shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the leaning wall shelf and reading/feeding area with toys and books. we got so many toys it is crazy, i just put them in the baskets for now. i don't know if i posted this previously but greg's mom sent us a fair amt of his old books and some of his toys, it's so cool that our kid will play with a few toys that greg did 41 years ago!

i might move the little table that is in the first pic over near the chair since a few moms said it was good to have a table next to the feeding chair for your water/food, etc, but i figure we'll see how it goes.

the blankets behind the pillow on the chair were made by my mom. she has knitted 5 blankets so far...i think we are covered!
2.gif

nursery done b PS.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and last one, kind of a cool shot of the crib and wall decal. the decal took us like 3 hours to put up, it was so difficult because it was huge! but it came out pretty well i think. the frog prince in the crib belonged to me... and i love this mobile, it's from PB kids.

some of these shots are really bright due to the light coming in the blinds, but maybe it's just my laptop screen. anyway hope they look ok.

nursery done d PS.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mara- it looks great!

Yep, i think you need something on the wall to the right of the window. Perhaps instead of side by side you can place the prints one above the other so that they mirror the height of the window (love the shutters!)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I think it looks great! I love that tree decal, it really adds something organic to the space. I think the little bird prints will look great at the head of the crib by the window, maybe even on a little white shelf like the one you were thinking of for the other wall.

I love this thread, it''s very inspiring. We won''t have a huge space for a nursery - I think the space we will have is about 7x7, maybe a tad bigger, and it isn''t even a real room, just a space between the bathroom and kitchen. I love how many of you have utilized small spaces so well, I can hardly wait to start myself.

I follow a blog of a mommy in Wisconson, and she has SUCH a good eye for detail. I thought I''d link to her nursery blog entry for even more inspiration, because it''s downright amazing!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mara - your little boy''s nursery looks great. I like the Felix the Cat plush. So cute.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Mara, it looks great! Did you decide to use the PBK bumper after all? I really like the color scheme and the fact that it''s not too themed. I agree about trying the pics stacked on top of each other at the head of the crib to see how it looks. Oh and the decal is so pretty, I really wanted to do one, but our walls are textured, so it wouldn''t work. Great job!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, cute room. I would suggest one of these shelves above the changing table. We have one and it is SO useful. That is where I store all her medicine, hair stuff, and other odds and ends. Also a wipe container fits in it perfectly which is great to keep them in reach for me, out of reach for her. Also I heart this bookcase. I fell in love with it so long ago and found it for really cheap at the outlet. I had DH hang it close to the ground so she can take out/put back books herself. Plus kid''s books are so pretty to look at. We actually have another in her playroom b/c I think it is such a clever way to store her books using wall not floor space.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara - The room looks wonderful!! I love the decal. Where is it from? The first thing I noticed was the green blanket on the crib and then I read that your mom made that. You are so lucky! I want one!!! I also think the froggie on the floor is adorable!

This is the best thread EVER! I went to the beginning and saw all of the great Etsy prints, so now I'm browsing Etsy for baby stuff. I came across this print, which is sooooo adorable. [Oops - next post.]

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Mara~The room looks great!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, what a pretty room!

LV-those prints are so cute!

I love looking at baby/kid stuff.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So cute Mara, I love it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww i had this huge post and my IE crashed! lets see what i can remember. thanks gals for the sweet words. i really love the room, it's so peaceful. i wanted something that was not too baby or too 'boy', i think it turned out well. i like going into it and just looking around. i hope he likes it too.

steph, yep that is the PBK eli elephant bumper, i love it, it's so cute! i am glad i kept it, i was really waffling. i decided not to use a crib skirt since the crib is pretty streamlined and not a lot of hardware shows.

tacori... i love the shelving you posted. the collectors are actually on my registry, but i think that the holman shelf from regular PB would work better for under the prints given the space there: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/holman-shelf

i think they are 12" deep but i like that they are thin so that i could put a lot of stuff on it but not take up too much room. the 2nd link you posted, i love that one! i actually was thinking of one behind the door in the room but i was thinking that if it wasn't close to the floor he wouldn't be able to reach the books.

also we are not sure how long we'll be in this house, it might be another 2 years max and if so then i didn't want to get too crazy with wall storage we wouldn't be sure to take with us. also PBK has some super cute new Catalina bookcases that i have been coveting, i really like how affordable their Catalina line is given the quality! i am so jealous we don't have an outlet near here!

