shape
carat
color
clarity

Average ring size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
My ring finger is Size 5... And I feel like having giant fingers since my best friends are size 3 and 2 (I am not joking)....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
5 1/2

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Size 5 all the way baby
9.gif

No idea what the average is... aren''t "sample" sizes a 6?

Aurelia

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean, D2B! I''m a size 6/6.5 as well, and after reading these threads I feel like my hands are enormous! I''m 5''10", and I assume height has something to do with it. Even though I''m thin, my hands have to be larger than a shorter girl''s, right?

My future sister-in-law wears a 3.25, which looks so tiny to me! She''s also 5''1", though, so she IS tiny next to me!

I say size doesn''t matter when your finger is hugged by diamonds, right?!

Haven

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I always thought I had small fingers. I am a 4.5 size, am 5''3" and have size 8-8.5 feet. Go figure my feet would be so big, but lucky for me they are very narrow. The standard size for rings in stores were a 6. So it was always hard to judge how it would look on me. After hanging out on PS, I''m glad for small fingers. Makes the stone look bigger on me. LOL

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2007 10:53:19 PM
Author: Haven
I know what you mean, D2B! I''m a size 6/6.5 as well, and after reading these threads I feel like my hands are enormous! I''m 5''10'', and I assume height has something to do with it. Even though I''m thin, my hands have to be larger than a shorter girl''s, right?

My future sister-in-law wears a 3.25, which looks so tiny to me! She''s also 5''1'', though, so she IS tiny next to me!

Haven
5''10" here too... ring sz 6.75! Love my height, love my size...when I went to try on rings it seemed that they were all size 6-7''s and they all fit me perfectly, same with bridal gowns, in fact I could''ve purchased my gown off the rack since it fit me almost perfectly as did most of the other gowns I tried on. I am soooo not trying to "rub it in" but I know from previous work in jewelry that most stock size rings are 6''s and most bridal gowns are 8''s or 10''s...in my ex p erience. HtH.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
US Size 5 finger but slips around so much I reckon I should have gone a touch smaller. US size 8 feet (EU 38 / UK 5 in case I get the conversion wrong), 5'' 8" (173cm) and overweight for my height at 167lb (76kg).

Have lost 6kg since the start of the year so will see what finger size I am when I get down to a sensible weight!! I have a feeling that although the rest of me will shrink my fingers won''t go too much smaller as I need to account for knuckle size!

My hubby says I have kiddy hands and feet from my father''s welsh side of the family who are all less than 5'' with UK 2 (EU 35) and below sized feet...

I guess we''re all different shapes and sizes??

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''m a ring size 7. That really hasn''t changed during any weight gains or losses, which is a good thing since my w-band can''t be sized.
31.gif
I''m 5''6 with a size 7 (US) foot. It''s funny, my ring size is bigger than my friends, but my shoe size is a lot smaller!
2.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
i''m a 3.75, but its too big in cold weather, so maybe a 3.5

niku414

Rough_Rock
I ordered my E-ring at 5.5 -- but probably a 5.25 -- since the 5 is too tight and the 5.5 is kinda of loose

Okay - I kind of always assumed I had misproportioned hands but this thread proves it
8.gif

I have a size 7 finger, but only 5''3" and 110 lbs. What is that about?! I know that I shouldn''t be complaining about my ring size, but I adore jewelery and always wondered why rings didn''t look as good on me as all my friends...

Ohhh I am envious of you under size 6 girls!!

Besides weight loss any ways to reduce ring size?
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wear a 7 1/2 ring. Ladies gloves are too small for me, so I generally end up buying men''s small. I''m 5'' 8" with long fingers. My 17 year old daughter is 5'' 10" tall and has big strong hands, and wears a size 8 ring. So, I don''t think your fingers are big at all.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thnk I am a big 6, more like a 6.25...I have larger knuckles though...once the ring is past them it usually is loose!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
most of the stores carry 6''s as their ''stock'' pieces for people to try on so i always thought that was the norm ''average''. i am a size 6 but sometimes it''s more in the 5''s depending on the style of ring i am trying on. aka i have put on 5.5''s and 5.75''s easily but for my rings a 6 is better.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 7:16:03 PM
Author: little miss sunshine
Okay - I kind of always assumed I had misproportioned hands but this thread proves it
8.gif

I have a size 7 finger, but only 5''3'' and 110 lbs. What is that about?! I know that I shouldn''t be complaining about my ring size, but I adore jewelery and always wondered why rings didn''t look as good on me as all my friends...

