shape
carat
color
clarity

Back to basics....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! This is a little confusing, but basically my then FI (now hubby) proposed with a wonderful platinum solitaire pave setting. I loved it but because I work in jewelry, there are so many temptations and therefore, we decided to reset the stone into another platinum three stone-ish setting (which I picked out) with intentions of getting a larger stone to fill in the original setting on our 10 anniversary. Three years later, I am craving the simpler classic look of a solitaire (maybe it comes with age hehe) therefore we reset the diamond back into our original solitaire setting. And yes, hubby loves the pleasure of saying "I told you so"
3.gif
Gosh, I love that man hehe
5.gif

Lets start with the before pic....

sukiisukii.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
after....

(wow I just noticed the finger hairs... please excuse them - how embarrassing!
8.gif
)

sukii20.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
another...

sukii21.JPG

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
That is *very* pretty. I prefer the new (old) look over the three stone-ish setting, it really shows off the stone.
1.gif

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
one more.... almost done
9.gif

sukii22.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Last picture!
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for looking and sharing my joy!

Thanks Girlie-girl! I will be sure to tell hubby (*again*) that he did a GREAT JOB!
2.gif

I am thinking of filling the three stone-ish setting with a color stone of some sort.... my next project
31.gif

sukii23.JPG

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo! I also like the solitaire look - really showcases the stone. Darn hubbies!
9.gif

ETA: I think adding a colored stone to your new old setting would be a fabulous idea! I did this with my original e-ring setting. I put a pink tourmaline in it since pink was our color.
1.gif

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Thanks K9!

I am thinking of a ruby... I always really liked that name and wanted to name our daughter (if we have one!) Ruby. Maybe I should hold off to see whether we will have a daughter first! Then possibly turn the other ring into a mother''s ring... that would be sweet! If no daughter and have a son instead, maybe we can use his birth stone
9.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
That looks FANTASTIC! I love the new setting and I especially love how it lets you focus on the stone. Verrrrry pretty! Your hubby did GREAT!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the new szetting, it really shows off your beautiful stone. Your hubby did a great job!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
So BEAUTIFUL. I find it so sweet when it turns out FI/DH''s know us better than we know ourselves. (Rare as it may be!
11.gif
) I can''t believe you ever wanted to re-set in the first place ... but live & learn
9.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I also prefer it in a solitaire setting, lucky you to be able to switch around like that :D

What are the specs, if you don''t mind?

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Heh sorry about jumping in whilst you were still posting the pics, but I couldn''t help myself!
12.gif

I think it''s a wonderful idea to turn the other setting into a mother''s ring. You could use birthstones or the appropriate pink/blue variety, I''ve seen some fabulous sapphires lately!

I love the rest of the photos you posted up and am curious on the stats too. Please do share.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Let your hubby gloat over this ... I prefer his setting as well. The band is more delicate and really let''s the center stone shine! Your 3-stone was a heavier look and the main diamond looked swallowed up in it. (Hey, as much as we hate to admit it, the guy gets it right once in awhile!)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with RXTech - looks much better and that center stone really pops!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
very nice! i prefer this solitaire setting as well! it does a fantastic job of really showcasing your diamond.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the delayed reply, my internet is down so I am responding from my phone (that's how addicted I am!)

Thank you everyone for the compliments! I showed my hubby this link and he is definitely gloating now! But its okay, well deserved hehe :)

My hubby always said, I am that type of girl who goes to a mall, walks the entire mall then ends up buying something at the first store! *tsktsk*

Here are the specs as requested (sorry I should have included it in the original post):

GIA 1.02ct Radiant
VVS2/F
Polish - excellent
Symmetry - good
Flourscence - none
Finger size - 5

Did I miss anything?

Thanks again for your comments! I am so happy to be a part of PS!

ETA: Hubby taking me gemstone shopping tomorrow for the other setting! I will keep you posted on whether I get lucky!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
OOhh is so pretty! I love the original setting and i LOVE the idea of a Ruby!!! (i love that name as well, so sweet). Best of luck with both rubies ;-)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks LOVELY! will you be wearing the same WR with it? pics of both together?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
It''s funny how our tastes change over the years! I do like your solitaire setting, it looks great. Threaten your hubby with another jewelry purchase if he gloats too much
31.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the original (current setting) as well. I have a similar story about the husband being right - my husband really wanted to get me an RB solitiare, but I insisted on picking an asscher. After having the asscher for a year and a half, we swapped it for an RB, and I love it more! So, it just goes to show that they''re right sometimes ;-)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love it. Great choice.

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!! I like it much better

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry for the late reply! My internet was down for days!

Here are some pictures with my wedding band along with some other options with my other bands
26.gif

First one is my ER with my wedding band...

sukii30.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
here is my ER with my eternity band...

sukii31.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
stacked wih ER in middle with eternity on one side and wedding band on other...

sukii32.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
ER with shared prong eternity with channel eternity as "spacer"...

sukii33.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
ok last picture... (sorry for the picture overload!
9.gif
)

ER with shared prong eternity and 2mm spacer... THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!

ETA: I want to update anyone whose following, the rubies I shopped for last week were not nice so I am going to try again this weekend. I''ll keep you posted! Have a great weekend everyone!

sukiinew.JPG

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I, of course, LOVE your radiant!

What are the stats? I prefer the way you have it now too... the side stones on the 3 stonish ring made the center look really small for some reason!

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
thanks so everyone''s compliments!

Here are the stats as requested by LuckyTexan:

Engagement Ring Center: (Blue Nile)
GIA 1.02ct Radiant
VVS2/F
Polish - excellent
Symmetry - good
Flourscence - none
Finger size - 5

New "Old" Setting: (Blue Nile)
approx. 0.20cttw of rounds pave set

3 Stone Setting: (Honora)
approx. 0.75cttw w/ 0.15ct princess sides & 0.45ct tapered baguettes
SI/G

Wedding Band: (Honora)
approx. 0.75cttw of tapered baguettes
SI/G

Channel Eternity Band: (unknown)
approx. 1.0cttw of rounds
SI/H

Share Prong Eternity Band: (Ross Simons)
approx. 1.8cttw of rounds
I1/J

Don''t have the specifics for the bands so approximate should do it
emsmilep.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results