shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad stain on my new 90 dollar guess jeans (Help)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I put them in the laundry bag not realizing they had a bad stain in the butt area. Thats why i didnt notice. So now the stain had time to settle. This morning while I was looking for them in the bag to wear. The stain was still there after being washed. I dont know what the hell it is, but its really on there. Its black and thats all i know. looks like it could be ink but then again i really dont know what it could be. I really don''t want these jeans to be a goner since ive only had them for 2 months. I''m thinking the only time I could wear them is with the long shirts that are in now that cover the butt. I''m going to take them to the dry cleaners today to see what the professionals say. I really hope there is help and it driving me crazy thinking about them home and dirty.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try some Vanish or Shout stain laundry stain remover, and then launder. Also can you get those various stain removers, I think they might be called Stain Devils, which can be used for ink etc? If it is ink, here is some info which might help.

http://www.tipking.co.uk/tip/3115.html

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Lorelei. I use shout, and trust me, having kids, there are always stains...

For really heavy stains apply it to both sides of the garment and let it sit for a day. I usually put the stained garments on a heavier cycle to wash after that with warm or hot (depending on the color) water with a load of jeans because they are more abrasive (turn the ones that aren''t soiled inside out to protect color) or towels for lighter colors garments with stains.

I hope that helps a bit and you can get the stain out. I just hate it when that happens to something new.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Dry cleaners are pretty good at getting stains out too. Take it to them and see what they can do.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 8:31:50 PM
Author: urseberry
Dry cleaners are pretty good at getting stains out too. Take it to them and see what they can do.

The cleaners are good with lighter demin, but I found that they bleached the crapola out of my darker washed pair after I accidently leaked some great Bronx italian leftovers in my lap. The oil stains are gone, but so it the color.
39.gif

CaféHummingbird

Rough_Rock
Have you tried OxyClean?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOo, I hate stains. For a possible ink stain, take a q-tip and dip it in rubbing alcohol and test the outside of the stain to see if it works. If it is a grease stain, you will need to scrub it with goo gone or some other stain remover. Sounds to me like you sat in ink or grease!

If the q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol works, then you just need to swab the whole stain with it very carefully so you don''t bleach out that spot. Just be careful!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 2:31:47 AM
Author: CaféHummingbird
Have you tried OxyClean?

I second Oxy.... you can find it at all BB&B stores. That seems to be the product that gets out most stains in our house.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results