shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby shower game (pick one)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My sisters and I are having a baby shower for our SIL. We need one more game (a sit-down game) that kids can play, too.

The two ideas I have are:

Fill in the Nursery Rhyme (in question form)
"How many bags of wool does black sheep have?"
"What did Jack wrap his head in?"
etc.

Or, Disney questions
"Name the three siblings in Peter Pan"
"What color is Belle''s ball gown?"
etc.

So, which sounds more fun, or harder, etc. The guests will range in age from 5 to 80. Obviously, I will mix harder and easier questions into either game.

Please help...
2.gif

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
I totally vote for the Disney Questions!! (perhaps because I am a HUGE Disney fan) But in all reality, all girls love a little bit of Disney. :) So I vote that!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, why not mix them? Does it have to be one or the other?

MissErin
I do like a little Disney here and there and that corporation has produced some masterpieces for the ages. But much of it is like refined sugar. It rots your teeth if you ingest too much of it and has no ''nutritional'' value.
14.gif
And for a while there, they were turning out one piece of cr@9 after another. Buying Pixar saved their a$$, in my humble opinion. And you''ve got to admire their marketing savvy if nothing else! The ''Tiffany'' of childhood.

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 6:13:49 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Well, why not mix them? Does it have to be one or the other?

MissErin
I do like a little Disney here and there and that corporation has produced some masterpieces for the ages. But much of it is like refined sugar. It rots your teeth if you ingest too much of it and has no ''nutritional'' value.
14.gif
And for a while there, they were turning out one piece of cr@9 after another. Buying Pixar saved their a$$, in my humble opinion. And you''ve got to admire their marketing savvy if nothing else! The ''Tiffany'' of childhood.
Oooooooh go see Enchanted and you may change your mind a bit. It combines the classic Disney with a new clever Disney. :) I fell madly in love with it and perhaps you may too. :) I will never get sick of Disney. I hope to someday even be proposed to at Disneyland and have the honeymoon at DisneyWorld. :)

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Beat ya to it, Erin! I saw it in Lima last week. I LOVED the scene where the rats and cockroaches come to clean the house. Hilarious. Otherwise, I was a bit 'meh?' It seemed too calculated - you know, like a committee sat down and decided what elements would sell, then fit them together. Then again, it was in Spanish, and my Spanish is rusty. :)

Hope you get that Disney proposal! You can never squeeze too much pleasure out of life, so if Disney does it for you, you should enjoy every minute of every movie!

Oops, sorry for the threadjack.
7.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
no problem with the threadjack!!

I don't want to mix the games (nursery rhymes and Disney) because I think it may get too wordy to try to define each question. If the question is about "Jack" in nursery rhymes, you have a limited few. If it's about "Jack" in Disney movies, you really have to get a lot of info in the question before they know who you're talking about.

Also, they're doing the nursery in Classic Pooh. I know I could incorporate some Winnie the Pooh questions in, but I don't know enough to create an entire Pooh game. (would that even be fun?)

And, for the record. I am a Disney fan, too. In fact, I cried when DH gave me one of my gifts this Christmas. He found an old live-action Disney documentary (on VHS) we used to watch when we were dating. (we dated in the late nineties, but the movie is from the sixties) He copied it to DVD and created all the coverart for it. It was so sweet. (yes, even toothache sweet)

I just counted...I have 39 Disney movies....
16.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
here''s another vote for mixing it up

re : enchanted - i saw it and really liked it too and i''m not a huge disney fan. i like the movies i grew up with. i thought the girl who played the princess was fantastic. i think she is the same girl from the movie junebug which is totally undisney movie. i hope she shows up in more movies

ms erin -- i absolutely love your font and pink color writing. it is very cheery. it''s like a little pixie dust is sprinkled with each of your posts.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2008 7:44:12 PM
Author: ringster

re : enchanted - i saw it and really liked it too and i''m not a huge disney fan. i like the movies i grew up with. i thought the girl who played the princess was fantastic. i think she is the same girl from the movie junebug which is totally undisney movie. i hope she shows up in more movies

ms erin -- i absolutely love your font and pink color writing. it is very cheery. it''s like a little pixie dust is sprinkled with each of your posts.
She was in Wedding Crashers, too, I think, and I believe she''s married to the actor (Sasha something) who playe Ali-G and Borat. I loved her in Junebug, haven''t seen Enchanted yet but want to!

Somethingshiny, I vote for mixing it up or doing an all-Pooh related game. Mainly because you have such a wide age-range...

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Sascha Baron-Cohen. The anti-Disney. Note to former self in case of time travel: do not bring visiting mother to see ''Borat'' movie.

Aw, geez, did I just jack this thread AGAIN?!
37.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, IndyGal...I was going to attempt to spell SBC''s full name but I knew I''d get it wrong and was completely too lazy to google him. Thanks!

Definitely no Borat at baby showers, LOL!
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks a bunch. Now, during the entire baby shower, I''m going to be picturing him in his bright green speedo with the sides pulled across his shoulders......
6.gif

I just saw Junebug last night (for the first time.) Um, I actually missed the end 15 minutes. What happened after she went to the hospital and the SIL went to see the artist???

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 7:44:12 PM
Author: ringster

Yes I too LOVED Enchanted. I even went to a Disney experience at the El Capitan theatre where we watched the movie in a beautiful old theatre and then right after went next door to a HUGE tent where all the Disney Princesses were along with games, photo ops, climbing structures, make-up and hair, and set props with the stories. It was MAGICAL!! And I didn''t go just once...oh no...I went TWICE. hehe I''ll try to post a pic below.

Also - Thanks for the sweet comment about my font. :) I love pink so I had to incorperate it which has now kind of become my trademark on here. :) And if it brings pixie dust - even better as I await a proposal. hehe

DSC00535enchanted.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 5:30:55 PM
Author:somethingshiny
My sisters and I are having a baby shower for our SIL. We need one more game (a sit-down game) that kids can play, too.

The two ideas I have are:

Fill in the Nursery Rhyme (in question form)
''How many bags of wool does black sheep have?''
''What did Jack wrap his head in?''
etc.

Or, Disney questions
''Name the three siblings in Peter Pan''
''What color is Belle''s ball gown?''
etc.

So, which sounds more fun, or harder, etc. The guests will range in age from 5 to 80. Obviously, I will mix harder and easier questions into either game.

Please help...
2.gif
I attended a shower that did the Nursery Rhyme thing and it was hard. I think Disney would be easier and fun for all! Have fun and that is sweet you are throwing a shower for your SIL!!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results