us. I would never use anything but a weber. I also religiously use a meat thermometer. I am just not good enough of a cook to tell if something is done perfectly. I have found out perfect temps for everything we normally make, and even skinless chicken breasts turn out so tender. it is also really convenient when people want their steaks done to varying degrees of doneness. And yes, all meat should rest.

Alton Brown had a simple burger recipe...ground the meat right in the food processor a bit at a time and only added salt. I have to say the difference was tremendous. One of the simplest meals we make are tenderloins on the grill first (love that montreal steak seasoning too), then while the meat rests, we throw asparagus on the grill that has been seasoned with good olive oil, salt and pepper. I love bbq season...which for us in So Cal runs a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results