shape
carat
color
clarity

Authentic Tiffany Settings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mijamajasky

Rough_Rock
Hiya! I want to have an exact Tiffany replica made, however, I have not come across any upclose and personal pictures....the jeweler said to bring him a picture so he knows what Tiffany setting I want and what details I am concerned about...I have looked at SC, WF, and others, but I haven''t been able to compare them to anything...thank you!!!!!!! PS any info on what details I should be aware of would be great!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a Tiffany replica made, I would highly recommend getting one from someone who already makes them. I think your result would be likely be more positive. Excel makes a SuperbCert Tiffany setting and that is the one many people here thinks is the closest. If your jeweler is not familiar with the setting, I don''t think I''d let him make it.

mijamajasky

Rough_Rock
hmm interesting thought...now what about a matching band...would I send the band I have (5 stone) and have it remade to sit flush?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are some very close copies out there, but none are exact. I agree with DS, you''d be better off buying a similar from someone who already makes it. I think taking pictures to a jeweler and letting them try could lead to a large disappointment. the best way to get an exact tiffany is to go to tiffany.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2008 4:23:13 PM
Author: mrssalvo
there are some very close copies out there, but none are exact. I agree with DS, you''d be better off buying a similar from someone who already makes it. I think taking pictures to a jeweler and letting them try could lead to a large disappointment. the best way to get an exact tiffany is to go to tiffany.
Here here! But yes, if you want a replica that is really good...do with one that his been making them already.

Lane

Shiny_Rock
I definitely agree. I was set on that setting for a while, and noticed that on Tiffany''s website, they actually a description of the key elements that make their setting unique (i.e. proportions, prong size, etc.). I think the WF one is closest out there that I''ve seen -- it''s beautiful, and they''ve captured the look!

I hope that works... if not, you can menu through by going to Tiffany''s engagement ring site, and then clicking on "The Ring Setting" in the "About" section at the bottom.

Congrats, and enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2008 4:19:57 PM
Author: mijamajasky
hmm interesting thought...now what about a matching band...would I send the band I have (5 stone) and have it remade to sit flush?
A band won''t sit 100% flush, but it''ll be pretty close. The main thing is that the wedding band is set very low so the diamonds won''t scratch the e-ring.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 4:03:16 PM
Author:mijamajasky
Hiya! I want to have an exact Tiffany replica made, however, I have not come across any upclose and personal pictures....the jeweler said to bring him a picture so he knows what Tiffany setting I want and what details I am concerned about...I have looked at SC, WF, and others, but I haven''t been able to compare them to anything...thank you!!!!!!! PS any info on what details I should be aware of would be great!!!!

Which ring are you interested in? I have classic RB & channel set band that, I think, work very well together.

I love the low profile and the proportions of the entire ring seem flawless (thickness of band near stone & how it tapers away behind my finger).

P1240431hand.JPG

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 4:19:57 PM
I''m wondering if you''ve tried on the ring you want at a Tiffany''s store yet? I say this because most Tiffany''s e-rings don''t sit flush with their matching bands. This is especially true of rings with larger center stones, and definitely with three-stone rings. I can pretty much guarantee you that a 5-stone band will not sit flush with any of their e-rings. While some ladies prefer their two rings to appear as such, I was seriously disillusioned because I wanted them to look seamless.

Which setting do you have in mind? I agree with the others that WF seems to have the best six-prong replica so far.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa your set is very pretty!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LegacyGirl! Are you a T owner as well?

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I don''t know what kind of setting you''re looking for, but I have a T & Co e-ring with a RB center and pear sidestones. I remember when I was looking for rings that Vatche made a good replica of that one: Style #310 looks almost identical - see it here and here.

