shape
carat
color
clarity

Awe, dad!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m feeling all warm and fuzzy inside! My parents have been divorced since I was in hs, and my dad and I were never close, but I''ve always stayed with him when I visit home. He''s always made sure to have a room for me, which I really appreciated as a college student who would spend summers at home, and we''ve gotten a lot closer recently. Unfortunately, when I officially moved out, I took my double bed with me, and he only had a single bed in "my" room since then.

So I was a little worried that when I got married, we wouldn''t be able to stay with my dad, or else it would be really uncomfortable. My dad had been making comments about how he would get a new bed so that dh and I could stay with him, but my dad is also the kind of guy to say he''s going to do something and then never do it (seriously, one time he changed internet providers and failed to cancel his previous service for over a year...). But when dh and I were just home for a long weekend stayed with dh''s family and only visited my dad for one of the afternoons, I could tell he was upset. So he just called me to say that he bought a bed and is even building a closet to put in the room (he got rid of the original closet when he expanded the bathroom)! And when I confirmed that dh does have off for the day after Thanksgiving so we will definitely stay with him, he got really excited! It was really cute and definitely made me happy! Hehe, thanks for letting me share!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really sweet Sabine! He must love having you stay with him.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aw, that is a sweet daddy moment!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, Sabine, that''s so sweet! Have fun visiting your dad!
face23.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awe, what a truly loving gesture that is.
1.gif
Enjoy your visit with him, and be sure and tell him just how much you appreciate what he did.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine, beautiful story. That is so sweet; your dad adores you and your DH!!! I agree w/Ellen tell him how much that means to you; he will love that. Don't those things in life make it so much sweeter; now that is what life is about! Thanks for sharing your joy with us; it made me smile big!!!
36.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Awe, thats so wonderful...what a great dad!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, that''s so sweet Sabine. Your Dad must be sooo sxcited for you and your DH to stay with him.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww! Yay for dad.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, I''m glad you all enjoyed my sappy moment! It''s so funny to me, my dad is this Harley-riding, grease covered mechanic, but I''ve always been a bit of a daddy''s girl, and it still warms my heart when he makes sure to hug me before I leave each time. I will definitely make sure he knows how much we appreciate it!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
That is so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results