shape
carat
color
clarity

bad feeling about e-bay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChocolateDuck

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I am new here. I found this website on google because I was trying to find more info about this seller on e-bay. I was really convinced and was about two clicks away from sending $3,000 to a guy in New York who certifies his diamonds through GHI (Gem House International). I read all the posts about this certification and about this guy, and it confirmed all my fears. So now I am ringless. I am trying to find a 1 carat heart shaped engagement ring with baguettes on each side. I am looking for no less than an "i" color and the clarity should be no less than an "SI2." My budget is $3500 to $4,000. Can anyone help me? Should I check Robbins Brothers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tami

researcher

Ideal_Rock

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Here are some examples from White Flash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/heart/Heart-cut-diamond-677438.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/heart/Heart-cut-diamond-643179.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/heart/Heart-cut-diamond-724774.htm

Keep in mind that WF offers a discount to PS members, so the prices listed will be less if you mention this forum
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
According to the diamond grading charts by Dave Atlas at http://www.gemappraisers.com, you want to look for a stone with the following specs:

Table: 55.0%-60.0% is best; 53.0%-61.5% or 60.1%-61.5% are very good
Crown: 13.0%-14.5% is best; 12.5%-12.9% or 14.6%-15.0% are very good
Girdle: Very thin to Medium Or Thin to Slightly thick (or any combination of these)
Depth: 59.0%-63.0%
Length/Width Ratio: 0.98-1.02
Polish/Symmetry: Good to Excellent

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BTW, is your budget for the diamond or the whole ring? Are you wanting platinum or gold/white gold? How many baguettes on either side?

ChocolateDuck

Rough_Rock
Hello, thanks for the speedy replies, I will definitely check out the White Flash website and the others mentioned. My budget is 3500-4000 for the diamond. I am looking for yellow gold and the setting would have one baguette on each side. Thanks again. I feel SOOOOOOO much better.

Tam
wavey.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You have plenty of money to work with then
1.gif
As I mentioned previously, I went through WF and worked with Denise who gave me a package deal for the diamond and setting. She's really great, and can send you LOTS of diamonds to consider, as well as tell you the cost for the separate baguettes and your setting. You can email her a [email protected]
1.gif
Other people I would check out include Jonathan at Good Old Gold, Wink Jones from Winfield's, and Robin and Todd from Nice Ice. I've also heard good things about Dirt Cheap Diamonds, but have never dealt with them directly.

Good luck!!!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
That is very good that you decided not to go with ebay.

Here is one:
H 1.00 G SI2 2804 GIA 63.7 64 M-XTK N VG G 6.05*6.50*4.14

Cert Diamond

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/8/2004 7:05:24 PM researcher wrote:

Keep in mind that WF offers a discount to PS members, so the prices listed will be less if you mention this forum
1.gif
----------------

White Flash offers Price Scope Forum Members a 5% discount on diamonds they physically have in stock. Their ACA's and Expert Selection diamonds. I don't think the discount applies to diamonds that WF does not physically own.
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My stone was not a stock diamond, and I got the discount
1.gif
In fact, my discount was more than 5%
2.gif

aussiegirl

Rough_Rock
glad I found this thread! did not realise that wf give a discount for ps members! will be buying in the next few days and can''t wait!!

aussiegirl

Date: 7/9/2004 12:36
6.gif
9 AM
Author: researcher
My stone was not a stock diamond, and I got the discount
1.gif
In fact, my discount was more than 5%
2.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my ring from Whiteflash and was very pleased with the service. I got a beautiful stone at a great price.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to clear up the confusion a little.
The official word I got on the discount is that its 5% on aca's, 2%-5% on ES and varies on the rest but a lot of them there wont be much discount.
But like a lot of vendors buy the complete package from them and you might get a slightly better discount.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results