shape
carat
color
clarity

at what point...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
as many of you already know, I have my amazingly wonderful diamond on layaway and am happily paying off it and my setting.

Before the stone is set, I would like to have it sent out for an independent appraisal.

How much of the diamond should I pay off before requesting they send it to the appraiser of my choice? AND...maybe even more importantly, if for any reason, the store balks at my request to send it out for appraisal - should I be running, but quick?

Thanks!!

`bidden

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You really should have established this need in advance of making the deal. Now the store is really in charge of your situation. They have some of the money AND the diamond. If they are good folks, they will allow the appraisal to be handled at some point, but you have pretty much committed to the purchase it seems. Part of the function of an independent appraisal is to establish the accuracy of the grading, the true ID of the diamond and the veracity of its grading report. ALos, the question of value and what "you ought to be paying" can be addressed.

I hope it all works out well for you.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
Truthfully, I did tell them I wanted an independent appraisal done...so there''s no surprises in store, at least not in my opinion - in fact, I have it in writing! Yay for email.

Also, they have a 30 day money back policy, and I confirmed that it''s 30 days from ship date. So that helps, right?

oh man, more stress!!

Guess at this point I had better arrange for that appraisal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results