shape
carat
color
clarity

Assistance with a Diamond Engagement ring (Marquise Cut)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1413905815|3770388 said:
I think red white and blue can be done with her set, meaning wedding band and engagement ring. I wouldn't try and put it all on one ring.

For me I'd do a three stone sapphire/diamond ring, then I'd do a French cut ruby band.

Oh yes.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Rommsey,
Good to see you posting!
I get both sides here.
People are asked for opinions, and boy, are they given! And honestly, which surely is what you wanted.
But I also get the other side.
Sometimes something that 99% of the people seem to reject is exactly what the person is looking for.

I agree that the first ring you posted is questionable for many reasons. Some of the legitimate questions raised regarding specificity and description of product are truly important
Putting all that aside- just talking about style- as compared to 99% of what you see, it's totally out there. Wack. Which might be what you're striving for
One time someone asked us to set half moons backwards- with the flat part facing outwards.
My eyes could not really get used to looking at it, but she was thrilled.
I don't love things more because other people love them- sometimes just the opposite.
So I get wanting something totally unique- and also that you want to do this totally on your own.
I have spoken to many people, buying for their intended who truly want to do it with no input.

BUT- make sure to get a GIA or AGSL report

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only come to say that looking at her pintrest page is not snooping. It's like going on her facebook profile. Is that snooping? No, it's public, all her friends (and probably you) can see it. Is it snooping to read her posts, or look at the pictures she took of her food? No. Pinterest is just the same, it's public and fun. You don't have to use her password to look at it, which might be snooping. Please take a look! You never know what you might find. You keep saying she doesn't have any rings on there, which makes it seem like you've already looked? And if you haven't then you may as well just to see if she does.

Rommsey

Rough_Rock
Hello all again!

I wanted to apologize in that I have been very busy lately including getting a promotion at work, so I'm thankful for your time here and assistance!

I went to a local jeweler last week to learn what I really like and don't like. I definitely want Platinum as it feels better to hold and not as fragile compared to Gold.

Here are a few Sapphire stones from gemfix that I am really impressed with:

sapphire_blue_1180.jpg
Sapphire Cushion Modified "Portuguese"
Weight: 2.24cts
Measurements: 7.7x6.2mm, depth 5mm
Clarity: VVS
Origin: Sri Lanka
Enhancements: None
Price: $ 3995.00
Order/Stock No.: sapphire_blue_1180
Description: Gorgeous unheated blue Ceylon sapphire cushion. Bright medium blue, well cut and eye clean. Certified unheated with AGL lab report included. (Cut by Andrew Gulij). Closest Pantone Color Card: Blue072C with flashes of 2727C

sapphire_blue_1179.jpg
Sapphire OvalModified "Portuguese" Cut
Weight: 3.04cts
Measurements: 8.6x6.9mm, depth 6.2mm
Clarity: VVS-VS
Price: $ 3995.00
Order/Stock No.: sapphire_blue_1179
Description: Dazzling and brilliant light-medium violet-blue. Well cut, sparkly and bright. Faint feather inclusion. Certified unheated. AGL lab report included. (Cut by Andrew Gulij) Closest Pantone Color Card:
2726-2727C

sapphire_blue_1151_4.jpg
Color Change Sapphire Cushion Mixed Cut
Weight: 4.03cts
Measurements: 8.9x7.4mm, depth 6.5mm
Clarity: VVS
Price: $ 4835.00
Order/Stock No.: sapphire_blue_1151
Description: Big and beautiful color change sapphire.Color is violet blue in daylight, bright lavender in incandescent. Sparkly and flashy to the max, eye clean and well cut. Certified unheated, AGL lab report included. No Pantone match

So with the above, how would I go about finding a setting? I have browsed the following without much success:

1) James Allen
2) Blue Nile
3) Whiteflash
4) B2C Jewel

With James Allen I found a style I think is grand:
Platinum Double Claw Halo

This setting, while nice, practically destroys the budget. My budget is not hard set however I am struggling to find a balance between a good quality Sapphire Stone and a Platinum setting.

A place I found on Etsy with great styles is the Sapphire Ring Co. based out of Florida. The styles are flashy but my research leaves me with a lot of questions on authenticity, price and there are no reviews available at least that I can find. The gem reports mention that some are heated, some are not and list the geographical location as not requested. Is this another place to steer clear of?

With the above, are you able to see the style I like? I would like a stone larger than 2 carats with a platinum setting in general. I realize the sites above have pre-made designs but they don't appeal much to me.

As always thank you for your time, consideration, interest and help! It is of the highest value to me well living up to the name that this forum carries on the internet. :mrgreen:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since this latest post is primarily about sapphires-sapphire vendors, Rommsey, may I suggest that you ask the moderators to move your post to the Colored Stones forum, where you'll receive feedback on the sapphires & suggestions re the mounting; the CS forum will be a two-fer for you :))

Rommsey

Rough_Rock
MollyMalone|1415472407|3779820 said:
Since this latest post is primarily about sapphires-sapphire vendors, Rommsey, may I suggest that you ask the moderators to move your post to the Colored Stones forum, where you'll receive feedback on the sapphires & suggestions re the mounting; the CS forum will be a two-fer for you :))

Good call although from past forum experience I figured it was best to keep my one thread alive rather than start several others overall.

I will petition the moderators :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or, if you would consider second hand, this would make an amazing ring for a steal! Jeff white cuts amazing stone, it can be seen here

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/jeff-white-blue-sapphire

with this if its close to her size. (make sure to ask them if it they think it would fit a 6.3mm but if it used to have a .95 in it... then id suspect it could )
http://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/reduced-ritani-platinum-6-dot-25-endless-love-micropave-diamond-solitaire-setting

they even have a matching band if you wanted to go that route... then you would still have half your budget for an amazing ruby band, if you still wanted to do the red white and blue thing

(pretty sure its plat, but ask)
http://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/ritani-platinum-micropave-half-solitaire-6-dot-5-reduced

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1415474553|3779837 said:
Or, if you would consider second hand, this would make an amazing ring for a steal! Jeff white cuts amazing stone, it can be seen here

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/jeff-white-blue-sapphire

with this if its close to her size. (make sure to ask them if it they think it would fit a 6.3mm but if it used to have a .95 in it... then id suspect it could )
http://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/reduced-ritani-platinum-6-dot-25-endless-love-micropave-diamond-solitaire-setting

they even have a matching band if you wanted to go that route... then you would still have half your budget for an amazing ruby band, if you still wanted to do the red white and blue thing

(pretty sure its plat, but ask)
http://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/ritani-platinum-micropave-half-solitaire-6-dot-5-reduced

Great combo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results