shape
carat
color
clarity

Bag advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm so bad. It's only been a year with my last bag, and I'm already starting to get the itch.

What do we think of this one? It's a "vintage," discontinued Coach. That's the thing with me: I fall in love with discontinued and thus, hard to find bags.

Yay or nay? It'd be in this color. Measurements are L: 13.5", W: 6", H: 7.5".

Darn the itch!

1808_d1.jpg

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I say "yay!!"

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 11:38:23 PM
Author: vslover
I saw ''yay!!''

Me too.
31.gif
But I''d be spending more than I''ve ever spent on a bag, so I need a serious push in either direction.

An aside: Why do I love such large bags? I don''t carry much. I''m a minimalist, for crying out loud! But I love large bags. I used to carry a small bag but now that I''ve carried a larger one, I don''t know if I can go back.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 11:41:02 PM
Author: EBree

I saw ''yay!!''

Me too.
31.gif
But I''d be spending more than I''ve ever spent on a bag, so I need a serious push in either direction.

An aside: Why do I love such large bags? I don''t carry much. I''m a minimalist, for crying out loud! But I love large bags. I used to carry a small bag but now that I''ve carried a larger one, I don''t know if I can go back.

I''m the SAME WAY!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another I love, in the running. Coach Legacy Leigh.

Both bags have cons. For the first bag? Two straps. For the second? The flap, less convenient than the zipper.

I like the look of both a lot, though.

Help!

coachleigh.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second one but it looks like it might be heavy. Since you do not carry a lot in it it might be fine though...

I love their Ergo Hobo too, the pumpkin and the off white are gorgeous.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 1:25:45 AM
Author: diamondfan
I like the second one but it looks like it might be heavy. Since you do not carry a lot in it it might be fine though...

I love their Ergo Hobo too, the pumpkin and the off white are gorgeous.

Thanks DF! Some women over at another forum say the Leigh isn''t that heavy- and I don''t mind a bag with a little "heft."

I''m actually bidding on an Ergo Tote on eBay right now!
2.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i wouldnt get the leigh, at least not in whiskey or brown, those legacy bags get totally knicked up. i have several of them, and the browns (and the clay) are the worse. The first bag is nice, but I don''t totally love the bag...However, if you love it, they are harder and harder to come by these days so you should snap it up!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock

An aside: Why do I love such large bags?

Because they look amazing! Yay Large bags. I love the first bag by the way.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 1st one better.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I like them both! The second one looks like it might be more comfortable though. Whenever I carry a 2 strap bag the outer strap seems to keep falling off my shoulder.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second one, but I am not opposed to the first one. Get them both, all will be fine and you''ll be happy. :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first one! Plus you''ll have the thrill of the hunt since it''s discontinued!
3.gif
It''s beautiful and you''ll use it so much. That''s how I justify my bag habit. I carry one bag every day for a few months before I switch (I''m lazy about bag-switching) so I really get good use out of it!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I love them BOTH! But I am rather partial to the second one because I have to be able to carry a purse on my shoulder and that is a shoulder bag. And I have the exact same bag and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it so much. It''s really not that heavy, I think the heft is really good because it keeps it on my shoulder. I hate having to keep messing with a bag.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Since you are going to spend more than you normally would on this purchase, I suggest really thinking about what you would want out of a bag. Both styles are nice looking, but, are different in the way you will carry and utilize the bag.

As others have mentioned, the first does have a zip top, which really will be easy for you to access when you are in a hurry. However, you will have to carry it. The second has a cute flap front, but, flap front bags drive me crazy (I can tolerate for special occassion bags). However, you can wear it on your shoulder. What I would do is find a bag that is shoulder friendly, with a zip top, but that is me. Either one you go with will be cute though, just make sure you can live with your purchase for the long term.

ETA: Just saw your post on the Coach thread. Congrats on your new bag!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
go with bag #1...a look that is classic and wont date...the chain link and hardware will date the bag.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

I saw ''yay!!''

Me too.
31.gif

Ebree, I''m the same! I have the Chloe Bay bag (large one). Its ever so heavy! and the most I ever carry is my purse, phone, keys and maybe some makeup..?
I find myself putting in cardigans, diaries etc to fill ''er up a bit, lol.
But I do love that bag....Thing2 knows!

oh, and my vote is also for the first one, diggin it.
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opinions, everyone!

I actually ordered TWO new Coach bags on ebay. The first is the Leigh, which was #2 of the first batch, and the second was the Legacy Shoulder from 2006, the bag I was originally searching for. One popped up on eBay brand new with tags, so I grabbed it! Now I have to figure out which one to re-list, and neither are here yet for me to play with!

The below is the second bag I won, but mine is in a whiskey-colored leather.

So, what do we think?

10328_d1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results