shape
carat
color
clarity

ATTN LORELEI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It''s kinda fun, edgy. I want to try it on though, I''m afraid of the tinge that reminded me of Hot Topic
32.gif
lol

Here''s hoping I have goodies when I get home
27.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 5:09:21 PM
Author: dragonfly411
It''s kinda fun, edgy. I want to try it on though, I''m afraid of the tinge that reminded me of Hot Topic
32.gif
lol

Here''s hoping I have goodies when I get home
27.gif
Hehe!

I hope the goodies are there when you get home....With the TB give it a good chance, it is magnificent stuff and might just smell plain ''weird'' in the beginning!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
no goodies
39.gif
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 7:32:30 PM
no goodies
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Might they arrive today?
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saddle sniffers?

creepaway3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 7:07:54 AM
Author: Ellen
Saddle sniffers?

creepaway3.gif
Yith.
16.gif
Saddles fmell wonderful.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 7:21:31 AM
Author: Lorelei

Saddle sniffers?

creepaway3.gif
Yith.
16.gif
Saddles fmell wonderful.
2.gif

I really shouldn''t talk, I used to love sniffing the gasoline when I was little and we got the car filled.
9.gif
40.gif

And, I have been known to sniff a leather purse or two in my time. When no one was looking.
Whistle2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 7:42:48 AM

Date: 5/23/2009 7:21:31 AM

Saddle sniffers?

creepaway3.gif
Yith.
16.gif
Saddles fmell wonderful.
2.gif

I really shouldn''t talk, I used to love sniffing the gasoline when I was little and we got the car filled.
9.gif
40.gif

And, I have been known to sniff a leather purse or two in my time. When no one was looking.
Whistle2.gif
There you are then!
face20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 7:53:09 AM

2.gif

9.gif
40.gif

Whistle2.gif
There you are then!
face20.gif
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 8:15:54 AM

Date: 5/23/2009 7:53:09 AM

2.gif

9.gif
40.gif

Whistle2.gif
There you are then!
face20.gif
41.gif
I like weird smells such as burning matches when they have been blown out - yum!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Do you think the Post office might have them in the AM like this? Cuz otherwise I''ll have to wait and see when I get home, and if they hold the package at the office I won''t get it till TUESDAY
39.gif

Saddles (esp ollllllld saddles) smell divine.

Think purses, but aged.mmmmmmm

Lorelei, I like burnt matches too, and toy train smoke, and tobacco, and cigars. We''ll like weird things together lol.

I suppose since it didn''t come in yet, that I''ll try diamonds intense today...... or I might just wear alien again to see how it does in coastal airs (heading to the coast to OLD St. Augustine for the day)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 8:28:17 AM

Lorelei, I like burnt matches too, and toy train smoke, and tobacco, and cigars. We''ll like weird things together lol.
I LOVE certain pipe tobaccos.
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 8:28:17 AM
Do you think the Post office might have them in the AM like this? Cuz otherwise I'll have to wait and see when I get home, and if they hold the package at the office I won't get it till TUESDAY
39.gif

Lorelei, I like burnt matches too, and toy train smoke, and tobacco, and cigars. We'll like weird things together lol.

I suppose since it didn't come in yet, that I'll try diamonds intense today...... or I might just wear alien again to see how it does in coastal airs (heading to the coast to OLD St. Augustine for the day)
Its possible DF, give them a call? I love tobacco smells also and cigars, rarely smell them these days though.

That reminds me, another one to try is Quelque Fleurs Original, that one smells of vanilla pipe tobacco.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 8:44:55 AM

Its possible DF, give them a call? I love tobacco smells also and cigars, rarely smell them these days though.

