shape
carat
color
clarity

Assigned seating at rehearsal dinner....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Are many of you doing assigned seating at the rehearsal dinner? Ours will have about 40 people at a nice restaurant, and I definitely do want some people to sit together.

Is this a common thing?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Coming from someone that ran into a huge issue with this... if you don''t to assigned seating, then please at least make sure the family members that want to sit together, can.

I think it is great that you want to do assigned seating. These are you closest friends and family, and I would want them to be sitting closest to people they want to talk to.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I assigned seats at my RD and the two RDs I''ve been to outside of my own did the same thing. I think its a great idea.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s very common, though I''ve been to some where there wasn''t assigned seating. If you have a definite plan for who you would like to sit together, then go for it!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I think it might depend on the layout of the restaurant and tables. I''ve been to rd''s that weren''t assigned and the seating ended up super awkward, but it can be a big hassle to assign seating if you don''t have to.

At my rd, there were a bunch of 6 people booths (we had the whole bottom floor of a restaurant) and there were plenty of extra tables if some of the tables weren''t full. It ended up working out really well to not assign the seating (my parents are unhappily divorced, so they make seating extra awkward).

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think there is anything wrong with having assigned seating as long as you take into account who you are sitting by one another (which I know you would)

I went to a RD of DH''s friend, the bride had assigned seating but let a random family member do it so I ended up sitting next to the officiant and DH (my BF at the time) was sitting next to our female friend across the room, whose husband was at a different table! It was ridiculous and the sister of the groom ended up moving all the arrangements and pissed the bride off. Best part was, she had open seating at her reception
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 1:31:55 PM
Author:laughwithme
Are many of you doing assigned seating at the rehearsal dinner? Ours will have about 40 people at a nice restaurant, and I definitely do want some people to sit together.

Is this a common thing?

We had about the same number of people at our RD, and we did assigned seating. It worked out really well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results