carat
color
clarity

At last a first ring project

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Congratulations on the project. I have perused their catalogue - there are pretty interesting pieces there.
And your stones are wonderful!
Good luck!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you SDL and Cind11
TL - I had noticed you often comment on the quality of a bezel and having drawn my attention to that detail in previous threads it''s something I now look for , so thanks!
Crasu - Yes their catalogue is interesting and it''s what piqued my interest intitially.

a correction to my previous post - It was Mike Robinson who took the pics. He also made the ring.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW
18.gif

Your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

So when will we see some handshots??
36.gif

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, am another who is impressed with the workmanship; the fine polish, the even and very smooth bezel, the setting of the diamond melees are all of excellent quality.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
That is one handsome ring Klewis! It definitely has that designer, bespoke look to it. I am glad you chose to go with a yellow gold frame for the stone, it really helps the color be its full potential. I very much look forward to hand shots when you get the ring!

On another note, I cannot recall if you ever posted that spess that you are having made into a ring for your SO. I would very much like to see it and potential designs you are considering (I am in the early stages of designing a ring for one of my spessartites). Thanks!

-SS

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! They did a fabulous job with it; the finish looks just perfect.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian, Chrono & Kismet. Thanks, I''m glad you appreciate it. I will post some hand shots when I get the ring, end of month.
sleepyspinel - Thanks too. I did post some pics of my spessartite a couple of years ago- terrible pics actually, I''m such a lousy photographer. As soon as I have a chance, hopefully at the weekend, I''ll try taking some better spessartite pics and also post the proposed design.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very well made and beautiful.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I can''t wait for hand shots (along with everyone else!)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love it, especially the little melee diamonds on the sides! We don''t see too many trillions around here, but this one is really nice.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
OMG!...where have I been??? Klewis, the ring is just stunning. They did a wonderful job, it adds so much to the already beautiful toumaline. I can''t wait for you to get it so that you can post many, many pictures!!
30.gif
30.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! I lurve the contrast between platinum and gold. What a piece!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That turned out fantastic Klewis! Wow!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think TL used the word "astonishing" and I find it to be very fitting!

It is truly a work of art. Congrats!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It''s awesome dude, rock on!

delayedreaction

Shiny_Rock
Wow, can''t wait to see real world pics!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Klewis, what an elegant ring. It positively shouts quality at you. I look forward to seeing it on your finger.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, I can see an exciting project up ahead, that''s some beautiful idea! keep us update!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So happy to see this one come to fruition klewis - we must have many more photos please!
This is 100% the most original and just down right attractive man''s ring I have ever seen..
the work looks immaculate, such a great job from sketch to completion..

How was working with Robinson? Did everything go to your expectations / liking?
I am now sure I will be contacting these guys for a quote - I just hope they accept to use my outside stone
40.gif

Just awesome!
36.gif
30.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 8:48:23 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I love it, especially the little melee diamonds on the sides! We don''t see too many trillions around here, but this one is really nice.

For ages, I wondered how to set this trillion, and before finding RDG I had made lots of sketches. After some time I realised that all my ideas involved trying to kind of disguise the shape of the stone - make the trillion look like a shape that it wasn''t. It looks great with the shape emphasised.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 10:52:57 AM
Author: arjunajane
So happy to see this one come to fruition klewis - we must have many more photos please!

This is 100% the most original and just down right attractive man''s ring I have ever seen..

the work looks immaculate, such a great job from sketch to completion..

How was working with Robinson? Did everything go to your expectations / liking?

I am now sure I will be contacting these guys for a quote - I just hope they accept to use my outside stone
40.gif

Just awesome!
36.gif
30.gif

Thanks AJ- Working with Robinsons was very easy. I worked with Mike Robinson, but I had a couple of meetings where Ken was involved, Ken is Michael''s and David''s father, and I had some interesting phone conversations with Ken about gems and jewellery. Both Mike and David were 2 of 4 finalist in one particular section of the NZ Jewellery awards last year. I never felt rushed into a decision, they seemed very free with their time, and even when having visited their store and spent quite some time discussing things to do with my ring, they were enthusiastic to show me and talk to me about other pieces in their store and projects they were working on.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you serious! I stopped breathing for a second...that ring is just gorgeous! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results