That reminds me, another one to try is Quelque Fleurs Original, that one smells of vanilla pipe tobacco.
Seriously?? I''ve never smelled a cigar that even remotely smelled good.
40.gif

6.gif
THAT sounds devine!! I WUV vanilla.
5.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am adding that one to my ever expanding *must try* list. I''m going to call the postal office at 9 *6 mins* and see what they say. I''m also running by Old Navy on my way out of here b/c they have flip flops for a dollar!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 8:51:23 AM

Date: 5/23/2009 8:44:55 AM

Seriously?? I''ve never smelled a cigar that even remotely smelled good.
40.gif

6.gif
THAT sounds devine!! I WUV vanilla.
5.gif

I think cigars are a persona preference thing. I''ve loved them since I was a child, and no one in my family even smokes them. I''m not sure why I like tobacco smells so much. I actually used to get excited over bee stings b/c my grandfather would put tobacco on them, and I got to smell it
20.gif
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 8:57:01 AM

I think cigars are a persona preference thing. I''ve loved them since I was a child, and no one in my family even smokes them. I''m not sure why I like tobacco smells so much. I actually used to get excited over bee stings b/c my grandfather would put tobacco on them, and I got to smell it
20.gif
20.gif
It must be!

Wow, I never heard of that particular bee sting remedy. (I have heard of rubbing a cut onion on one, that works) That''s a neat memory dragon.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Father used to smoke cigars and I loved the smell of them, rarely encounter cigar smoke now.

What a cute memory DF, did the tobacco ease the swelling?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 9:01:30 AM
Date: 5/23/2009 8:57:01 AM

20.gif
20.gif
It must be!

Wow, I never heard of that particular bee sting remedy. (I have heard of rubbing a cut onion on one, that works) That''s a neat memory dragon.
2.gif

hi ellen, lorelei and dragonfly :) (nice to see you back, too, dragonfly)

i love the smell of tobacco too! in fact i have a pipe which was only ever used for smoking port tipped tobacco in my writing paper drawer. it makes all the paper smell rich and old, as tho it''s come from an old library. it''s a great smell! no smoke - just rich, woody, port-y tobacco. :)

i''ve also had an interest in perfumes for many years and i wondered if you had ever heard of, or worn, any perfumes from Penhaligons? they''re an english company, which is what made me think of them in relation to *you*, lorelei, but i didnt know where *you* are, dragonfly. anyway, they do some of the most gorgeous floral scents on the market and might be something you''d enjoy.

despite my interest in perfumes, i only wear a few different ones. but one of my favorites is Haute Provence by parfum de nicolai. the lady who owns parfum de nicolai is the granddaughter of the founder of guerlain perfumes, and haute provence is a beautiful combination of lavender and orange blossom.

anyway, have enjoyed reading your thread. my mother used to wear Tabac, so this brought back some lovely memories :) isnt it interesting how evocative scent is? nothing quite like it....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 9:13:30 AM
Author: whitby_2773

anyway, have enjoyed reading your thread. my mother used to wear Tabac, so this brought back some lovely memories :) isnt it interesting how evocative scent is? nothing quite like it....
Indeed.
35.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 9:20:40 AM
Date: 5/23/2009 9:13:30 AM

Indeed.
35.gif

morning miss ellen!
35.gif
hope your weekend (and lorelei''s and dragonfly''s) is off to a good start :) (and i won''t tell anyone about the handbag sniffing!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Whitby,

I have worn Bluebell by Penhaligons but sadly I couldn''t get on with it. All I could smell was earth.
39.gif
I have had the Lily of the Valley also by Penhaligons and enjoyed that one, it was an excellent interpretation of LoV which is one of my fave scents.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 9:24:15 AM
morning miss ellen!
35.gif
hope your weekend (and lorelei''s and dragonfly''s) is off to a good start :) (and i won''t tell anyone about the handbag sniffing!)
lol Thank you.
5.gif
And yes, the day is off to a fairly good start. Hope your weekend is a good one!

I love LoV Lore, both the fragrance and the flower.
face23.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 9:24:21 AM
Hi Whitby,

I have worn Bluebell by Penhaligons but sadly I couldn''t get on with it. All I could smell was earth.
39.gif
I have had the Lily of the Valley also by Penhaligons and enjoyed that one, it was an excellent interpretation of LoV which is one of my fave scents.

