shape
carat
color
clarity

Awesome Mahenge Spinel, plus potentially help some Puppies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I know many of our gem lovers are also animal lovers - I noticed this on Gene's blog and thought it was a pretty cool idea.

I can't afford to bid myself, but thought it would be great if it went to a PS'er!

If you go to Precision Gem, than look under "Blog" is all the info.

Basically Gene has cut an awesome cushion Mahenge, and is auctioining it off with the proceeds to go towards Puppy Mill awareness

I have chatted with Gene about his passion for this topic before, and thought it would be nice to raise a lil awareness for a great cause (plus of course ogle some gorgeous new eye candy!).

The Spinel in question:
Good luck to anyone that decides to bid!

mahenge 946.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this AJ! How sweet of Gene.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 11:33:20 PM
Author: szh07
Thanks for posting this AJ! How sweet of Gene.

My pleasure szh - if I were in the position, I would be bidding myself as it''s my favourite - a cushion!
Plus of course is a very worthy cause.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, and what a nice idea.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
You beat me to it AJ...saw the blog tonight and have already submitted my bid!
16.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s gorgeous! I wish I could bid - what a great cause

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous stone....offered by a great cutter.....for a wonderful cause!

mz

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 12:04:19 AM
Author: DianaBanana
16.gif

ah that''s great news Diana - I do hope you win it
36.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Awesome idea! Thank you for posting this....I usually check Gene''s blog, but haven''t yet tonight.

Lori

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
one gorgeous spinel. I hope a PSer get it
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 12:38:05 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 10/27/2009 12:04:19 AM
Author: DianaBanana
16.gif

ah that''s great news Diana - I do hope you win it
36.gif
Ditto. Gorgeous stone, and very generous of Gene.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Wouldn''t that make an awesome pendant halo''d with white diamonds? It''s so pretty! I hope one of us gets it!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
This is a gorgeous stone. I am on the list but gave up on getting one after waiting for an age. I just bought something really similar and spent the rest of my spinel budget. But I hope a nice PSer gets this beauty!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have bid on it if I haven't my current pear. I applaude Gene for doing this for an excellent cause. I'm in PA too and I'm aware of the puppy mill situation here.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 8:24:17 AM
Author: Chrono
I would have bid on it if I haven''t my current pear. I applaude Gene for doing this for an excellent cause. I''m in PA too and I''m aware of the puppy mill situation here.

I had no idea about the practice/situation until Gene bought it up with me prior in conversation Chrono.
It does sound like it''s really bad there in particular.

However, I have often heard of these elusive "puppy farms" in the Eastern States of Aus where apparently all the larger stores etc get their pups. I was under the impression they were just really crappy breeders - I hope it is not the same situation here.
7.gif

I''m glad though lots of PS''ers are interested in the gem and the cause!
36.gif

Diana, I think it will make a beautiful *anything*, lol...
5.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 8:36:14 AM

Date: 10/27/2009 8:24:17 AM
Author: Chrono
I would have bid on it if I haven''t my current pear. I applaude Gene for doing this for an excellent cause. I''m in PA too and I''m aware of the puppy mill situation here.

I had no idea about the practice/situation until Gene bought it up with me prior in conversation Chrono.
It does sound like it''s really bad there in particular.

However, I have often heard of these elusive ''puppy farms'' in the Eastern States of Aus where apparently all the larger stores etc get their pups. I was under the impression they were just really crappy breeders - I hope it is not the same situation here.
7.gif

I''m glad though lots of PS''ers are interested in the gem and the cause!
36.gif

Diana, I think it will make a beautiful *anything*, lol...
5.gif
I haven''t read how puppy mills operate and I think I''ll leave that for another day.
7.gif
But I''ve read conditions in Aust is pretty bad too for the puppies and one should never get a puppy from a pet store.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 8:50:00 AM
Author: Lovinggems

I haven''t read how puppy mills operate and I think I''ll leave that for another day.
7.gif
But I''ve read conditions in Aust is pretty bad too for the puppies and one should never get a puppy from a pet store.

Yes I''ve heard a bit LG but haven''t yet found the level of detail like the puppy mill site in the US
38.gif

I agree though, I''m sure its just as bad here - infact I have known of some sick pups that were purchased from unscrupulous stores here in the past by family/friends (unwittingly of course).
7.gif

When we finally do get a pup we will be buying the correct way or adopting for sure.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful! Fingers crossed that it goes to a PS''er.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stone and for a wonderful cause!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 9:10:40 AM

Date: 10/27/2009 8:50:00 AM
Author: Lovinggems

7.gif

Yes I''ve heard a bit LG but haven''t yet found the level of detail like the puppy mill site in the US
38.gif

I agree though, I''m sure its just as bad here - infact I have known of some sick pups that were purchased from unscrupulous stores here in the past by family/friends (unwittingly of course).
7.gif

When we finally do get a pup we will be buying the correct way or adopting for sure.
That''s a good idea to get one from a reputable breeder or the RSPCA. I better turn my computer off else I''ll be tempted to read about the puppy mills before bedtime.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cudos to Gene for doing this. What a beautiful stone too. I hope a PS''er wins it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up in PA (and am still there), and I knew of puppy mills early on, and they make me so angry I could just cry!

I''m a huge fan of adopting and fostering adult dogs, especially in current times when many people are giving up their pets due to costs (which is another soapbox for another time). I actual prefer adopting adult dogs to buying puppies. Often time the dogs are already house trained and vaccinated/neutered, have a set and known personality, and are less demanding of you and more of a mellow companion. They can be a little skittish if they suffered abuse, but it just takes a little patience and love to win them over and give them a good home.

I''m also a huge fan of that spinel, needless to say!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone and so nice of Gene to try to do something toward helping with the puppy mill problem.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and what a great way to raise awareness!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Stone, and i love the bubble gum pink color! man I sure hope one of you gets it
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Amazing stone and great cause.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Puppy mills make me so
29.gif
I sent Gene a note to say how wonderful it was to see businesses support community causes.

not to go off topic but here are my two furbabies. They make me
9.gif
japanese shiba and black lab. The lab is a puppy in the photo. She is now 60lbs and the shiba is only 14lbs.

girlsSarahfurbabies.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a mouthwatering stone and a great cause
36.gif
. I''m originally from Missouri and they also have a big puppymill problem. We don''t have furry pets (I''m allergic), but it still makes me to tar and feather those PM Owners when I see what those animals go through.

-A

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting this, AJ! I have not delved into the colored stone world yet, but when I do, I now know where I will be looking for my first one. Kudos to Gene for bringing awareness to the disgusting practices of puppy mills.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results