LV those prints are so cute. Etsy has the cutest kid stuff, and I like that it's not stuff you see at every store locally too. i got our bird prints there and the wall decal. my mom LOVES to knit, she has made the kid some really cute hats, one of which i want to use for baby pictures, and she made him some cute knitted pants that are like ones i used to wear when i was a baby!

MP..7x7 is not too small to make a cute space! i loved looking on some of the blogs too, i think apartment therapy had a smallish nursery section i looked at as well. our room is not TINY at 10x10 but i def wish it was bigger and could hold more 'playroom' kind of stuff too eventually, but maybe we'll be in a diff house in a few years.

wall decal: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37274206
i liked that it was not too girlie and too expensive, it's $55 when most of the ones i found that were this big were $100. we got it in white.

re: putting more prints on the wall...i like the idea of the vertical prints, but my girlfriend also noted if we wanted to put 'family' photos or any baby photos up that would be a good wall to use...so i might just leave it blank for now and see what we come up with in the first few months. i have 2-3 extra framed bird prints though, maybe for the bathroom.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, I am jealous you guys have a C&B outlet. The PB outlet near me has a huge selection but if you are looking for something specific it is hit or miss. I think I got the library bookcase for $40. SOLD! I would have bought more if they had them. They have a section for kids stuff. Lots of furniture as well.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I finally have some pics to share. Neither room is finished (we re-did T's room to re-use some of her furniture in Kade's room) but here is what we have so far. First up, Tayva's room.

ETA:I bought new shelves in white to go above the dresser but DH has yet to put them up!
16.gif

trmpc3.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
View of her new crib. Her new nightstand should be here this weekend.

troompic1.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Last pic-wall with storage unit my grandpa made as a gift.

troompic2.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Now, Kade's room. View from door. It's still a work in progress....

Forgot to mention that the wall color we just kept from when it was a guest bedroom before and I think it works well.

kadermpc5.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Burk, love T's room! The colors are so cute and I adore the storage unit!

ETA: Ooops, didn't mean to interrupt your pictures
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
These nursery pics are sooo cute!!! Burk- love T's new crib!! Can I ask, where is it from?
1.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Kade's crib. The end table from T's room will be going on the right (with the lamp that's sitting on the floor on it
21.gif
)

Oh, and Tayva had to be a part of the photo shoot so that's her in the crib!

kadermpic1.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Close up of the super cheap bedding I found on Amazon.

kadermpc2.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Boring pic of changing table since the shelves aren''t hung yet....love that DH''s timeline doesn''t quite line up with mine!
2.gif

kadrmpc3.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Last one. I promise! This is the rug I found on sale at this random shop here in town. I couldn''t believe how perfect it was!

kadermpc4.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 8:42:12 PM
Author: steph72276
Burk, love T''s room! The colors are so cute and I adore the storage unit!

ETA: Ooops, didn''t mean to interrupt your pictures
1.gif
Thanks Steph!! My grandpa based it off of the storage unit I liked from Pottery Barn and I think he did well!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 8:42:17 PM
Author: Dani
These nursery pics are sooo cute!!! Burk- love T''s new crib!! Can I ask, where is it from?
1.gif
Thanks Dani! The crib is from Walmart!
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
Oh...that''s such a cute rug.
I love the animal prints on it.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Omgosh, I love the rug! It''s SO cute!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lili and MP! I thought it was a little crazy posting a pic of just the rug but I love it so much!
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results