shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Experience with LittleCoterie on Etsy

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought quite a bit on Etsy and EBay too but this experience was just so awful that I wanted to share so that potential buyers are aware.

Ordered a diamond cluster ring from this shop, it was not cheap but I’ve been looking for one like this for our 15th anniversary and this one seemed to fit the bill. Pictures were not great, additional requests for videos were not either but she has good reviews and a return policy so figured it was worth a shot.

When I got the ring it was packed in a bubble mailer with some tissue paper and padding wrapped around it in a plastic zip-top bag inside a cloth bag, considering the cost of said item it should have been shipped in a box. As one of my friends pointed out, even Berricle ships their CZ rings in a box.

Take the ring out and there is something going on with the center diamond, it looks brownish, can’t make out the faceting (the diamonds being all mine cuts). Overall the ring is pretty but I’m bothered by that diamond, I louped it and there is a large chip on one of the crown facets with a crack that goes onto the table. This was not disclosed in the listing, in fact there was no mention of any inclusion in the center diamond which is half a carat, so not a small diamond that an inclusion could get lost in. Debated but this is going to bother me too much for what I paid for it, immediately email the seller that I would like to return. She apologizes and asks that I return the ring to a second address she has across the country (she shipped from a different address).

The ring showed as sold in the shop on Etsy but then I noticed it was listed for sale again within hours of emailing her! So she finds out I am returning and lists it for sale despite not even physically having the ring!! Who does that? What if I changed my mind and someone else bought it?? Ship it back fully insured to the address requested. She sends me a message telling me not to require a signature because she doesn’t want to have to wait in line at the post office for it, kid you not that is what she said. It was due to arrive on the 9th, check on the 9th and the tracking indicates it was delivered on the 7th, it had a signature requirement so someone had to physically sign for it. Despite this, no contact from the seller to let me know she had it back, this despite the fact that I emailed her with the tracking number when I mailed it.

Emailed her on the 10th and she says she is meeting a courier in Boston to get her mail from her second address. Get a message from her that night asking about any damage to the packaging because now the ring has a crack that “wasn’t there before”. She is going to pursue a claim with USPS and asks me to cooperate, yes of course I say (because I want to make sure I get my refund). Got the refund in full which is the only bright spot.

She cancels the sale on Etsy which enables her to get her fees back BUT that also means I can’t leave a review, the ring no longer shows up in past sales either. So someone would have no idea it was bought and returned.

The best part? The ring is still listed in her Etsy shop with no mention of the chip or the crack! Worst experience ever!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a farce. I’m glad you got your refund, she’s got a cheek expecting you to participate in her fraudulent claim!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry that you've had that experience. It sounds as though you got all your money back, right? That's a good side at least!

Etsy deletes the item from sold items when the sale is fully refunded and cancelled. They've always done that. I thought Etsy gave you 2 days to leave a review for cancelled sales though?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, yes rather bold I would say to expect help after all of this nonsense.

@Rhea, yes I did get a full refund but I feel badly for the next person who buys that ring since they have no idea the actual condition of it. I was not aware the cancellation is automatic with Etsy and yes there was two days I could have left a review but I forgot all about it since my husband has been sick. He is waiting results of a COVID test so the weekend got away from me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada this tale makes me sad that such a nice person like yourself really got the run around

is your hubbie ok ?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, thanks, I don’t post negative reviews usually but everything about this was bad, apart from the refund.

Hubby is better but he was really sick over the weekend, he still has a bad cough, he is diabetic and on blood pressure meds so they recommended he get tested. Thanks for asking!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, thanks, I don’t post negative reviews usually but everything about this was bad, apart from the refund.

Hubby is better but he was really sick over the weekend, he still has a bad cough, he is diabetic and on blood pressure meds so they recommended he get tested. Thanks for asking!
Phew !
I guess testing is a good thing and good to rule out covid 19

its hay favour session here - not a good look right now to be sneezing
The pharmaceutical companies need to recoup all their lost profit because serously no one got flu this year with the boarder closed ( i think 6 cases were reoorted to the ministry of health early on in the winter )

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds that is one good thing about the masks and people staying home more...less flu, less colds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results