shape
carat
color
clarity

Asschers in Roanoke

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I am having a really hard time deciding between wanting a generic asscher or a square H&A. Part of the problem is that I have never seen an asscher in person. I love them in pictures but it is hard to translate that into reality. We were going to go look at them when we were at our hometown in Northern Virginia but time ran out. Now we are back at school in south western Virginia and people in the jewelry stores around here barely know what an asscher is. The closest "big" city to us is Roanoke so we were wondering if anyone knew of a jeweler in Roanoke that carries generic asschers. Thanks!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hi indecisive! My fiance and I were new to this area this past year and he ended up purchasing my engagement ring from Harlan & McGuire in Charlottesville, VA. It''s about an hour from me in Lexington and I know Roanoke is 1 hour southish (? hehe) from me. I know the jeweler is retiring and I recall seeing a few asschers and ECs. Since he is retiring everything was on sale about 20-30% off last time I looked and because he is he might sell something at cost. He was really nice and very pleasant to deal with! Also I know he sells alot of unbranded H&A rounds but I don''t know if he sells Square H&A but he did sell us our Jubilee!
9.gif
Hope this helps! Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Contact Royal Asscher and get the name of your closest jeweler. That''s the easiest way to go. Also, you should see the "real deal" with your eyes as well so you can make an informed decision.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Storm. You have helped so much with my asscher obsession and we are going to see 2 asschers tomorrow! It can be dangerous calling a bunch of jewelry stores though; people kept trying to sell us rounds and princess cuts over the phone when they said they didn''t have or know of asschers. Like they really wanted us to buy a different shape over the phone
33.gif

Princess V- I would really like to know the name of the store. We drive through Charlottesville to go back to our home town so it is definitley a possibility(even though that is where our rival university is!).

Thanks for the suggestion Hest88, but I like generic asschers better than the Royals, not to mention they are way out of our price range!!

Thanks everyone... this site is so great!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Its Harlan and McGuire and the number is 434-977-8012. Ask to speak to Biff and tell him Tyler and Vanessa say hi. You definitely should call to see when he''s closing for good though because I think its sometime pretty soon. And you won''t get any pressure to buy rounds or princesses at all here! Quite the contrary, when we got two Jubilees delivered, he actually selected a round H&A and a princess of similar weight for us to compare next to the Jubilee and I believe it was a new AGS 0 Princess. He was really patient and didn''t tell us the price or any thing about purchasing until we asked. If anything he should be able to order some asschers in if he''s not already closed.

Caution about his store front though...I was a little surprised its in historic Charlottesville in The Hardware Store Restaurant. So its a wooden type storefront with lots of yellow lightbulbs. Not what I would call jewelery store lighting at all. On the other hand it gives you a great opportunity to view what diamonds really look like w/o that lighting.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 2:36:25 AM
Author: indecisive
Thank you Storm. You have helped so much with my asscher obsession and we are going to see 2 asschers tomorrow!

Way kewl :}

It can be dangerous calling a bunch of jewelry stores though; people kept trying to sell us rounds and princess cuts over the phone when they said they didn''t have or know of asschers. Like they really wanted us to buy a different shape over the phone
33.gif

figures! Dealing with the awesome top PS vendors all the time its easy to lose sight of just how special they are

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That went a lot better than I thought it would. I am totally in love with asschers and my boyfriend like them a lot more than he thought he would. I even tried on a ring that made me immediately think of you Storm!! It was a 6 carat F VVS2 with 2 carats worth of trillion side stones. Not something I could ever see actually wearing but it was beyond beautiful and it sparked as much as some of the rounds I have seen. I also got to try a one carat I VVS2 in a Ritani setting. It definitely showed some yellow, especially next to a square brilliant of the same color, and it had the very skinny windmills but it was good to be able to see how asschers can sparkle and look on my hand. We won''t be buying there but I do have to recommend Finks to anyone. They actually liked that we had researched and they didn''t push for a sale like every other place had. Not quite a PS vendor but better than most B&Ms. They were taking a pretty big risk leaving that 6 carat asscher with us alone for as long as they did though
31.gif
. Ok, I will quit babbling... it was just so exciting and now we can start more seriously looking for an asscher. And we might be going up to New York the beginning of February so we may even get to stop by GOG
30.gif
!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Way kewl
if you get up to NY call and make an appointment and give them a week or so notice to call some in that are in your size/price range :}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results