shape
carat
color
clarity

Assistance with choosing a Princess Cut Diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldlion

Rough_Rock
I have been reading the forum over the last couple of weeks, and would ask for some asistance with choosing a princess cut diamond.

I understand that one thing to look for is a table% less than the depth%. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Table should be less than 70%, and the depth less than 75% for a princess cut???

After browsing, I have come across two diamonds that interest me:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=2170770

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=9708225

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, etc regarding these diamonds.

Thank you!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I responded to the table/depth thing in a recent thread. The point was it''s not always true. Also, some of the new cut standards suggest you don''t need a table less than 70% or a depth less than 75%.

But, none of that matters with the stones you''ve chosen. Both look REALLY good! I would ask them to run a Sarin on both so you can get the crown and pavilion info. Also, with SI1 stones you need to make sure they''re 100% eye clean (and not from a foot away or whatever the industry uses).

Because you''re going with WF, I would trust Brian to choose the best stone from these. Can you call both in? Do they already have these in stock?

goldlion

Rough_Rock
What would I be looking for in the Crown and Pavillion info? I am not as familiar with these values.

I did talk to Jamie at WF, and she was getting the 1.71 for this Tuesday. I am also going to inquire about the 1.69.

Do you think SI1 is pushing it with inclusions?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 11:21:16 PM
Author: goldlion
What would I be looking for in the Crown and Pavillion info? I am not as familiar with these values.

I did talk to Jamie at WF, and she was getting the 1.71 for this Tuesday. I am also going to inquire about the 1.69.

Do you think SI1 is pushing it with inclusions?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

No, it''s not pushing it--it''s probably your best value. That said, it depends what the inclusions look like. You need to have somebody you trust look at it and confirm that you can''t see it with the naked eye from a reasonable distance (eyeclean). If you can''t, then you''re golden and you''re probably in the sweet price/performance spot for clarity.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
With the crown you want at least 10%--but not too high (my personal preference is 11-13%). With the pavilion, look for the depth to be around 60%.

Honestly, I would trust Brian, the diamond cutter and VP at WF, to tell you whether a stone is a great performer. He helped me with my princess, and it''s AMAZING if I do say so myself!
9.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BTW, my stone is an SI1 and I can''t see the inclusions at all--not through the table or the pavilion.

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
I have gone through your route. Check out some of my postings and you may find some answers there. Thank You.. Chris Roblee

goldlion

Rough_Rock
Is there anything with either of these two diamonds that sets them apart from each other?

I''m not sure why there is such a difference in price? Any other thoughts about the diamonds?

Thanks!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
It could be a number of things. First, you really can''t tell which stone performs better at this point. It may be extremely obvious that the first stone out performs the second when you have ideal scope or ASET images. Or, it could be that one stone shows less color face up, or that the first stone is 100% eye clean while the second is not. Then again, it may just be two separate diamond manufacturers selling the stones and the more expensive one is not necessarily better.

Sorry I couldn''t give you a real answer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results