hi lorelei :)

so interesting you say that about Bluebell! my in-laws brought that back for me once after a trip to london, and i ended up having to give it away. i have quite ''sweet'' skin (as opposed to acidic), do you? i suspected that might be why i coundn''t wear it. have you tried their Victorian Posy? it''s a beautiful perfume and is what i consider their signature women''s scent. like a big bunch of old fashioned flowers - an english garden at its finest in spring. it''s much more delicate than something like bluebell - has the same kind of airiness as something like, say, L''Air du Temps. anyway, just a thought as i know you love gardening/flowers - i can really see you loving that one. it''s a classic.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 9:29:36 AM

morning miss ellen!
35.gif
lol Thank you.
5.gif
And yes, the day is off to a fairly good start. Hope your weekend is a good one!

face23.gif
Both are exquisite aren''t they?
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 9:30:38 AM

Hi Whitby,

39.gif

so interesting you say that about Bluebell! my in-laws brought that back for me once after a trip to london, and i ended up having to give it away. i have quite ''sweet'' skin (as opposed to acidic), do you? i suspected that might be why i coundn''t wear it. have you tried their Victorian Posy? it''s a beautiful perfume and is what i consider their signature women''s scent. like a big bunch of old fashioned flowers - an english garden at its finest in spring. it''s much more delicate than something like bluebell - has the same kind of airiness as something like, say, L''Air du Temps. anyway, just a thought as i know you love gardening/flowers - i can really see you loving that one. it''s a classic.
It is a popular fragrance but I just COULD not get on with it ( I ended up using it as room spray)
12.gif
!

I haven''t tried the Victorian Posy but I will put it on my list. I used to love L''Air du Temps years ago, like so many now it does not smell the same, I used to adore that glorious powdery note it used to have and its staying power.

I think my most floral fragrances are 24 Faubourg by Hermes, Lipstick Rose by Frederick Malle, Quelques Fleurs by Houbigant and Jardins de Bagatelles by Guerlain.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 9:45:17 AM

morning miss ellen!
35.gif
lol Thank you.
5.gif

face23.gif
Both are exquisite aren''t they?
30.gif
Yiss! I actually carried a field bouquet of violets and lov for my wedding.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 9:51:02 AM

Date: 5/23/2009 9:45:17 AM

morning miss ellen!
35.gif
hope your weekend (and lorelei's and dragonfly's) is off to a good start :) (and i won't tell anyone about the handbag sniffing!)
lol Thank you.
5.gif

face23.gif
Both are exquisite aren't they?
30.gif
Yiss! I actually carried a field bouquet of violets and lov for my wedding.
5.gif
I love violets too, all the old fashioned flowers!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 9:49:38 AM
Date: 5/23/2009 9:30:38 AM

Hi Whitby,

39.gif

It is a popular fragrance but I just COULD not get on with it ( I ended up using it as room spray)
12.gif
!

I haven''t tried the Victorian Posy but I will put it on my list. I used to love L''Air du Temps years ago, like so many now it does not smell the same, I used to adore that glorious powdery note it used to have and its staying power.

I think my most floral fragrances are 24 Faubourg by Hermes, Lipstick Rose by Frederick Malle, Quelques Fleurs by Houbigant and Jardins de Bagatelles by Guerlain.

jardins de bagatelle?? ooooh - kindred spirit - now you''re talking!

love it love it. guerlain''s perfumes are something else, arent they? i wonder if you''d like the perfumes by Parfum de Nicolai then? Patricia, who owns/runs the company is his granddaughter and trained under him and his son (her uncle, not her father, i believe) initially. she won a ''new perfumier of the year'' award shortly after she went into business in the late 80''s and her perfumes are subtle and complex in the same manner as guerlain''s.

and ditto on l''air du temps. incredible staying power for such a delicate perfume. i read a survey of perfume makers only a month or two ago and they rated l''air du temps as their all time favorite classic. i was so pleased to see it - that perfume is a masterpiece.

speaking of perfumes that *didn''t* work - i tried to wear Joy years ago, and it smelt like something from a public bathroom on me. Paris, by YSL on the other hand, gives me a cracking headache after 20 minutes.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
lorelei - just a question...

i know you cant get them anymore, but are you familiar with the Rochas perfumes, Byzance and Byzantine? i always thought Byzantine was an amazing perfume, but it''s out of production now, which is a huge shame. i dont wear orientals well, but always loved that perfume on other people. have you ever worn either one? what did you think of them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results