color
clarity

Bang for buck ~1 carat asscher?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi jimmianne,
: :wavey: :wavey:
Sorry for thread jack myrr.

I had already been to NY and GOG. IT was over the festive period..sorry that we didn't get to spend it at GOG together. :((
I put a post up in the hang out section and also the members get together. I did one for NY & CA. No one could make it to the NY catch up due to the time being so close to Xmas.

It was a relatively short trip to GOG. The kids were playing up and we only stayed for an hour. Missed Jonathan as they mixed up the timing and he started later than the scheduled appt I had with him.

Maybe(?) another time.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg - ah...sorry to miss you : )
I was off PS for a while thinking I could cure the fever.
nope. back & still hopelessly bling happy.
Glad you got to NY and hope the girls had a good time.
Next time!!

back to you, Myrr! : )

myrr

Rough_Rock
Reaching out to GOG to see if #2 can be compared to a couple other contenders... Not ruling it out just yet!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a good plan!

My last post didn't post right for some reason. My message was somehow in the middle of Jimmianne's!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1428289536|3857404 said:
Sounds like a good plan!

My last post didn't post right for some reason. My message was somehow in the middle of Jimmianne's!

that's odd - maybe a glitch in the upgrade - or we were posting at the same time.

I"m proud of the OP's persistence for excellence. A true PSer.

myrr

Rough_Rock
Ha yes - I do want my socks to fly off if possible!

myrr

Rough_Rock
More stones inbound Thursday...!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
myrr|1428441607|3858160 said:
More stones inbound Thursday...!

This is good! Fingers crossed for you : )

myrr

Rough_Rock

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one without a doubt.

I would not go to another vendor-you may end up back where you started.
I think the first one is outstanding and would make you very happy in person.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the H that much above your budget?
If it's not too bad, I would go for it. Later you will wish you had spent a little more to get the "Bang for your buck".

myrr

Rough_Rock
It's sure tough w/o seeing them in person... the videos help ! Regarding price it is pretty high for me, and the other stone is much cheaper. Choice is always good though!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
the H without a doubt.... if you can stretch your budget... or talk to GOG about a layaway plan???? BUt totally understand that sticking to a budget is important... you dont want to go into too much debt. not to mention that there is the setting of the stone as well...

i would hesitate in working with a vendor that does not provide the images/ videos that you need with finding an asscher. numbers are a guide but most importantly you need imaging and your eyes. GOG provides the images and a video (pseudo eyes for you)

Not seeing it in person is always an unknown, but you can bet that Jon is great at his job; and he will do right by you. many ppl on here can attest to it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Myrr - I would add that I just got a diamond and set it in a very reasonably-priced setting that will actually work quite well for a few years - or even longer.
Perhaps you could consider that as well to maximize your budget.

It's not fair of us to push a stone outside your budget. I know that, but in my case I ended up doing that very thing. I just couldn't find what I really really wanted that matched my budget so after buying/trading-up various stones over time, I just wanted the thing I had searched for so I would not be trading up again.

Again, I apologize for pushing - this is just an opinion - not necessarily the best thing for you.

Best to you!

myrr

Rough_Rock
No pushing at all… The stone is at the top end of my price range. It does seem to be a really well cut asscher. Should be getting some more information on it today.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay!
ps. when Jon said it was a honey, that sounded like a very good recommendation.
It's good to keep in mind that this is a person who wants you to be happy - that's what has made his business successful and respected.
He is not "trying to sell" a stone ...
one more edit!: I mean, when vendors here tell you a stone is good one, it's not a sales pitch, but an honest opinion. That combined with feedback from knowledgeable forum members has alway given me confidence.

myrr

Rough_Rock
Jumped on it : ) Can hardly wait to see it in real life!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
myrr|1428787814|3860520 said:
Jumped on it : ) Can hardly wait to see it in real life!

oh good! It will be so interesting to hear your opinion when you see it in person.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy that you took the H! Looks like a beautiful stone! Truthfully, spending a few hundred extra for a great stone makes so much more sense than settling for something not as good.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1428806823|3860680 said:
So happy that you took the H! Looks like a beautiful stone! Truthfully, spending a few hundred extra for a great stone makes so much more sense than settling for something not as good.

+1

well done on jumping on that H!!

myrr

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I have to wait a week or so to get eyes on it since I will be out of town. GOG seemed pretty enthusiastic about this one...

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's exciting that you will be seeing this in person in a week!
I had a couple of thoughts...You might want a loupe, if you don't have one, to study it closely. Part of the fun.
Belomo [on Amazon] and
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQDWBPI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
are two that I have been pleased with.

Also, I'm pretty sure you've read this in your research but I wanted to mention; step cuts perform best when sparkly clean. Dawn dish detergent is great. Things like glass cleaners can leave a film.

Happy diamond-getting!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
I just saw the video, ummmm, GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :knockout: :love: :love: :love: :love: definitely get a loupe for the arrival and I can't wait to see it.

myrr

Rough_Rock
No the second stone was not really considered. I wasn't 100% about it... Wanted something closer to 6x6mm. Didn't wow me. Honestly I don't know enough about ASET to have an opinion there. Maybe some others can chime in re: that and how they compare. The one I went with was better in color and a tenth bigger. Seemed nicer on video.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
myrr|1428960076|3861447 said:
For fun I read this: http://www.americangemsociety.org/uploads/ASETTheory-709.pdf

Makes me question the performance of the stone I chose over the first one... hard to say. I liked mine better based on the video.

please don't second guess. wait until you see it!
IMHO it was the best and others here thought so too.
I didn't see anything else that you looked at that could compare to it.
edit: Also...the graph for brilliance, scintillation and fire showed it at the top of the chart, so you already know that it will perform.

If you have any doubts, you might call GOG and talk about it to allay any concerns.
The nice thing is that if it doesn't knock your socks off you can return it : )

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure you will be pleased, the optics were amazing on that stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results