shape
carat
color
clarity

Bahamas--Cat Island

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for a nice, tropical, beach vacation for hubby & I next summer. We like really small resorts that are comprised of individual cottages. We don''t need nightlife. We want a food plan or restaurants close by...I''m not a fan of doing the villa rental where I have to cook. I was considering Fiji but decided it was too far away to leave our kids with relatives.

So, I came across the OUT Islands in the Bahamas. They seem to have what we want. Nice, clear, swimmable water with snorkeling opportunities. Lots of white sand beaches where we could hopefully find one without other people. And plenty of smaller cottage type places to stay.

Cat Island seems to fit the bill best. Has anyone been there? If not, can you recommend any other Bahama out islands.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Living in Fl and being a boat owner, we have spent a lot of time in the Bahamas. My alltime favorite is Harbour Island. There are a few great places to stay including Coral Sands and Pink Sands, but I love Valentines because of the docks and nice apt style rooms. The island is adorable and there are few cars on it bc everyone uses golf carts. The food there is spectacular, espicially The Rock House. I also love SIP SIP. Such a cool undiscovered island, but its to die for gorgeous. You may reacall a famous Sports Illustrated swimsut cover (here... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2006_swimsuit/more/cover.html ) it was shot at Pink Sands over there. If you look at the background of that pic you will see the pink glow of the sand... Gorgeous!! Just loe that place!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results