shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
We are planning to go to GOG next week and these are some of the specs that Tim sent us awhile ago. My bf just got the email because he was using an email address that he doesn''t check regularly
7.gif
. I had really wanted an H VS2 but it is probably hard to find that and my bf wasn''t very specific. I hope they can bring them in time and the good ones are still available. Which ones look promising to have brought in or should we go back to the drawing board? Thanks!

chart.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
You need to get a new list if that list is over 2 weeks old.
General rule table under about 64 and depth in the mid to high 60s.
as square as practical
that will met you the best chance of hitting a good one.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Strmrdr, definitely ask for a new list first. No point mulling over a list and building your hopes up about certain stones, only to find they''ve gone.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Good point. I hope they will be able to get us a new list since Tim is out of town right now. I am starting to wonder if this is a good idea
15.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call GOG and ask for Jonathon, aka Rhino.
2.gif
Good luck, let us know how you make out.
1.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my bf called GOG this morning. They said we couldn''t talk with Jonathon and we couldn''t even make an appointment with him. We could make an appointment but we would just be meeting with whoever was available, not Jonathon. They also said they would bring in a few asscher in our price range/desired specs. I guess I am wondering if it is worth making an 8+ hour trip for this now. Maybe they were just having a really busy morning. My bf is going to have to call again to clarify some things. Do you think calling in the evening would be better than this morning? I had been really excited about this trip but now I am worried. They also still haven''t answered the email about getting more recent specs.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Is this normal that you can''t set up an appointment with Jonathon? How many stones should we reasonably expect to have called in/see? Are there any other good places in NY to go see if GOG can''t find anything for us?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 3:16:48 PM
Author: indecisive
Is this normal that you can''t set up an appointment with Jonathon? How many stones should we reasonably expect to have called in/see? Are there any other good places in NY to go see if GOG can''t find anything for us?
All I know is that Jonathon has been busy working on his new website. Usually you can get an appointment with him no prob??

TexasClaus

Rough_Rock
I had the same problem with them when i flew to nyc. So i said basically not going to waste my time with them. I went with Mark T from engagementringsdirect.com who i bought my asscher from. I highly highly reccomend him. I also went and saw Diamondsbylauren who i would also reccomend but i bought from Mark T. Soley because of the stones he brought in for me and kept me informed and spent a lot of time with me on ideal scope and pointing out everything i needed to know was a highly educational process as well. I just thought i was educated till i got to actually use all the tools and comparisons. Good luck i will post pics of my asscher as soon as i get a camera worthy of taking pictures or develop some macro picture taking skills (im a poor excuse for a photographer) F vs1 1.22 1.97tw 58 table 68.5 dept was dark red all throughout the idealscope its like bling bling bling. Had it set in a custom channel setting 8 e-f brilliant diamonds plat ring. i mean its ALL FIRE in the plat just all kinds of colors.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greetings,

My apologies for any misunderstanding. This morning I couldn''t be reached because when you called I was on the phone with another client. If my assitant told I could not be seen for appointments that is also wrong. I can certainly be seen for appointments. The only time I can''t is if I already have one booked or am sick. Kaleigh is right as I''ve been spending every waking moment working on our upcoming site but I always make time for our clients. If you''d like to speak with me personally indecivie feel free to call me at your convenience. Tim is out this week but Charles and I are taking care of the incoming.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Indecisive... we are currently on our hunt for our asscher with GOG as well. I have spoken with both Jonathan and Tim, they are both totally AWESOME! Let me just say if they were only an 8 hour drive from us we would do it in a hot New York minute! Unfortunately we''re out in CA so we''re doing this all online and over the phone. Talk to Jonathan you WILL NOT be disappointed he is a TOTAL sweetheart! Also, from what I''ve heard suppliers are just getting new inventory in after being cleared out from the holidays and valentines. We should consider ourselves VERY lucky we''re getting first dibs on the new crop!!! Best of luck in your search and keep us posted!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for replying Jonathan! My bf said the store sounded very busy when he called so I understand that there could have been a miscommunication. I was just nervous about making such a long drive in my poor 200,000+ mileage car. My bf will call tomorrow to clarify things. Is there a better time to call? I can't wait to see the new website as well. I am sure it will be well worth all the effort!

