carat
color
clarity

Awkward Social Situations

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy your curry fix @dk168

I'm excited that you get to do the things you like again!

I once knew this girl (in my younger days when I had more patience) who would badger me to meet up with her. As soon as I agreed and asked her what date she would like, she'd be all "Oh I have to check my schedule, I'm so busy etc etc" and I'm like "Dude I don't really even want to see you anyway!!!"

My sister went through the same thing with a girl who badgered her repeatedly on Facebook to meet up. After about a year my sister relented and agreed to meet up. The day before they were due to meet up she gets a message from this girl saying: Oh I've changed my mind I'm too busy to go out. Maybe another time.

Now Lil Sis does not enjoy conflict so she refused to tell this girl off (I REALLY wanted her to tell this girl off). What she did let me do was to send this girl the most ridiculous excuses after that.

Girl (about once a month): Let's meet up I miss you

Excuses we've used:

My sister won't let me
I have to clean my sister's house
My sister has a headache and needs to be waited on
My sister is having a meltdown
I'm going out with my sister
My sister took all my money

I am fascinated as to why she persists!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no longer in speaking terms with my elder sister, she excommunicated the family after my dad died back in 2005, and I stopped communicating with her since 2002 after a fall out (she had not speak to my brother since 1989!).

Before we fell out, whenever she was back in UK (she was high flyer dashing around the globe la de da!), she would expect me to drop everything to meet up with her at her choosing.

I was not living in London at the time, so a trip up to the Big Smoke was not that easy as it involved a 7h round trip where I was living and working at the time, and did not have a base in London.

Can't stand her since my teens, so no big loss that we have fallen out.

DK :))

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah doing stuff solo is a new world for me and I'm proud of myself for going out for dinner (take a book!) and going to the movies alone. It's definitely difficult in situations where chatting is required - to break into existing groups etc. Fortunately mobile phones offer distraction so I just find a quiet corner & read PS or browse Instagram until interval is over.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results