shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby names you hate

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Growing up one of my classmates was named Temper. Her mom was Bunni and her sister was something else odd..Temper, Bunni and ugh it's bugging me to have forgotten! I think it was Cheri (pronounced Cherry).

Seriously, why?!

Same goes for names like Candy, etc. and nicknames as first names (which my own parents did to "be different").

Name your kid something that won't doom their ability to be taken seriously in the professional world, yeesh!

missjae

Shiny_Rock
blacksand|1315863022|3016016 said:
I've only ever heard Jackie O's name pronounced Jack-uh-lynn or Jack-leen, but I can't say I've ever heard her personally say her own name. She never accepted my invitations, lol. Well, that's a whole new way to pronounce the name I just learned about, so thanks for teaching me.

So are you saying that in Quebecois French the letters "que" actually make a "kwuh" sound? That I've definitely never heard before. My friends from Montreal don't say it that way, but maybe other parts of Quebec do? I'm sorry if I'm coming of as argumentative; that's not my intention, I'm just genuinely curious. Linguistics is kind of my thing, I find this stuff fascinating.

No, Quebecois French does not pronounce "que" as kwuh, I'm not sure how it came to be that Jacqueline is pronounced that way but that pronunciation commonly accompanies the "Jacqueline" spelling. Like I mentioned before there isn't much emphasis on the "kwuh" you can look at is as saying "Jack-wuh-lynn" as well, the "kwuh" or "wuh" is not very exaggerated. Anyway...I didn't intend for this to high-jack the thread. I didn't realize the way we pronounce it was such an odd thing. And that is all...I'm done now!! Carry on :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't yet read this whole thread but just wanted to say when my sister was pregnant with her first child she wouldn't tell anyone the name as she didn't want any criticisms of the name she and her dh had chosen (they chose both girl and boy names as they didn't find out the sex of the baby till the birth). Fast forward to the birth and the disclosing of the name. I hated it LOL and was glad she didn't tell me because though it is none of my business I have a problem not sharing my thoughts sometimes (heck all the time who am I kidding). And wouldn't you know it now that my niece is 5 years old I love her name! Moral of the story for me is that it isn't the name that makes the person but vice versa. Not sure I said that right but hopefully you guys get what I mean. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results