shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby fever

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So what do you ladies do when you get baby fever? I am getting it big time. I cuddle with my kitten and remind myself that he is a baby and cheaper and he can use the bathroom by himself haha

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I are both very clucky.
We just keep reminding ourselves of all the things we want to achieve individually and as a couple before we start trying for children. We are still atleast 10 years off but it gives us something to lok forward to
1.gif

By the way smurfy, you look beautiful in your dp.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just went on a red eye flight from Las Vegas with a 2 year old who decided that would be an awesome time for the mother of all temper tantrums. FF told me right then and there it knocked back a couple of years on the baby front.
2.gif

Honestly though, I just remind myself of all the things I want to do. Once we have a baby, going out, travelling... all of that stuff becomes a lot harder, if not impossible. I ask myself if I am unselfish enough to have a baby any time soon, and the answer is a resounding no.

I want to be in a position where I am HAPPY to give up a bar night/vacation/etc.. for my kid. Right now, I''d really rather be doing my own thing.

But my nieces are cute as heck! And I can give them back when I''m done!
3.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
LOL - my advice is to steer well clear of the TTC thread: it will make it much worse.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Smurfy-

Girl, ENJOY yourself. Kids are great, but there is a time and a place for everything and it will never be all about you and your FI/DH again. Take this time to enjoy sleeping in and cuddling with him, taking spontaneous trips or even just going out to dinner at the last minute. Do you like good wine, soft cheese, coffee on a cold winter''s morning, hot baths, lots of peanut butter, fitting into your skinny jeans? These things go out the window when you are even preggo. Then- how about quiet time? Travelling to new places? Dinner at 8 pm or later? Spontaneous sex on the couch? Last minute happy hours? Not so much when the kiddies arrive.

Read a book called The Bright Side of Disaster by Katherine Center. It''s a great, easy read, but my mom said it''s one of the most realistic and honest portrayals of how hard being a mother is in the first year and it scared me off for awhile! I know there''s a payoff, but take your time!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang out in the mommy thread. We are VERY honest
2.gif
Might scare you straight.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Get a puppy
25.gif

It''s like a baby (poop, vomit, crying in the middle of the night for no discernable reason!) but for a much shorter time. I love my puppy, but next time I am adopting a grown-up dog! (or so I tell myself...)

Babysit.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chinacat--GREAT POST!

Smurfy--I just remind myself of all the little luxuries I currently enjoy, and of how much easier life will be if we give ourselves a bit more time to prepare for our future babies (save up some more reserves, put the addition on our house before the kiddos come, et cetera).
It will pass. It always does for me, at least.

ETA: I love your new picture, Smurfy!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Smurfy-I get it bad sometimes too, all of FI''s friends are parents or about to be so it''s hard to be the only ''non-parent'' couple sometimes. THOUGH- the other day though, FI and I had just gotten a new couch and new family room things. Our friend''s child stepped in my new wicker basket and when we tried to eat dinner, he wouldn''t even let his mom and dad eat. Haha-that made me realize I don''t want kiddies for a few more years
21.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
haha thank you for all the compliments on my picture guys! I took that before I had an interview the other morning :)

Me and fi have a book of all the things we want to do before we die. A lot of them would be impossible to do with kids lol so this also helps curb my baby fever. The point of having the book was to show our kids (when we do have them) that they can do anything and should make sure to do everything they want to do before they die as well. So far we haven''t gotten much on the list done but that happens when you can''t afford to do anything haha

But then other times he''ll be like we should try to have a baby a month or two before the wedding so youll still fit in your dress but then we can start a family right away and then i get all excited. But then I remind myself that I want to have our own home before we have kids too. It''s such a catch22!!!!! Also I''d like to be able to have wine at the wedding hahahah

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Worst idea ever! Morning sickness + wedding day (and honeymoon) = NO fun!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 8:16:03 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Worst idea ever! Morning sickness + wedding day (and honeymoon) = NO fun!
Ditto.

I'm 17 weeks today and have had morning sickness since week 5 and still going strong. The honeymoon would have been MUCH improved by my not feeling like I'd run a marathon most days - and actually wanting to eat things!

Trust me, I have felt so lousy this pregnancy I have told DH never again already!

