shape
carat
color
clarity

Austin brides? How to pick a planner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Are there any upcoming Austin, TX brides who are using an Austin planner? Can anyone make a recommendation?

Are there any suggestions for choosing a wedding planner?

I have been looking at a few, and I am judging them based on the pictures on their site, as well as their package plans and what they offer with it. However, I''m worried about not getting the results I expect. I would like to get a less expensive planner, but does that mean the results won''t be as nice?

If anyone can offer adive, tips, suggestions etc...I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Also, which comes first, the planner or the venue? I''m under the impression the planner.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked on WeddingWire.com?

I found that that site gave really good reviews of all things wedding related. I would definitely NOT go strictly off of the pictures they have posted... same as I wouldn''t pick a photog strictly off what pictures they post. These are people that you need to have a great raport with. I would go off of other bride''s reviews of the planners they worked with.

Here is the WeddingWire link for: Wedding Planner in Austin Texas

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much. I had never heard of that site, and reviews were exactly what I wanted to read.

I planned on researching a few and picking the ones that seemed decent and then meet with them in person to see if I liked them. I''m not sure what that involves though. Would they allow me to meet with them even if I end up not using them?

Two of the ones on that site, I have been in contact with. Good to know they have gotten really good reviews so far.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely meet with each of them, even if it is only for 15-30 minutes. IMO, this person is going to be your BFF (or at least for the next few months)... and you want to know that you will get along.

I''m glad that a few of your options are already on there. It really is a great site and gives VERY accurate reviews. This is where I found my hair stylist, and she was as incredible as every single one of her reviews.

lurkinglurker

Shiny_Rock
I got married in Austin in 2009 and used Deidre Brown with Austin Wedding Planners. She was great and I highly recommend her. I didn't interview a ton of people though, so I'm not sure who else is out there. For me I wanted someone to just take over and handle a lot of the process. For example they prescreened vendors for me, so I just had appointments with one florist, one cake person, one DJ, etc. This was great from my perspective because I didn't want to have to think about those details too much but I can see how it may not be enough involvement for others. I especially liked having them there the day of the wedding. We just showed up and got married and had fun with our friends/family. No logistics to worry about. Here is a link to their site. http://www.austinweddingplanners.com/

Good luck!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 2:59:02 PM
Author: lurkinglurker
I got married in Austin in 2009 and used Deidre Brown with Austin Wedding Planners. She was great and I highly recommend her. I didn''t interview a ton of people though, so I''m not sure who else is out there. For me I wanted someone to just take over and handle a lot of the process. For example they prescreened vendors for me, so I just had appointments with one florist, one cake person, one DJ, etc. This was great from my perspective because I didn''t want to have to think about those details too much but I can see how it may not be enough involvement for others. I especially liked having them there the day of the wedding. We just showed up and got married and had fun with our friends/family. No logistics to worry about. Here is a link to their site. http://www.austinweddingplanners.com/

Good luck!
Thanks! I think I stumbled across their site much earlier in the process, so I''m glad for the link to keep them in mind.

That is exactly what I want from a planner. I severly lack style and while I do like details, my head will spin and I will forget things if I even remotely try to do it on my own. I definitely want the day to be stress free and fun filled, and from what I''ve heard about planners, the ones that do everything, that''s exactly what I should expect to have... for the most part. I''m sure there is ALWAYS something that stresses brides out.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Lurkinglurker, may I ask what package you went with that gave you that experience?

lurkinglurker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 3:15:48 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
Lurkinglurker, may I ask what package you went with that gave you that experience?
I don''t remember off the top of my head, but looked at the packages they have listed on their site, and I think it was likely the Chardonnay Package. That package is the same price range we paid and the services all sound about right. If you do go with them, I would suggest requesting Deidre. They have a lot of planners and I didn''t like one of the others nearly as much as her!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 4:18:53 PM
Author: lurkinglurker

Date: 2/1/2010 3:15:48 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
I don''t remember off the top of my head, but looked at the packages they have listed on their site, and I think it was likely the Chardonnay Package. That package is the same price range we paid and the services all sound about right. If you do go with them, I would suggest requesting Deidre. They have a lot of planners and I didn''t like one of the others nearly as much as her!
Awesome! That''s the one that looked about right for me too. Thanks for the help. I got a call from them shortly after I sent my information so hopefully that is a good sign, if I choose them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results