shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher with Trapezoids to Look Bigger - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bemens

Rough_Rock
I saw a ring this weekend that was very interesting to me.

It was a .5 asscher G/H VVS1 surrounded by other trapezoids type shapes so it looked like a 2 ct. asscher. there wasnt any white gold between the stones (they are mounted side to side but on an angle) and i wouldnt have even known it wasnt a 2 ct asscher if i hadnt researched exactly how the cut should look and seen the price. It is also has a surround of diamonds similar to the ritani endless love collection. The ring is set in 18kt white gold and the total weigth is 1.52ct.

Does anyone know what type of setting this is called? Any experiences with a setting like this?

The ring was listed for 9,800 but discounted to 6,800. I think its probably worth more like 5,000-6,000 from what I have seen online. Any advice or pro''s/cons on the price or setting?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it sounds like you are referring to an ''illusion'' setting.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2005 11:48:27 AM
Author:bemens

.... a .5 asscher G/H VVS1 surrounded by other trapezoids type shapes so it looked like a 2 ct. asscher.

...Does anyone know what type of setting this is called? Any experiences with a setting like this?
This is a ''composite cut'' made (as far as I know) by GNN Diamonds. See their website at: GNN .

You may ask them for a refference to one of their distributors (GNN is a manufacturer only, it seems).

The pieces need to be set in bezel and the overall effect has the look of a large emerald cut (square or not) only a bit ''different''.

This being said, I love the idea - the stones look like medieval castle windows in certain settings and give the opportunity of some fantastic designs !

I suspect that the settings are made by the distributors so each store may come up with somethign else, but this is at the very least a lead
38.gif

Hope this helps
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
one of the asscher threads around here had a picture of one and I thought it was way kewl.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Whoa--never seen anything like that before! I''ve seen an asscher w/ a baguette halo of sorts, but not this sort of optical illusion sort of thing. Different!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, that''s awesome! Thanks for posting the link Valeria - I would have had no idea that''s what was being described. What a neat concept!

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Fortunoff''s in NYC has one of these. I believe the price was under $5,000 but I''m not sure.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is cool, thanks Ana!!!!!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
That is the coolest of cool illusion type arrangements. I''d be interested in seeing the pricing on these puppies.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2005 10:33:54 AM
Author: bemens

We live in a very expensive resort town....there are 35 jewelery and only 6 stoplights!
OMG! Aspen!!!! Nice though...

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have a photograph of a setting like this?

Scintillating...

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Is this like what you were thinking?

Scintillating...

Traps-and-Asscher.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
wow, I love that!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow GNN has a very spiffy web page. Neato!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results