ETA: Morning sickness has to be the stupidest name ever invented. It is NOT feeling icky at 7.00am, throwing up once and being fine by 9.30am (or at least not for a lot of people).

We are talking feeling icky 24/7 and throwing up most of the day and night - in my case non-stop until my GP stuck me on some meds. Then I just felt icky all the time instead! I couldn't go into food shops or even open the fridge for weeks it made me so ill.

The tiredness is also something that you cannot imagine until you are there - a wedding in the first trimester would be a nightmare unless you have an amazing co-ordinator and all you have to do is turn up on the day!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 8:45:38 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Honestly though, I just remind myself of all the things I want to do. Once we have a baby, going out, travelling... all of that stuff becomes a lot harder, if not impossible. I ask myself if I am unselfish enough to have a baby any time soon, and the answer is a resounding no.

I want to be in a position where I am HAPPY to give up a bar night/vacation/etc.. for my kid. Right now, I''d really rather be doing my own thing.
This is exactly how I feel. Whenever I feel like I want to have kids really soon I remind myself that only in the last couple of years did I feel unselfish enough to truly want to share my life with another person. I know that at this point I''m not ready to give up easy travel and planning weekends by the seats of our pants.

The other thing that keeps my baby fever in check is remembering that FI is 4 years younger than me and just graduated college. I want him to be able to have some fun in his early 20s like I did and enjoy being a young, independent adult.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I am having MAJOR baby fever..SHHHHH don''t tell FI!!
2.gif

He wants to have a baby by 35.. he is 31 now.
i actually have been convincing myself lately that i will not be able to have children.... no reason to think this other than the fact that i am crazy!! my mom went through "the change" at 35 so i feel like my clock is ticking like crazy! i am 29 now.. most of my friends are engaged/married/just having children now so i am pretty on schedule and no longer think of kids has a hindrance.. i am actually really excited for the chance to be as great of a mother is.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like EVERY woman I know was convinced she would have fertility problems. Point is, don''t worry until you have something to worry about.
2.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 3:33:49 PM
I feel like EVERY woman I know was convinced she would have fertility problems. Point is, don''t worry until you have something to worry about.
2.gif
i feel like i know so many women these days who have major issues conceiving... my cousin just went through this . so i sat with my doctor for a good hour and cried to him about my fears... i am sure he was thinking that he had a major loon on his hands but i have been terrified! i went through a phase where i didn''t want children.. and now that i am getting married it has become VERY important to me.... my doctor actually said EXACTLY what you just said
2.gif
believe me...i am trying

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 3:41:32 PM
Author: cbs102

2.gif
i feel like i know so many women these days who have major issues conceiving... my cousin just went through this . so i sat with my doctor for a good hour and cried to him about my fears... i am sure he was thinking that he had a major loon on his hands but i have been terrified! i went through a phase where i didn''t want children.. and now that i am getting married it has become VERY important to me.... my doctor actually said EXACTLY what you just said
2.gif
believe me...i am trying

I know it is hard but trust me. It took my mom 2 years to get preggo with my older sister. That combined with my long history of cysts I was CONVINCED it would take me a long time. I got preggo the first month we tried. So you REALLY don''t know you will have problems. What a good doctor you have to spend an hour with you. I am impressed!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 4:10:15 PM

Date: 12/9/2008 3:41:32 PM

2.gif
2.gif
believe me...i am trying

I know it is hard but trust me. It took my mom 2 years to get preggo with my older sister. That combined with my long history of cysts I was CONVINCED it would take me a long time. I got preggo the first month we tried. So you REALLY don''t know you will have problems. What a good doctor you have to spend an hour with you. I am impressed!
thanks tacori! i know all this i am just such a worrier!!!!! yeah, my doc rocks..but i am a hypercondriac so i know him well!!!
1.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I borrow my friend''s children for a bit.

