shape
carat
color
clarity

ASSCHER

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

berkefamily2

Rough_Rock
I appreciate all the input from the resident experts. I am somewhat frozen as of now as to what fancy cut diamond I want, and with many of the local jewelry stores they do not carry a good selection, so I pick through the internet, classifieds, etc... and need another opinion if some you kind people would not mind.

2.01 Carats
Shape and Cut: Asscher
Color Grade: D
Clarity Grade: SI1
Measurements: 6.78 x 6.79 x 5.01 mm
Depth: 73.8%
Table: 76.0%
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick, Polished
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Faint Blue

Crown 13.8
Pavillion 55.6

13890 is the price. Opinions as to the cut would be appreciated. I don''''t have a Sarin or anything else

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi welcome to pricescope
35.gif
. I'm sure Strmrdr will be around shortly to give you an opinon. He's the asscher expert.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just PM''d Storm for you.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
pass
Its not well cut.
Table is way too big.
2.0 si1 isnt likely going to be eyeclean.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
berkefamily2,

The only thing good about the diamond is the price. Under 14K for a two carat "D" Asscher isn''t going to happen unless the diamond is visibly included. While it is possible to find such a big stone in SI quality that might have acceptable inclusions (note I say acceptable - not totally eye-clean) I would bet that this diamond has inclusions which we usually deem as "offensive".

You might be able to live with a mediocre cut, but when you stare at your diamond and an inclusion stares back you''ve got a problem...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
SI-1 for an Asscher might not be a great idea...Asschers need great color (which that diamond has) but also a really nice clarity....

I have a 2ct Asscher. My color isn''t very good (GIA "I" color) but I do have vvs-2 clarity. If I were you, I would go to a E or F or even G color and get a better clarity diamond. I think "I" is the lowest/warmest color anyone should think of for an Asscher...Although I wouldn''t trade my real antique asscher platinum diamond ring for the world since the love of my life picked it out!!!
2.gif

Anyway, I don''t know much about asschers except that the ones I have seen that are SI clarity can (not always) be a problem.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We saw Stephan''s old K 3c asscher at WF during our visit and it was a stunner. Color was definitely visible against a RB J stone (the K stone looked like old paper color...)but it was such a charmer, it looked ''vintage'', and the color would work great in an old antique style setting. Just a beautiful stone! So depends on what you LIKE for color visibility in these types of stones, but they do show color and clarity inclusions more easily than a RB or other highly faceted stone.

berkefamily2

Rough_Rock
You guys are the best! I will pick your collective brains from time to time and hopefully find something that I want and I for what want to spend.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
MARA- I agree, I actually think that a J or K could look great. I was afraid of what some people on these boards might say since many seem to think anything under near-colorless is not worth getting. I love my "I" in a vintage setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results