shape
carat
color
clarity

B-Day Present from my Mom :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I just got this in the mail from my mom for my upcoming birthday. It''s a chunky tumbled amethyst necklace - no fancy cutting or whatnot - but I really like it and thought I''d share. I had a hard time getting photos that show the color well. The stone is a deep saturated purple, so when the light is just reflecting off they look pretty dark. But, get the light shining at the right angle (especially out in the sun, which went down before I could get photos), and the purple really pops. I actually like that the color is a bit more subtle in most lights, because it makes the necklace very wearable with a lot of different outfits. I paired it with a green top and cardigan today.
1.gif

IMG_3348small.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Under the aerogarden lights... this is more what the color looks like out in the sun, though the thread holes are not nearly as obvious most of the time.
3.gif

IMG_3358small.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo...lovely!

I love that they''re knotted on purple cord, too!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty color. Thanks for sharing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She will love it. Great color.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Very nice present!! I love the colour!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and I like that it''s very wearable and not too chunky. Amethyst is one of my favourites.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
It's very pretty, I love the color. How long is it? I would totally wrap it around my wrist three times and wear it as a bracelet too.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a very nice Birthday present. Good call on your Mom''s part. Congrats!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.
1.gif
Burberry, it's a little over 18", which would normally go around my wrist 3x without problem, but it doesn't quite make it - too chunky. If I left it at 2 wraps it would fall right off, unfortunately. It might be for the best, because I would hate to crack or chip the stones by banging it into something like the klutz I sometimes am.

I really do love the color. It made me smile when I opened it, because purple was always my faaaavorite color as a little girl. As I got older I tended more towards green for a long time, and now as an adult I just love both. My mom, however, has always remembered my purple love and would point purple things out to me when shopping. I'm LOVING this season's colors - I just bought two sweaters this weekend, one green and one purple - haha.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a fun and lovely birthday gift
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting point about loving PURPLE as a child. Me too. Then Blue became my favorite color, followed by purple.

I wonder if most men pick PRIMARY colors as their favorite color as a child??? Most women don''t seem to pick a primary as their first favorite color.

Any thoughts??

Kay

Ideal_Rock
What a cool gift -- love the color!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful birthday present from your Mom! I love the color of the stones.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
What a very nice and thoughtful gift!

How heavy is that necklace? It looks very substantial!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love the color! It really pops with your green sweater! What a nice gift!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results