I have a Tiffany shared prong wedding band, and while it sits close enough for my tastes, it has definitely eaten away at the prongs of my e-ring, so that''s something to consider if you''re looking at shared prong bands (my SA didn''t mention anything about that when I bought it... but now it''s my excuse to rescue my ring and wear it on my right hand - and upgrade the e-ring with a lifetime upgradeable PS vendor
31.gif
) . I posted pics of that problem here.

mijamajasky

Rough_Rock
HIya! Thanks for your pics and posts! I love the classic look and want to work with what I have (already have the stone)...and the other concern is every replica I look at or Tiffany pic the stones are huge!!! my stone is a lil over a carat...not sure how it will look - maybe overwhelmed by the thicker prongs? and I am startibg to think my five stone band may take away from the center stone since each one of those are .39...sooooo perhaps a tiffany knife edge band?? its funny, i want something totally unique - yet i want something totally classic and what so many already have!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a band of .39 stones would certainly do fine as a standalone ring! If it were me, I''d get a thinner diamond band to go with a solitaire setting and 1 ct. stone.

mijamajasky

Rough_Rock
Yeah I am kind of leaning towards a plain band or small glittery band...Lisa what size is your stone?? That is a true tiffany correct? I just love the setting, but I am sure there is a honker in that setting!! Is that why the tiffany setting always looks sooo appealing??? do you think the 6 prongs will overwhelm/ be too thick for the stone?

mijamajasky

Rough_Rock
oops I found the thread about your ring Lisa! Love it!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 4:03:16 PM
Author:mijamajasky

Why don''t you go into a Tiffany? ;-)

Check out this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-and-tiffany-esque.76995/

And here''s a compariosn:

t-compare-ls.jpg

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 4:17:30 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
If you want a Tiffany replica made, I would highly recommend getting one from someone who already makes them. I think your result would be likely be more positive. Excel makes a SuperbCert Tiffany setting and that is the one many people here thinks is the closest. If your jeweler is not familiar with the setting, I don''t think I''d let him make it.

Agreed. The Excel setting is exceptional.

Also, the Mark Morell Petit sunburst is very similar.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 9:14:23 PM
Yeah I am kind of leaning towards a plain band or small glittery band...Lisa what size is your stone?? That is a true tiffany correct? I just love the setting, but I am sure there is a honker in that setting!! Is that why the tiffany setting always looks sooo appealing??? do you think the 6 prongs will overwhelm/ be too thick for the stone?

Thanks for readng my thread...Its a 1.01 as my moniker suggests. The prongs don''t overwhelm it or squish it or anything. And I don''t think it has to be a larger diamond to look "right." In fact, I was in the store recetnly and saw .3 and .7 cts. looking fabulous.

I am glad there are good jewelers making quality setings like Tiffany''s and a fraction of the price.

I too read the thread posted by sna77 and saw the amazing results of the replicas.

The six prongs actually provide some practical piece of mind that the stone is nestled in there securely (especially since I have a 10 month old).

I can''t speak for the replicas but can say that my 6 prong is a classic, timeless, and elegant way to go.

Even a smaller stone would be showcased in this setting.

Good look and please post pics. when your project is done!
3.gif
I just love PS.
36.gif

Lisa

mijamajasky

Rough_Rock
I would love my very opwn Tiffany to snuggle with however, I already have a stone..it needs to be appraised and then I will go for settings...I think I am goin got purchase the Tiffany wedding band though...NOw do I just send my stone to Excel or WF??? That seems so scary! How do you know its your stone when you get it back??? yikes!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 7:00:06 AM
I would love my very opwn Tiffany to snuggle with however, I already have a stone..it needs to be appraised and then I will go for settings...I think I am goin got purchase the Tiffany wedding band though...NOw do I just send my stone to Excel or WF??? That seems so scary! How do you know its your stone when you get it back??? yikes!

The Excel setting is much closer to the Tiffany one. Just send them your stone, you''ll get a band back in 3-4 weeks... Then take it to an appriaser when you get back. They''ll be able to tell you fure sure its your stone... You need to have the whole ring appriased for insurance purposes anyhow...

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 7:00:06 AM

Hey check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiffany-Co-Platinum-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-MOUNT_W0QQitemZ330214524825QQihZ014QQcategoryZ92906QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The real deal.....

setting only.jpg

mijamajasky

Rough_Rock
OMG I just showed my husband and he is a little skeptical...but i still inquired about it! thank you!

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Just incase you are still after more pics, I have the classic round brilliant and the shared setting half circle band ring

IMG_1455.jpg

the pic is a few months old and they sit more flush now that i had them resized down by 0.25

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
one more

IMG_1420.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kathy do you mind sharing the specs?

I love the shared setting half-circle and was recently contemplating having WF make me a replica as a rhr or switch out from my WB.

Where do you get rub marks on the e-ring? Mine has one rub area, a circle, under the prongs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results