2.gif
Yeah, it''s a lot to do with bone size... At my thinnest I was a size 5/7 at 5''4". I just don''t have the bone structure to be a size 0 100 pound person. If I was that thin I would look skeletal. Not to say I don''t have many extra pounds NOW but *then* I wore a size 6 ring and now it''s an 8 or 8.25. My fingers have gotten fat, but they were *never* little size 3 fingers LOL And they never COULD be. I actually kinda like it because I can "get away with" wearing larger diamonds without it looking too flashy LOL (that''s what I tell myself ha!) I''d still rather be back to a 6 but mostly because then maybe my ass would fit into size 5 jeans again!! lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 4:43:45 AM
Author: IndieJones
I''m a ring size 7. That really hasn''t changed during any weight gains or losses, which is a good thing since my w-band can''t be sized.
31.gif
I''m 5''6 with a size 7 (US) foot. It''s funny, my ring size is bigger than my friends, but my shoe size is a lot smaller!
2.gif
my feet were an 8 - 8.5 before I had kids and for about 7 years they were a 9.5-10!! And now they''re back to an 8.5-9. And it has nothing to do with weight. There were times in that 7 years I weighed less than I do now... I''d heard of pregnancy foot spread but I didn''t know (yay) that it would go away too!! lol at least mostly! I have big hands and feet... I swear I look like a gnome LOL

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
I wear a 4.5 ring on my left ring finger. I am 5''3" and have a size 5.5 or 6 shoe.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My left ring finger is a size 4.5 but for some reason my knuckles have gotten bigger lately so I had to resize to a size 5 with huge sizing beads to keep my ER from spinning so much. My fingers actually look freaky now because the part where my rings sit is so much smaller than my knuckle. I''m 5''7" and have size 7-7.5 feet.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
My ring size is 4.5 on my left hand. My right hand is bigger, but I haven't had it sized lately. I just got my new wedding and e-rings and almost ordered a 4.75. The jeweler insisted we have the rings made in 4.5. He was right. The larger size would not have worked at all!

rockbie

Rough_Rock
I know what you mean, D2B! I''m a size 6/6.5 as well, and after reading these threads I feel like my hands are enormous! I''m 5''10'', and I assume height has something to do with it. Even though I''m thin, my hands have to be larger than a shorter girl''s, right?

My future sister-in-law wears a 3.25, which looks so tiny to me! She''s also 5''1'', though, so she IS tiny next to me!

Haven
I am 5''8 wear size 3-3/4 and it still loose and spin around. 3-1/2 would fit better but hard go pass my knuckle.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think body size has everything to do with finger size. I wore my rings through my whole pregnancy and never had to take them off--even though I gained 34lbs.

I''m a size 6, and I''m 5''5", wear a clothing size 6, and a shoe size 8. My stepmom is about the same as me and has tiny fingers (4) and smaller feet. I think it just has to do with genetics more than anything. And knuckle size!! My ring spins like crazy, but if I had it any tighter, I''d never get it over my knuckles!!!

I always thought I had pretty hands until I got onto pricescope. Now I think I have wrinkly, knuckly, ugly hands. Ah but as one lovely poster mentioned...who cares if your hands are hugged by diamonds!! Good attitude!!

jeannine

lindsaylou

Rough_Rock
my ring size is 4.5 and i''m a little over 5''0''''

omieluv

Ideal_Rock

Haven

I am 5''8" and wear a 5.75-6 ring, so height may have something to do with it. I have a friend who is barely 5''1" and her ring size is a 2.5-3.

I think someone else said thing, but bone size/heredity has to have something to do with it.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I am 5''4" wear a size 4 on my left hand, (4.25 on the right). Size 6-7.5 shoe, depending on the shoe.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a size 5.25 e-ring (I was sized as a 5, but I prefer it a bit loose... and I know it''s never going to slip off accidentally because of my big knuckles!).

Most of my friends'' fingers are a bit larger than mine, even though we''re all around the same height and weight (5''5, ~125lbs). My mom''s finger size is about the same as mine and she''s probably 20lbs heavier... so I agree with the others who say there must not be a set formula.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Average is a 6 I believe. Many stores stock the 6 and 7s.

Me:
Size 5 ring finger, which when I lost weight (10 lbs), went down from a 5.25...? I wonder what will happen in pregnancy...
Standing at 5'' 5" with 115 (give or take 1lb.) and a shoe size of 7, which means I NEVER find shoes on sale. It''s the curse of the average foot...

Also noteworthy:
Older estate rings that have HUGE ROCKS, I noticed are almost always size 5 and under. Usually averaging around 3.5 - 5.5. Not sure why but it seems weatlhier women have skinny fingers and BIG taste in large stones.
22.gif

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
I wear a size 3, but my e-ring is very loose on my finger and spins a lot. I got my w-band to be a bit smaller, but it''s still not snug on my fingers. I like my rings a bit loose though.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 7:16:03 PM
Author: little miss sunshine
8.gif

I have a size 7 finger, but only 5'3' and 110 lbs. What is that about?! I know that I shouldn't be complaining about my ring size, but I adore jewelery and always wondered why rings didn't look as good on me as all my friends...

2.gif
My mom is 4'10", weighs around 90lbs (yes, she's tiny) and wears a 6.5. I've never thought of her hands as big though...

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
My left is 4.5. During winter it gets pretty loose and summer it get a little too tight especially on my right hand.. My height is 5'3"

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
5''2" and I wear a size 5.25 which is loose, but I prefer it that way, to allow for swollen fingers in the Middle East''s 100F plus summer temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results