ETA: Thanks so much cymbrie! That makes me feel so better. It has been a little scary seeing so many threads about people not being able to find good asscher so I hope that changes with our rings really soon!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to give an update. My bf talked to Jonathan and there had been a miscommunication before. We are going to GOG next Thursday and hopefully buying the perfect asscher!! My bf said that Jonathan sounds so friendly and outgoing. I can''t wait to meet with him and seeing all their new inventory!
36.gif
31.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 3:08:01 PM
I just wanted to give an update. My bf talked to Jonathan and there had been a miscommunication before. We are going to GOG next Thursday and hopefully buying the perfect asscher!! My bf said that Jonathan sounds so friendly and outgoing. I can''t wait to meet with him and seeing all their new inventory!
36.gif
31.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jon will talk your ear off when you get him talking diamonds.
He lives diamonds and it shows when you talk to him.
Cant wait to hear your report and see the picture of the awesome diamond your going to find :}

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Oh Indecisive you lucky girl! I only get to look at numbers and pix online, nothing in person. But Jonathan has been great, so patient with me and all my giddy questions and picky specs :^o.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I am so excited! Thursday seems so far away though! I just hope there isn''t a huge rush on asschers before we can get there. I will def report back though, maybe with pics of a special diamond!! Jonathan really is great. I think it will be very amusing as well as informative! What are you looking at and when do you think you are going to buy cymbrie? We are looking for about a g-h vs1-vs2 around .9-1ct. We can look at some diamonds for you if you want
2.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Hey Indecisive, it had all happened right before I talked to Jonathan he was very concerned about responding to you and making sure your asscher needs were met. He''s really an awesome guy. He''s bringing in a couple stones for us. My top stone based on numbers and budget so far is this one: AS 1.29 I VS2 GIA. I''m a little nervous about the I color, but littlelysser''s I and a few others I''ve seen look very white and purrrty to me this one matches a lot of our criteria too. LOL I should have you guys take a "line up" shot of the ones Jonathan brings in. If Jonathan has some pix for me tomorrow I will start a thread. I wanted to wait till I had some pix before starting a thread for the pic hungry PS crowd. Storm and Kaleigh are graciously providing opinions in my search as well so hopefully btw us we''ll pick a winner. Honestly, from much research and word of mouth I think you''re assured a winning stone going with GOG after speaking with both Jonathan and Tim I feel confident that we will find something great! I think many will agree GOG finds some of the best asschers to be had. Yay we get to share our asscher quest together how exciting. Keep me posted!
36.gif

P.S. Don''t worry about the inventory I think we both waited for the best time. I suspected after the holidays/valentines crunch new stones would be coming in to replenish the stock out and let''s just say it was a good hunch
2.gif
...you''ll see
31.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I know, it is so great we will be getting them about the same time! I was so excited to hear about the new inventory! We want to look at some Is too. I have seen a few on her that look really white, a lot more white than what I was expecting, although my bf is the color sensitive one, not me. I will try to borrow my parents really nice digital camera for some comparison shots if they will let me
31.gif
It is so exciting to think that we will probably have a diamond by next Thursday but then I a out of the process and I have nothing to obsess about on PS! How are you going to have yours set? I have probably read it somewhere but I forgot
15.gif
. I can''t wait to see the pics Jonathan sends you either! He and Tim are so helpful!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
How fun! I knew you'd be pleased about the new inventory part, I know I was
31.gif
. Jonathan said the I would face up really white. I tend to be color sensitive unfortunately, but cut and carat outweigh color for me, also we are in the process of buying a house (in CA bay area single family homes start in the 600-700's) and planning a wedding so I really want to stay within budget and hopefully upgrade later (insert dream 2ct F VS2 asscher here
9.gif
) To be perfectly honest though, I've never had anything like this so I may get the ring and love it so much I may not care to upgrade (here's hoping at least
2.gif
). The other reason I want to stay within budget brings me to your other question...setting. I'm really hoping to have Mark Morell set my asscher. I've already spoken to him and we had a great convo what a sweetie. I think I mentioned probalby in another thread my FI proposed with my wedding band on the beach, and though I LOVE the d-vatche x-prong solitaire (similar to Tiffany Lucida) my band will NOT sit flush and personally I do not like the curved band look, more importantly, my sentimentality is associated with the band FI proposed with. So Mark and I discussed how he could modify the design to accomodate my band sitting flush and it would be an MWM original!!!! Very very simple just platinum and asscher oh except my wband has a tiny little sparkly in it. Oh gosh if you could take some pix of your excursion that would be awesome! Jon is supposedly getting in my top pick today
36.gif
so I'm probably going to go pester him again now.
11.gif
Oh here's the wband FI proposed on the beach with.

