shape
carat
color
clarity

Atlas Diamond Company?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meepcat

Shiny_Rock
Hi folks,

Have any of you heard of Atlas Diamond Company (http://www.atlasdiamond.com)?

I spoke with Zee on the phone (whom I guessing owns this business), and he works off Market Street in SF (high rent, anyone?), out of a suite on the 7th floor. My boyfriend and I made an appointment to see him tomorrow.

Has anyone experienced this particular vendor? He seemed very proactively informative and particular on the phone -- emphasizing his preference to sell AGS/GIA stones. One in particular, is a GIA-certed 1.59 H/I1 (!), which I''m going to look at tomorrow. His price was REALLY good, and almost better than some of those I''ve seen on Pricescope (for GIA? Come on!). He seemed very honest and deliberate with his handling my query for stones.

I found a post on yelp.com for an SFer who had a positive experience. I mistook these folks for being at the Jewelry Mart, but I''m going to visit them before the Jewelry Mart. Also, he quoted from an index (which only wholesalers can have?) and explained that all vendors will likely use the same index. His payment options were flexible, which really enticed me, because if I see a stone I love, I don''t want it to fly away!

Another thing, he scoffed at selling EGLs, but sometimes gets them because he buys by the parcel.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/12/2006 4:59:46 PM
Author:meepcat
Hi folks,

Have any of you heard of Atlas Diamond Company (http://www.atlasdiamond.com)?

I spoke with Zee on the phone (whom I guessing owns this business), and he works off Market Street in SF (high rent, anyone?), out of a suite on the 7th floor. My boyfriend and I made an appointment to see him tomorrow.

Has anyone experienced this particular vendor? He seemed very proactively informative and particular on the phone -- emphasizing his preference to sell AGS/GIA stones. One in particular, is a GIA-certed 1.59 H/I1 (!), which I''m going to look at tomorrow. His price was REALLY good, and almost better than some of those I''ve seen on Pricescope (for GIA? Come on!). He seemed very honest and deliberate with his handling my query for stones.

I found a post on yelp.com for an SFer who had a positive experience. I mistook these folks for being at the Jewelry Mart, but I''m going to visit them before the Jewelry Mart. Also, he quoted from an index (which only wholesalers can have?) and explained that all vendors will likely use the same index. His payment options were flexible, which really enticed me, because if I see a stone I love, I don''t want it to fly away!

Another thing, he scoffed at selling EGLs, but sometimes gets them because he buys by the parcel.
Atlas is in my opinion a good long standing reputable Company, i didnt do much business with them but i know the principals and i know they are in business for over 25 years.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results