shape
carat
color
clarity

Avg PS Ering stats!! Anyone game?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
RB .38 G/H SI1

thanks for taking this on!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 10:15:50 PM
Author: charbie
I''m an outlier, and almost didn''t post this since I''m nowhere near the average. I''m the lowest (besides AGBF) but here goes...
OMC
SI1
G-H color
It is in an illusion setting, so it looks bigger in passing! Haha, but honestly, I love my ring. It was given to my husband by his dear grandmother, whom I love as well, and the fact that she passed it on through me is an honor. In all honesty, I think if I ever upgraded (keeping the current ring of course) my husband''s family would still probably be unhappy to see me wearing something other than the family ring. Therefore, the only bigger diamonds I may get will probably be a pendant.
Same. I almost didn''t post b/c my ring is so much smaller. If I ever upgrade it''ll be to a .70 which seems huge to me. I''m not into major bling and would be VERY uncomfortable wearing a larger diamond than about .7-.80. Guess I''m shy when it comes to larger diamonds. (I''m embarrassed to even wear my earrings and pendant at the same time.)

Mine:
GIA cert
.42 RB
G
VS2

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
RB
2.03 ct
H
VS1
solitaire in the platinum Tiffany setting

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
i think it''s pretty obvious that the results will be very skewed, as those with larger stones are much more likely to post than those with smaller ones!

i bet there are loads more people out there will stones under a carat, but keeping quiet about their beauties (please don''t!)

am i right ladies and gents?
1.gif
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
OMC
.48ct
F
VS2

halo setting with pave band
1.gif

Are you adding to Gwen''s research yssie?

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
1.94 RB
J VS2
In platinum MWM solitaire setting.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
* 3-stone engagement ring .25/.83/.25
* Color G-H/H/G-H
* Clarity SI1/SI1/SI1
* Shape: all RBs.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 12:55:25 PM
Author: sunnyd
OMC
.48ct
F
VS2

halo setting with pave band
1.gif

Are you adding to Gwen''s research yssie?
I''ll link to her threads, but I won''t include her results. I want this survey to represent current PSers
1.gif
... will probably also go back two or three months and pull stats from the SMTR E-ring thread unless someone specifically states they don''t want to be included - not everyone will see this thread, but that one is golden
30.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 12:52:36 PM
Author: luckynumber
i think it's pretty obvious that the results will be very skewed, as those with larger stones are much more likely to post than those with smaller ones!

i bet there are loads more people out there will stones under a carat, but keeping quiet about their beauties (please don't!)

1.gif
2.gif
Noooooo please don't keep quiet!! I want ALL the gorgeous rings here represented
9.gif
, and gorgeous is definitely not defined by size!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
EC
F
VS2

Mobinvera

Rough_Rock
Princess
H
SI2
Solitare

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
i think it''s pretty obvious that the results will be very skewed, as those with larger stones are much more likely to post than those with smaller ones!

i bet there are loads more people out there will stones under a carat, but keeping quiet about their beauties (please don''t!)

1.gif
2.gif
I totally agree with this. An average will be based on this, then you will see folks getting smaller than the "average" saying that their ring is soooo much smaller than the PS average and feeling bad.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
GIA cert
0.92 RB
G
VS2
in a Tacori halo 1/2 eternity pave setting

Lula

Ideal_Rock
RB
I
I1
SB fluoro
colored gemstone halo

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*Will close tuesday, march 30th*

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi yssie :)

i know you said you only wanted center stones, but my ring is a real old fashioned 3 stone - where the side stones were more in keeping with the center stone, as opposed to the newer 3 stone rings which tend to use smaller side stones to contrast and draw attention to the central stone.

so - my stats are -

.46/.83/.47 - 1.76 in total. it''s a fairly gentle sweep, as the side stones are 5mm and the central stone is 6mm. this is more in keeping with older 3 stones where the outer stones were, like mine, normally more than half the ct wt of the central stone. it''s a different look, and i''m very fond of it.