cj_wband.JPG

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds absolutely gorgeous!! The rings I have seen from MM have been to die for. I agree with you about the curved band. I don''t like the look as much and I would like to be able to wear just the band when I work with my horses. Congrats on buying a house as well! I grew up in Pleasanton, CA and I miss it so much! I do like being able to have land and horses in VA but I always be a Cali girl. Let me know if you want us to look at/take pictures of anything when we go (if you haven''t bought something by then
2.gif
) I love your wedding band too!!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing coincidence! My sis and her hubby live in Danville! I have spent A LOT of time in Pleasanton beautiful area! That is just too funny. I know what you mean about horses though, FI''s folks actually have a small Arabian horse ranch on the central coast. They have a beautiful spanish arab dapple grey stallion that they are breaking Pirelli (sp?) method (no crops etc) I''m supposed to be the first to get on his back this spring eeep
37.gif
. I used to ride and show as a kid...growing up in Hawaii of course I never got to have a horse of my own....no land but I certainly LOVED my lessons and the school horses. That so so cool that you have horses. If we end up on the central coast FI has hinted we might in a few years I will finally get to have horses
9.gif
. In fact I may even get to keep Kasik (grey arab) he is such a doll the mellowest sweetest stallion I''ve ever met...he''s my "other boyfriend" LOL!

Yeah so how about you what setting are you considering? Just a tip if you like MM give him serious consideration he may not be as expensive as you anticipate at least from what I''ve seen in terms of price difference btw prefab and a custom piece for something simple like I''d like.
2.gif
Gosh it''s too bad we don''t have PMs anymore. If you have Kaleigh''s email addy tell her to forward you my email addy and maybe we can discuss offline
9.gif
. Or maybe even Jonathan. If I haven''t gotten anything by next thursday that would be totally cool. Thanks the wband is from Tiffany the Peretti design.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so neat you are a horse person too!! When I lived in CA I actually rode a 4 year old dapple grey Arabian. I had to commute 40min to get to the stable but it was worth it. Arabians are so gorgeous! We breed warmbloods now in Northern VA and my parents have 150 acres, so it is a little different from where we used to live. I def miss CA in the summer though. The humidity here is terrible!!
We are actually probably going to go with Quest, since they are local and will be able to size and check the ring for life. I keep going back and forth on what type of setting I want, thus my username
2.gif
, but this is what I am liking so far. I am just giving my bf ideas of what I like and he gets to make the final decision(eek!). It is better that way though, because if it were up to me I would never be able to make a decision and I would just have to carry the diamond around to show people
20.gif
AsscherRing003.jpg

With or without pave (I can''t decide so the bf gets to) but definitely split claw prongs. And the bf has been given specific directions to talk to Quest about making sure that a wedding band will fit with it! I a way too excited! I can''t wait to see the pictures Jonathan sends you either! Hopefully it will keep me satisfied till Thursday
31.gif

TexasClaus

Rough_Rock
Goodluck Ladies!!! I''m estatic about the asscher i bought my special lady! I know that the two of you from all the forums have definetly done your homework! Eyes and specs and you cant go wrong. Look indoors with out the flourescent lights and outdoors in the sunlight. Finally got pics of the one i bought from Mark T. and ive had it for two weeks. Pricescope admin posted them for me today under showmethering forum. Ladies i wish you the very best of luck! Have fun in NYC and I reccomend Mark T., Diamondsbylauren, if you do not find what you are looking for. I know both of them as well as GOG you do better by setting an appt with.
HOP TO IT and post some more Asscher Candy!!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the advice TexasClaus! I just posted in your SMTR thread. Your ring is lovely! I hope I will have pictures soon
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 3:08:01 PM
36.gif
31.gif
Have fun, I''m glad it all worked out. Jonathon is great to work with. I can''t wait to see what you pick!!!
1.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Hey Inde...that is SO cool your folks have such expansive acreage! Warmbloods are gorgeous. I hear ya about the commuting. Mom used to have to take me to the other side of the island to ride (ok so in HI that''s only 30 min LOL) but it was far for us
9.gif
. Oh that setting is stunning Kaleigh got her stellar asscher halo from Quest and it''s rockin! LOVE the split claw prongs, such a classy look with the asscher keep us posted on what you decide or your FI rather. I think you will be thrilled with Jonathan and GOG he has just been awesome to work with and trust you me I''ve been a real pain in the asscher LOL (sorry Kaleigh) you know it had to be done!

TC I commented in your thread on SMTR absolutely gorgeous LOVE the setting, she''s gonna be blown away. My boss in Houston always says "git ''er done" and you sure did! Yep sure have been researching this puppy for a while. And in fact I finally have some pix so I will start my new thread with no furter adieu.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results