shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
mandy that is one fine decorating job! and for 1K. nothing short of spectacular. such a perfect home for your little fellows.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine I LOVE your boy''s nursery. It is perfect. Thanks for linking the older threads too. It was fun to go back and see DD''s nursery so empty. Ha! You should see it now.
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori ,I am glad you posted because I was looking at the original nurseries thread and I love that picture you posted for your bedding (and inspiration)... where did that furniture in that photo come from? It was like 2 tone white and brown? I love that whole nursery actually, super cute! And so funny you say that about the room being full now. At first I was like ''oh I don''t need to get any toy storage right now, he won''t have any toys!''...but I guess we should mentally plan for that too.

Mand...I spent some quality time on Etsy last nite looking at some of the artwork, I love the order of the management too but the critters are my fave. There are also some really cute bird prints from ''barkingbirdshop'' I think it''s called. I bookmarked it. Gotta figure out what the rest of the room will look like but super cute stuff on there.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone!!! You''re all so, so, so sweet
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

I can''t believe there will be two little ones in there before the Holidays! It''s just crazy because I already see Christmas stuff all over the stores....and by then my boys will be a few weeks old!!

I want to see more nurseries! So don''t be shy!!. You can also post ideas for your nurseries!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine~Adorable nursery!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Burk! Not as adorable as your avatar!!
9.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I love your nursery madarine..so much detail and love put into it! I love the hugging monkeys!

..and where did you find the adorable wall art (3 framed pictures).

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Janine!!!

I added the link to the Etsy seller I got the art from (it should be on Page 1)

Etsy just has the cutest stuff...I could be on that site for ever and ever browsing away!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Just wasted my morning on the etsy site!

Anyway, curious what size frame you used for that critter set? Everything just looks so perfect, I love it!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 4:28:03 PM
Author: Mandarine
Thank you Burk! Not as adorable as your avatar!!
9.gif
You''re too sweet! Thanks.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Janine, I''d have to measure them, but they are from Ikea (Ribba). I couldn''t use the mat that came with the frame...so I opted for putting the picture right on top of the mat, which still looks fine :D

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great! We are going to start painting ours this weekend! YAY!

I love your curtains. Where did you get them?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!
The curtains are def one of my favorite things in the room! We got them at Ikea!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 11:40:35 AM
Author: Mara
Tacori ,I am glad you posted because I was looking at the original nurseries thread and I love that picture you posted for your bedding (and inspiration)... where did that furniture in that photo come from? It was like 2 tone white and brown? I love that whole nursery actually, super cute! And so funny you say that about the room being full now. At first I was like ''oh I don''t need to get any toy storage right now, he won''t have any toys!''...but I guess we should mentally plan for that too.

Sorry, I do not remember. Maybe walmart.com? That is where I ended up buying my bedding. I thought about going with a two tone crib like in the picture but was worried it was too trendy. I got a faux dark brown leather tote from Target where I keep her stuffed animals and dolls. Also ended up getting two small espresso side tables at Target too. I added PBK''s library bookshelf and their collector''s shelf over the changing table. It is *perfect* for holding wipes, lotion and baby medicine. Besides that most of her toys are in our family room or her play room.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I found this one for now, of course this was also before we had the baby, so there more in there now! My mom made the quilt out of receiving blankets that match the bedding set, and it''s now hanging on the opposite wall. I''ll try to get some more pics up next week of the other parts of the room.

I want to see more baby rooms too!

kylecrib.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
What a cute quilt MG!!!

I want to see more rooms too!!!!

Come on girls, don't be shy!.

Last night I purchased this print from Etsy..I just fell in love with these funny birds

9.gif

il_430xN.87266612.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and it will go on top of this hamper from World Market...which will be to the left of the closet.

I felt like the room needed some brown since the glider is an upholstered brown chair...so I needed something to contrast that in the room.

I hope it looks good when it''s all in there!

pCPWM-5902179v300x300.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am in love with these bird prints... there are a bunch of them, like 20. bird on a tractor. bird on a scooter. birds reading books. i just love their expressions. i didn't want to 'theme' out the room but i like so many of these. also these don't totally GO with our colors which are brown, blue, green, white....but they won't clash either. and i like the modern vibe and it's masculine too. jury is kind of out... my 2nd fave are your critter prints mand.

barking bird.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 9:50:20 AM
Author: Mandarine
What a cute quilt MG!!!

I want to see more rooms too!!!!

Come on girls, don''t be shy!.

Last night I purchased this print from Etsy..I just fell in love with these funny birds

9.gif
I love this print!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
MG, your mom is so talented! I wish I had sewing skills!

Love all the artwork posted! I have been scouring the internet looking for some cute artwork for our nursery. I swear, I spent the whole time Andrew was at preschool one day looking at etsy! Anyway, I finally found some super cute artwork at Posh Tots. The room is already painted sort of a brown color (not as dark as a chocolate, but darker than tan) and I don't want to redo it, so our colors are going to be blue, white and brown. Since we chose this, our bedding from Andrew is perfect. It was from Pottery Barn in 2004 and is just mostly white with 2 shades of blue running through it...super cute and simple. The paintings come with your choice of ribbon, so I ordered it with a slate blue ribbon. I think it will be really cute.

The crib is ordered and should be shipped by next week. I already have all the other furniture I saved from Andrew's nursery. So the only other things I need to order are some cute letters to spell out his name above the changing table and a roman shade. Oh and also a cute side table. Then the room should be complete. I am hoping to finish it by the end of Oct. so I can relax around the holidays!

Here is a link to the pictures I ordered (I ordered 2 different ones from the group):http://www.poshtots.com/Bedding/Themes-for-Either/Just-Ducky/Dancing-Monkey-Giclee-Print/15/2567/1295/14304/PoshProductDetail.aspx

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine is that table lamp/nightlight from ikea?? I love it!

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine ~ I absolutely love your nursery! It is so clean and modern. I especially love the critter pictures. I saw those on Etsy, too.

We were going to do a forest theme (owls), but our nursery has ended up with an understated dog theme. We wanted to incorporate our dog since we are hoping she and the baby will be the best of friends. We have all of the major stuff done, just need to do the fun decorating!

Here is the crib. Baby Mod Cadence from Walmart.com and only $219! This wall is a shade darker than the others, not sure if you can tell in the pics.

nrocrib.JPG

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Okay, no idea what happened! We have a new computer and I am having trouble uploading my pics. Will try again later.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Okay, trying again. Here is the crib hopefully.

nrocrib1-1.JPG

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Here is the dresser / changing table and the glider. Don''t love the looks of the glider, but it is really comfy! BTW, our carpet is gray. It looks beige in the pictures.

nro2.JPG

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
We got this storage cube from Target for odds and ends. Will put pics of the baby on the shelves.

nro3.jpg

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
This is the only artwork we have so far. It''s from Etsy and I love it!

nro4.jpg

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
And finally (for now), I want to get a monogram wall decal like this to put above his crib.

nro5.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I love those funny birds too!...They''ve always made me smile
9.gif

Sunkist, the night light is from ikea and they had it in different colors!

Steph, those dancing monkeys are so cute and fun!!!!

Indy, your furniture looks amazing!. Nothing like the baby mod cribs right?
2.gif
You just can''t beat the price and they look really great!. I love the dog prints you chose! So classy yet very cute!. I love the storage cube unit!...great find!!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the birdy set from John Golden since it matches our theme--thanks for the recommendation Madarine! We didn't buy our house until after the LO was here and never did get anything up on the walls!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results