shape
carat
color
clarity

Avg ring size samples at B&M?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been reading so many posts where excited fiancees-to-be are popping in to their local jewelry stores to try on settings and it''s made me a bit jealous.

As one of the few larger ring sizes here on PS (about an 8.25 currently) I''d love to be able to walk into a store and try on a variety of settings but I''m concerned about my finger size vs typical setting sizes.

Does anyone have any idea what size, on avg, a majority of the settings on display would be? I know most boutiques have a particular sample size for their clothing, I can''t imagine that jewelry stores would be any different.

While I *can* fit a size 7 on my pudgy finger, I really don''t want to risk the embarassment of getting a store setting lodge on my finger permanently (unless of course I Love it and can use my predicament to convince my boyfriend that he just *has* to buy it since I obviously can''t leave it there hehe).

Has anyone else had a problem trying on settings in a store due to their larger than "average" ring size? If so, did you just pick a style you "hoped" would look good on your finger and purchase it site unseen without the option of seeing different sytles on your hand first?

Thanks!!
~Heidi

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found that the most average of sizes while I was shopping was a 5.5 or a 6...I was a 6 so most fit me just fine, but some were a bit small so I tried on as best as I could. If you go to a store that has alot of styles, you should be able to find some that will fit you, or maybe call ahead and ask what their average sizes are? that way you don''t make a trip for nothing.

One comment re: knowing on your hand vs not...we had our ring custom and while I tried on tons of ideas and settings, nothing looks the same as getting your ring on your hand in the end, it will look different from the sample rings in the store! esp if its set with diamond vs cz, etc. So don''t get TOO hung up on knowing what looks good vs not...but it does help to try some stuff on to rule out what looks horrible...hehe. I had a few of those too! aka put it on and go ACK NO! next!

Have fun!!

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve found most are size 5-6. I wear a 5 so sometimes sizing is involved, sometimes not. I have found a few rings are sized about 7 and can be sized up or down about 2 sizes without affecting the setting. But, usually I can wear just about anything on display. Does anyone know what the average size finger is?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve also seen a majority of 5-1/2 to 6-1/2...Since I''m a size 6, I usually can try on most rings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results