:)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
RB
1.62 ct
G
SI1

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/22/2010 7:28:16 PM
Author: merrijoy

i bet there are loads more people out there will stones under a carat, but keeping quiet about their beauties (please don't!)
An average will be based on this, then you will see folks getting smaller than the 'average' saying that their ring is soooo much smaller than the PS average and feeling bad.
Pricescope is a community that includes many people including people who read but never post on this website. Only a handful of those Pricescopers-and not a random sample, either-have volunteered information about rings for a thread here in Hangout. (I am among them.) It would be wildly inaccurate, not to say misleading, to draw any conclusions about the average size of "Pricescopers' stones" from this thread! That doesn't mean that that the thread is not fun, however! I love hearing about other people's rings! :)

Deb/AGBF

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:29:17 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
3/22/2010 7:28:16 PM

Author: merrijoy

An average will be based on this, then you will see folks getting smaller than the ''average'' saying that their ring is soooo much smaller than the PS average and feeling bad.

Pricescope is a community that includes many people including people who read but never post on this website. Only a handful of those Pricescopers-and not a random sample, either-have volunteered information about rings for a thread here in Hangout. (I am among them.) It would be wildly inaccurate, not to say misleading, to draw any conclusions about the average size of ''Pricescopers'' stones'' from this thread! That doesn''t mean that that the thread is not fun, however! I love hearing about other people''s rings! :)

Deb/AGBF

i have to agree with this.... i think this makes a really fun thread! but i''d be careful extrapolating it to ''this is the average PS sized diamond'' - especially since the VAST majority of PS users never even register OR post....

i appreciate your commitment tho, yssie!!
1.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, some people will not reply for various reasons.
There also may be owners of very expensive diamonds who will not reply.
Whether it seems reasonable or not to you or me they may have security concerns or be reluctant to be perceived as bragging.

When completed the survey results will obviously NOT be an average of all PS readers or even all posting PS members.
It will only be the average of what responders to this survey said they have.
Nothing more.

It will still be interesting.
We all love poll results.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
H&A RB
K
SI1

solitaire set in 18K YG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/23/2010 1:55:40 PM
Author: kenny

We all love poll results.
Kenny, It only takes one failure of this statement to be true to render it false. If one person on earth does not love poll results, it is a false statement. Ergo, it is a patently false statement. Back to Logic 101 with you.

AGBF
34.gif

blackboardAGBF.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all agree with you, AGBF.

9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Another member of the itty-bitty-bling-committee, bringing down our average
25.gif

Asscher
.72 ct
D
SI1
Solitaire

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
RB
1.76ct
H
SI1
Micro halo

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 11:42:23 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

Date: 3/20/2010 11:42:55 AM
Author: HollyS

Mine is the Tacori e-ring in the photo.

Princess

.92 center stone

F VS2

Platinum band

Holly,

I love your ring! I don''t think I''ve ever seen it?!?! Have you posted pics of it?
I''m sorry, I just got back to this thread; I didn''t mean to not answer you.

DH and I bought our digital camera last fall, and we''ve taken tons of pictures, but our personal PC is currently on the fritz and we''ve uploaded exactly zilch. So no, I don''t have my own photos on PS.

I know. I''m not a REAL PSer without the photos. Shame on me.
2.gif

As for the ring, I must have looked at hundreds of photos of rings in my effort to decide what I liked. The moment I saw this one, I knew.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.72 ct
EC
VS1
I
Tacori setting with sapphire accents.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 9:54:40 PM
Author: kenny
Both have GIA reports.
Both in titanium tension settings with no extra diamonds.

Mine . . . 2.26 ct F VVS2 Asscher
SO''s . . . 1.34 H VS2 Octavia Asscher
Good lord! That picture!
30.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah dd, that pic freaks me out.

I wish we could post here at full resolution, instead of these blah >100K compressed jpgs.
The original 12 MB file is so much more sharp, vibrant and vivid it jumps out of the screen and kicks you in the head.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i already know the answer to this thread.
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results