That cures it in no time!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 8:45:38 AM
Author: elledizzy5
DITTO!!!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
holy crap... I didn''t think it would ever happen to me, but I have baby fever too. Intense! We had been planning to just adopt, as I never have felt that I needed to have bio kids. However, international adoption would prove quite tricky during my residency which is crazy schedule and little time off. So I think we''re going to try to get knocked up in 9 or 10 months
6.gif
My hubby is happy too, because he was really hoping for one bio kid and then to adopt after that. Can''t say I''m looking forward to pregnancy, but OH how I want a baby! I think Christmas is making the baby craving much worse for me. Kids and Christmas are just magical, and we don''t have any kids in the immediate family.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Short answer: I had a baby.

Long answer: I got baby fever last year. It was probably February. I had always been on the fence about having kids so I let it stew. I got so obsessed with getting pregnant, being pregnant and having a child. I secretly loved hearing about all of the celebrities that were pregnant and was sort of jealous when a friend of mine announced she was pregnant - with twins.

I finally told my husband, got off the pill and got pregnant right away - we found out about the pregnancy in early November. James is 5.5 months old now and he is the light of our lives. My husband loves children and has always wanted them so he didn''t even have to think about it.

I agree with Tacori though - come hang out in the mommies thread and read our L&D stories - it can be a pretty scary ride!

Diva

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Morning fever, hah! I threw up 5-7 times a day, EVERY SINGLE DAY for 7 months. I was actually still throwing up in the delivery room. Apparently I broke a blood vessel from all the barfing and threw up a little blood. The nurse took one look and flew out of there to grab the doctor like a bat out of hell. It''s funny now, but not so humorous then
20.gif

Did I mention the 31 hours of back labor (Lamaze did nothing for the pain) and the subsequent C-Section at 4 a.m. with an anethesiologist and surgeon that I''d never set eyes on before.

Yeah, babies...tons of fun.
40.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 11:03:07 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Morning fever, hah! I threw up 5-7 times a day, EVERY SINGLE DAY for 7 months. I was actually still throwing up in the delivery room. Apparently I broke a blood vessel from all the barfing and threw up a little blood. The nurse took one look and flew out of there to grab the doctor like a bat out of hell. It''s funny now, but not so humorous then
20.gif

Did I mention the 31 hours of back labor (Lamaze did nothing for the pain) and the subsequent C-Section at 4 a.m. with an anethesiologist and surgeon that I''d never set eyes on before.

Yeah, babies...tons of fun.
40.gif

Some people never have morning sickness, I never did. Never threw up once. I was only lightheaded a few times. No hard labor either for me. My daughter came within 3 hours. I was very lucky. See, there are people who do have easy pregnancies and deliveries.
9.gif
Now I only have one child. Who knows what would have happened, if I had another one HA!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Babysit.

32.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I have my nephews with me this weekend...this will certainly keep the baby fever at bay!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2008 2:39:59 PM
I am having MAJOR baby fever..SHHHHH don''t tell FI!!
2.gif

He wants to have a baby by 35.. he is 31 now.
i actually have been convincing myself lately that i will not be able to have children.... no reason to think this other than the fact that i am crazy!! my mom went through ''the change'' at 35 so i feel like my clock is ticking like crazy! i am 29 now.. most of my friends are engaged/married/just having children now so i am pretty on schedule and no longer think of kids has a hindrance.. i am actually really excited for the chance to be as great of a mother is.
So does my DH, thing is he''s already 33!
6.gif
I''m only 26, and 99% of the time am totally NOT on board with the whole TTC thing, EXCEPT when he brings it up. He mentioned it before actually... that he''d like to be a dad in two years time (we were discussing getting one of our fox terriers pregnant with a litter, YES that is how he got onto the topic of kids for us, weirdo
40.gif
). I told him that would probably mean starting to try early 2010, and he''s all for it. Just the thought of him being a dad is wonderful to me, but I can''t imagine changing our hectic but fun lifestlye with few ties other than each other, the house and the dogs! I mentioned that I hoped our house would be paid off entirely prior to kids, and he said he''d based our whole financial plan around making sure that happens. The man wants a baby! It''s just remarkable how rapidly my feelings on the matter change between me thinking about it alone and then having the discussion with him. I love our life the way it is and always would enjoy life with him if we never have children, but I know parenthood would be amazing too.

Right now though, I''m sitting in my orderly house with its spotless kitchen and clean floors, watching the dogs put themselves to bed... life''s good like this for now
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results